Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is Honesty always the best Policy??

magellanmax

Its that time of the year again,.....'tis the season' when all kinds of hideous clothes will be given all around in absolute holiday cheer or jeer depending on your case. Now, I'm sick of faking a smile everytime I get some crummy xmas gift. So this year, I'm changing the rules!! with your help ofcoz. How do you come out and tell someone that their shitty gift could have been well appreciated at the local Goodwill store? Now, dont get me wrong and judge, we all have been recipients of such. For instance, that big, white and fuzzy sweater you got last christmas. Your family and friends may have fawned over you saying how cute you looked in it,....true...if looking like a baby Polar bear is cute for you.,...so be it. And how come you never left the house wearin it? And how come you were the first in line at the mall to get a exchange or most,to get a friggin refund? How many gifts from last xmas did not end up in the dumpster? Well, the question for the ages if you are not gonna keep it, what do you tell 'em without hurting their feelings? Let me hear your take on this....

Then again....

just ma opinion....dont make it rite :D

:laugh: I hate opening gifts from my family in front of them!!! Having to put on that fake smile and act like you love whatever the hell they got you is the WORST!!!

But I WOULD NEVER be honest w/them and just say I didn't like it... Yes, honestly is the best policy in most situations...

But it's also important to remember that "it's the thought that counts" and it's just plain RUDE to act so ungrateful.... Especially this time of year....

So IMO, just keep on pretending you LOVE the presents, because quite frankly.. you're lucky to be getting them!!!!

*Never look a gift horse in the mouth* :D

lol,...well, so, like you said, its the thought that counts...I dont dissagree with that. Its nice to know that someone or peeps remembered you during this memorable season. Its good to be appreciated. But what if you get the same crappy gift that doesnt keep on giving-in the same literal holiday season kinda way? Is it too much top ask for something better that you enjoy and could use?

Pretending to like it makes one a liar or a fake...doesnt it?..But if thats what it takes to be nice.....then..I guess u r rite...:)

Then again.....

Originally posted by magellanmax

Pretending to like it makes one a liar or a fake...doesnt it?..But if thats what it takes to be nice.....then..I guess u r rite...:)

Then again.....

Well I guess in technical terms.. yes it does make you a liar/fake... But I just think it's so completely inconsiderate and unncessary to hurt someone during the holidays when they were thoughtful enough to give you a gift......

OH by the way......... I like the addition to your quote..... (Then again) :laugh:

You're too much MG

Originally posted by mystify82281

Well I guess in technical terms.. yes it does make you a liar/fake... But I just think it's so completely inconsiderate and unncessary to hurt someone during the holidays when they were thoughtful enough to give you a gift......

i dont think you should think about it as fake, but as being nice(not to hurt anyones feelings)

if its a close friend, you can tell them the truth, hopefully

my immediate family i am brutally honest. lol thts probably why my mom sticks to my "list" or money and gift certificates. (i am also very picky) my other family ususally just asks my mom... she tells them the list too :laugh:

bf's .. it depends. sometimes i have done the "awww how cute" others i have been honest.. "that is great, but i would like to echange it"

although one of my ex's got me some great gifts: north face parka , and then a complete table setting from crate and barrel including serving platters, and bowls.

Originally posted by mystify82281

:laugh: I hate opening gifts from my family in front of them!!! Having to put on that fake smile and act like you love whatever the hell they got you is the WORST!!!

But I WOULD NEVER be honest w/them and just say I didn't like it... Yes, honestly is the best policy in most situations...

But it's also important to remember that "it's the thought that counts" and it's just plain RUDE to act so ungrateful.... Especially this time of year....

So IMO, just keep on pretending you LOVE the presents, because quite frankly.. you're lucky to be getting them!!!!

*Never look a gift horse in the mouth* :D

Exactly...and you could always return it

So....in essence in you are agreeing (is that a friggin word?) with me. There's tons of lousy gifts bein passed around. How about telling the relatives/friends who historically give lousy gifts to give gift certificates or vouchers?....Is that sounding more of an ingrate?..I hope not.... I still think its not fair to yourself to withstand that kinda treatment year in and year out.... Somethings' gotta give....

Then again....