Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best Pre club bars in New York

well arc is in the middle of nowhere...its the only thing open for like a mile around there...plus noone in arc drinks because theres no alcohol...everyone does drugs in there....as far as pre-bars...2nd avenue between 49th and 53rd streets have tons of bars but theyre kinda dressy and crowded and since u wanna go to arc in sneakers u probably wouldnt wanna go there...my best advice...go to liquids on 1st Avenue and 10th Street...its on 10th Street close to the corner of 1st ave and it doesnt look like a lounge...the music is incredible in there and u can wear whatever u want...drinks are a bit expensive but the vibe is good.

Try Cherry in the W. Tuscany Hotel on the corner of 39th st. and Park Ave. in West Midtown. I've been there twice and had a good, laid back time both times.

It can get a little cheesy at times. The DJ played decent tunes, but couldn't mix or match a beat to save his life. He also played Jay Z four out of ten songs at one point too. That's a sure sign of a lousy DJ; can even get the song selection goin'. The music ins't the draw though; it's only there for the background.

The crowd was mid 20's to mid 30's roughly. Pretty laid back vibe with very little pretentiousness for Manhattan. Don't know what your style is, but it is basically a nice, little lounge. The place goes off from Happy Hour basically to 2 or later (I left at around 2 both times and it was still packed). There was a line up until 1:00 or so as well. Check it out.

By arc, if you're trying for a nice-ish place, I'd recommend Noca (Spring St. between 7th + 8th)

Otherwise, I just hit up Finnerty's (13th + 3rd).....2 dollar pints, and 5 dollar mixed drinks made in pint glasses. Get you sloshed quick cheap!

It's fun...that way you have to go to the bathroom so bad you have to explode while you're standing in the line at Arc!

right down the block from ARC on hubert street is Il Mattone, the peeps in there are really nice and they know you're trying to get a buzz before heading back down the block so they give ya really good amounts of alcohol, the bartenders also like like talk dance music and DJs which is a nice warmup.

Joe

I hate sharing my secret but it's all about the Emerald Pub on Spring which is conveniantly located next to Noca. The bartenders in there make some mean effin drinks to keep you coming back for more. On top of killer Long Island Ice Teas, it's rather inexpensive to get shit faced in pre-Vinyl.

It's my favorite pre-game bar.

Originally posted by az-tec

Antarctica on Spring and Hudson is another killer bar...

its a shithole, but i always go there before ARC..cheap ass strong drinks...

i second that...$5 for a mixed drink that is served in a pint glass...they also have a pretty decent selection of beers.....also check out this joint....$3-$4 beers...soho...laid back....dive bar but in a soho kinda way...its about a 10 minute walk to get to arc...

Milady's Bar & Restaurant -- Bars & Night Clubs

160 Prince St New York NY (212) 226-9069

dude, now you're talking, i got totally sloshed off 4 one-pint long islands one night, cost me $20, great place- and if your name comes up as name of the day- you'll drink for free!!!!! :eek:

Joe

Originally posted by az-tec

Antarctica on Spring and Hudson is another killer bar...

its a shithole, but i always go there before ARC..cheap ass strong drinks...