Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What would you do in this situation????

Whats up my club people. I was jut married nov 2 of this year. one of me and my wifes friends gave us a check for our wedding gift. this check bounced there for causing 3 checks that I sent out to pay bills to also bounce. A $200 dollar gift has now cost me over $350 dollars and fees. She has not yet made good on the situation. one day says she has the money the next day shes broke, i am really pissed because i know she goes out at least three times a week to lounges in the city and she blows probably blows 3 grams of coke a week.oh yeah she is going to vegas on tuesday for new years how do I tell them that they are an asshole nicely

Originally posted by foodidoo

Whats up my club people. I was jut married nov 2 of this year. one of me and my wifes friends gave us a check for our wedding gift. this check bounced there for causing 3 checks that I sent out to pay bills to also bounce. A $200 dollar gift has now cost me over $350 dollars and fees. She has not yet made good on the situation. one day says she has the money the next day shes broke, i am really pissed because i know she goes out at least three times a week to lounges in the city and she blows probably blows 3 grams of coke a week.oh yeah she is going to vegas on tuesday for new years how do I tell them that they are an asshole nicely

And your wife calls this person a friend. Tell you what. If the lady has a serious problem. Get her help. If not then erase her from your lives. Someone like this will only cause more problems. And obviously does not have any repect for you guys.

I mean we all come into money problems here and there. But if you know well enough that the money wont be in the bank when the bride and groom deposit it. Then either (A) Give cash. Or (B) explain your situation. But don't give a check knowing it is going to bounce. That is total disrespect. Especially the cost of plates at weddings these days.

Myself. I know my money comes and goes. There are times I have alot in the bank and times I have shit in the bank. That is why I never give checks. I only use checks for bills. Everything else is cash. I don't ever want to get embarressed like that.

This is something affecting you and your monetary situation personally. Even if she is a friend, if she's not realizing her mistake, you might want to contact an attorney or accountant.

And what makes it all the worse is that you are very recently married. This is the time to be very cautious with the buck, and if I were you, i would seek professional advice.