Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The offcial, Space Sound engineer should be fired!!

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

My hearing is shot. I even started asking around for hearing plugs... That was a piss poor tunning job over there. From blown speakers to highs that hit so high, most people held their ears, to excessive bass that muffled the vocals and the mids.... It was aweful.... please post who the sound guys are, so we can kick them in the balls....

We all know the new club is comming soon, but don't fuck over your current crowd like that, espcially for DD.

And please don't come on here and blame DD..

:blown: :blown: :blown:

Though the new space system vs maze will be interesting to see which is better.. I doubt anyone can get a clearer system then maze...:eek:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by lolahotass

Yeah, the sound did not seem on point in my opinion....

Looking forward to the new Space all though I am retired for a wee bit from that place after I damn near died in the red room.................:laugh:

Lola:D

what are we gonna do in our retirment, with all this time on our hands:D

maybe some Golf.... i'll bring a boom box for our cart so we can jam out...

what kinda system they got in there anyway

sounds mad fugazy

horrible

lows are to low

highs are to high

mids are to high

problem is

they dont have a 4 corner wall system

they have these bass bins on the floor and these other speakers hangin off the cielings so that they kill ur ears

instead of having MANY speakers all playing at a lower volume they have less speakers all blasting loud there for u get distortion and awfull range

with all the money they make they should invest in a new system

and tip

not another fake phazon system

phazonsa r weak anyway compaired to some the other companies doing sound these days

Originally posted by saleen351

what are we gonna do in our retirment, with all this time on our hands:D

maybe some Golf.... i'll bring a boom box for our cart so we can jam out...

Golf sounds good Saleen... I'm going today or tomorrow for a round...

Retirement from the clubs starts January for me........:idea: We do have to have a retirement blow-out party though when you get back...:eek:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by lolahotass

I'm going today or tomorrow for a round...

a round of beers, or a round of golf:D

phazon just sucks.... all hype... its clear, but nothing like mazes system...

phazon just sucks.... all hype... its clear, but nothing like mazes system...

I dunno man.. I think if u ever experienced a true Phazon set up, u would definitely be able to tell the difference... The sound that comes out of those systems will not hurt your hearing, u dont have to yell into someones ear's to be heard, even if ur very close to one of the speaker stacks...The Phazon sound system is not just hype, it has been proven succesful by the many clubs that get the Dash team to come in and tweak the set up acording to the dimensions of the room., and all the other things they do in order to fine tune it...

IMO that ur opinion might be a little biased, seeing that u are the "future legend" of this MAZE club.. that u prolly work for them, or just got this gig or wahtev... dont get me wrong, I am glad for u, but it is not the best shit on the planet, just because ur involved w it...

What we all agree on, is that the Space team MUST do something to their system ASAP... It has been all fuct up for as long as i can remember.

I am definitely getting plugs for the next time i go there.. (this Friday for PVD! :D)

Peace,

MP3. :smoke:

Hmm, SBS seems to have his resume intact, but I'd like to see personal testimonials to his work too. I think that guy posted on here once or twice.

Space's rig does have moments when it isn't that good, but I find it hard to believe Louis and co. let it slip that bad.

I already pretty much know what they're going with for the next Space, but if I had to make a recommendation, I'd go with the people from Sound Investment out of Chicago, who do the Funktion-One installs here in the US. If you want a back-up opinion of their work, just ask Saleen.

I'm not gonna get technical now (gotta catch a bus), but trust me on the fact that the Funktion One systems rock.

Originally posted by pod

Hmm, SBS seems to have his resume intact, but I'd like to see personal testimonials to his work too. I think that guy posted on here once or twice.

Space's rig does have moments when it isn't that good, but I find it hard to believe Louis and co. let it slip that bad.

I already pretty much know what they're going with for the next Space, but if I had to make a recommendation, I'd go with the people from Sound Investment out of Chicago, who do the Funktion-One installs here in the US. If you want a back-up opinion of their work, just ask Saleen.

I'm not gonna get technical now (gotta catch a bus), but trust me on the fact that the Funktion One systems rock.

isn't that what Maze has now?... I heard it's the same system used at the Miami Arena for the Sasha and Digweed party during WMC '02. The sound in that party rocked big time... never heard a better sound anywhere and it was in a fucking arena. :D

Guest saleen351

mp3some: I don't work for any club, never had.... Well one in NC but that was college where we played back that ass up all night long.

Phazon is good, don't get me wrong, its clear as hell, but doesn't pump like spaces system, but each phazon is not the same, so i'm saying overrall phazon is hype, but certain phazon systems are the shit. But word is the upkeep is rediculos... and clubs don't want to deal with them

pod, i doubt space would use funktion one, simply because they want to have a better system for bragging rights, but i doubt anyone will top mazes system....

