Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Marco V this past morning...

:D

That's about all I have to say. I think I can fit back into my pants now after dancing off those calories. Nice meeting you Rocksteady, good seeing everyone else out there....

BTW, for those who left early, Victor Dinaire closed things up from 6 to 7 and played a pretty darn good set himself.....something to look forward to for next week when he opens up for 00...

Originally posted by brickhouse

:D

That's about all I have to say. I think I can fit back into my pants now after dancing off those calories. Nice meeting you Rocksteady, good seeing everyone else out there....

BTW, for those who left early, Victor Dinaire closed things up from 6 to 7 and played a pretty darn good set himself.....something to look forward to for next week when he opens up for 00...

whatd marco v play since he can range from progessive trance/hard progressive trace and tech?

It's an understatement to say that Marco V delivered an ass-kicking set. The first few mixes were a little off as he was getting used to the equipment, but he was tight after that. He played from 2:30 to 5:30. If he played longer, you'd probably see legs falling off.

After his set, he came out to the bar and shook hands/signed autographs/took pictures with everyone. He's quite short, especially for a Dutchman.

I'll let others decide on exactly what genres were played, but it was hard and fast most of the time. Near the end of his set, he put on anthems like Simulate, GODD, Cafe del Marco V.

I was actually hoping DJ Remy would do another closing set like he did on the Picotto night. But Victor did an excellent set.

Out of the Blue sounded really nice on Arc's Phazon when he played it.

Ferry Corsten and Kid Vicious stopped by earlier, while Remy was spinning.

It was quite a weekend for me, as I saw and heard 4 Dutch DJ's. Could've been 5 in a week if Tiesto @ World wasn't so damn expensive.

Wow, Marco V was the man last night. It was the first time I was ever hearing him live (I'm sure it was everyone's first time since hes never been to NY) and I really didn't know what to expect from him. I thought he might play a lot of progressive which I don't mind but I prefer not to hear all night long. He opened his set with some song that I didn't know and it was so phat. It was a unique style and really just made u dance your ass off. Then he played New York New York (this time the power didn't go off for it like it did at Roxy for Armin) and that was hot of course but that was about as progressive as he got. He just statred playin hard techy/trance stuff alll night long and boy did it keep us movin. I was gettin worried when the place was still empty at almost 1 oclock but eventually a nice size crowd came in and you had just the right combo of space to dance and crowdedness. Overall I had a great time and I can't wait for him to come back to NYC. I will def be there.

Last night was a lot of fun. From listening to his previous live sets I had an idea of what he was going to bang out... but he sure did bang out it. Lots of very hard beats, dropped some awesome tracks too!

Where was the crowd? There were about 200 people there... u think?? The side room was closed as well.

Great seeing a bunch of CP heads out, nice meeting rocksteady and iluvrutgers for the first time.

The LASERS were awesome, very nice touch!! They should bring those out every night.... What happened to the CO2 guns?? Hmmm... that would have been a nice combo.

Anyway, all in all I had a good night. He definetely wore me out by the end of the night. After that I could definetely go for some nice deep house, perhaps something a little more mellow. PEace 2 all.

good seeing y'all!

I loved the first 45 minutes of victor's closing set.

Marco's set i liked but i really didn't think its was as great as you all seemed to. Was thinking that with the crowd so small and him not getting much feedback he was sorta searching for his style a lot of the time. Great tracks but i didn't think it all held together that well. Would love to see him with a full house.

Certainly had me up and dancing though :D

Originally posted by barvybe

Marco's set i liked but i really didn't think its was as great as you all seemed to. Was thinking that with the crowd so small and him not getting much feedback he was sorta searching for his style a lot of the time. Great tracks but i didn't think it all held together that well. Would love to see him with a full house.

Certainly had me up and dancing though :D

Ditto.

Music was pretty good, but could have used some spice during some parts of the night. Crowd was thin, but seemed to give a decent amout of feedback.

did he play "i feel u" - i wanted to go but was too worn out from ferry to go alone bc no one would go with me. im sad i missed it but i heard his mixing skills arent all that great anyway, but it sounds like it was a great night to dance, with all the space and hard beats. sorry i missed it.

woohoo finally back home!

marco played a sick set

(for those that like their trance uplifting, and their kickdrums hard ;)

and as for his "mixing skills being not that great" i would say those claims are unfounded.

I feel that in a club setting the difference between great mixing and decent mixing is almost negligable, as long as there are no audible fuck ups it doesnt really make a difference (to me at least)

i think track selection is much more important, for a trance dj

ok rant over

It was great, i was in internet meetup overload, met so many of you guys, and cant remeber one persons real name! but at least i know everyones faces, so i can holla when i see yall at the disco!

i had a great time, felt like i was in the rave scene in "Groove" at one point, good crowd, plenty of dancing room! I was a little scared when i first got there, NO ONE was there, (not that that slows me down any ;)

and brickhouse - your concern for my driving ability was appreciated! i ended up finally going to sleep after an impressive 43 hour clubbing marathon!

once again , nice meeting everyone!

time to rest the limbs......

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

I feel that in a club setting the difference between great mixing and decent mixing is almost negligable, as long as there are no audible fuck ups it doesnt really make a difference (to me at least)

sorry

but i think the mix is very important in a club setting. in a trance set its an opportunity for the DJ to change the energy levels and alter the tone of the set. part of that is done through track selection, but a good part of it is done in the mix too. there are millions of ways to mix two records together, a good DJ (in my opinion) is one who picks the best one for the moment.

lemon 8 - New York New York

Redhead - Magic Flight

Push - Universal nation (2002 mix)

Dj Tomcraft - Loneliness(klub mix)

Energy 52 - Cafe del Marco

Dave clarke - The wolf

Knasai - Roccoco

Plastic boy - silver bath

Solar Factor - Urban Shakedown

Ricky Le roy - kiss me

Neurotic Jock - Therapy

Underworld - Two months off(marco v rmx) CD-r

Max Walder - Samba Del Costa

LSG - Infectious (SAS RMX)

DJ Misjah - Hollow

W Jorge Henze - Auroara Borealis (Major Rush Remix)

Vanguard - Flash

Slacker - Scared (The Lonely Traveler Mix)

Unknown - Unknown - Track 14 of EM

Unknown - Unknown - Track 23 of EM (its not invaders)

Marco v vs Faithless - GODD is a DJ

Marco v - In Charge

Marco V - Echoes (Albumsampler II Mix)

Marco V - Indicator

Marco V - Simulated

Marco V - Atlanta 020202

Marco V - Milla

Marco V - Solarize

Marco V - Rise

Marco V - Revolt

Set wasnt that great...marco said he palyed a variety set....not his typical set....HIS set at GLOW was 100x better

nice meeting rocksteadyCT

ANyone down to go to MOntreal to see marco v and j00f on the same night? jan 24th