Originally posted by laliux

isn't that what Maze has now?... I heard it's the same system used at the Miami Arena for the Sasha and Digweed party during WMC '02. The sound in that party rocked big time... never heard a better sound anywhere and it was in a fucking arena. :D

The sound for the Delta Heavy tour was a mobile Phazon setup... They wanted nothing but the best to take the SnD experience to every city they played...

Phazon is good, don't get me wrong, its clear as hell, but doesn't pump like spaces system, but each phazon is not the same, so i'm saying overrall phazon is hype, but certain phazon systems are the shit. But word is the upkeep is rediculos... and clubs don't want to deal with them

A Phazon system is Clear and Powerful... It pumps as much as any other system w/o excess on any level AND customized for the particular space.. When u say it doesnt pump like Space's system is exactly the point in case.. it doesnt pump the shit out of ur ears... If the quality of sound was 'all hype' they wouldnt have clients from as many places including some of the best clubs in NYC, as well as clubs in other places in the US, UK, Australia, Japan etc... If it needs upkeeping and maintenance, it is the same way with any precision tool.. it needs to be tuned to perform at its best...

As far as Maze, I will definitely check it out sometime soon... It would be a real delight to hear good music in miami w/o having my hearing blown out...:rolleyes:

peace!

-mp3. :smoke:

Originally posted by andrewthomas

what kinda system they got in there anyway

sounds mad fugazy

horrible

lows are to low

highs are to high

mids are to high

problem is

they dont have a 4 corner wall system

they have these bass bins on the floor and these other speakers hangin off the cielings so that they kill ur ears

instead of having MANY speakers all playing at a lower volume they have less speakers all blasting loud there for u get distortion and awfull range

with all the money they make they should invest in a new system

and tip

not another fake phazon system

phazonsa r weak anyway compaired to some the other companies doing sound these days

have u been to arc? they have a steve dash sound system and it's far from 'weak' as u put it.

phazon sucks for this 1 reason

DIGITAL

who wants digital?

ewwww

whats the chances of space doing anything bout it anyway??

and anyone know what system they gonna have in the new space if it ever opens?

i can get SBS in for a very reasonable price if any one who lookin for installations reads this

Originally posted by diegonyc

have u been to arc? they have a steve dash sound system and it's far from 'weak' as u put it.

u stupid jackass whos talkin bout arc??

cant u read the topic?

yes dash is good

but if dash did space he fuckin ripped those suckas off cause thats gotta be one the worst systems he ever done

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by diegonyc

yea, thats the system DT was gonna leave the club for because the sound engineers were messing with his levels... I guess his speeches were not sounding too good:laugh: :laugh:

Arc's system is nothing to sneeze at. It edges out Maze slightly.

DIGITAL

who wants digital?

ewwww

Almost all club systems nowadays use digital processing in some fashion. Almost all live applications too. Even your friend Shorty uses digital processing, it's on his website...any BSS product he's using utilizes digital processing.. It's what gives the system the clarity that the people want. I'd gladly put up a digital rig up against any '100% analog' system out there, if such a setup exists anymore. With a digitally processed system, you can easily get beyond CD quality...

A CD is played back with a sampling rate of 44.1 kHZ and at 16-bit resolution. Vinyl, being an analog format, goes beyond that, but at the same time introduces other problems such as harmonic distortion, rumble, wow, and flutter. A turntable is also very prone to feedback, and you'll hear many inexperienced DJs riding a feedback wave all night. Where digital processing comes in is it takes the raw analog of the vinyl signal, processes out the feedback elements, the clicks and hissing, as well as any other imperfections...and the latest processing gear does it at "24/96" which means a resolution of 24 bit, and a sampling rate of 96 kHZ. A digital source such as a CD benefits from this as well, as some interpolation happens, providing a more detailed signal.

These systems are future-ready too, with the advent of new playback formats such as DVD-Audio and Sony's SACD (SACDs sound fantastic, BTW...).

If you'd like, I'll point out the digital elements in any reputable club on the beach or elsewhere sometime...no reputable installer does a whole-analog install anymore.

Originally posted by andrewthomas

u stupid jackass whos talkin bout arc??

cant u read the topic?

yes dash is good

but if dash did space he fuckin ripped those suckas off cause thats gotta be one the worst systems he ever done

lol

you're the stupid jackass that has no idea what you're talking about.

yeah bro, dash designed space's sound system.. dumbass...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by twilo2010

Don’t know if anyone here has heard the Analog system at Stereo in Montreal, Canada – it’s definitely the best and clearest sound I’ve heard

they have a festival every year, i can't remember the name, but i heard it was phat....