Clubplanet Nightlife Community

THE ANNOUNCMENT....from METRO LOUNGE....HERE IT IS!!!!!

ml2k1

sounds like a great idea. What time can you enter until? And does the cover charge change after 1am?

I think there is one risk to the club with this. That people will now go elsewhere on Friday night...and just come to Metro for afterhours. Metro might be looked upon as only the afterhours place. I think it will wind up being profitable for the club though no matter what...good job.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by lynn74

I think its a great idea. And its really only 1 less hour that you can buy a drink, not drink it.If i am reading it correct.Right goerge? So i can buy a bottle of vodka before 1 and be drinking it at 4am?YAY:) ;) ;) and also, any reason not to go to vynal is a good one, vynal is gross:vomit3:

As long as its before 1 you can buy as much booze as you want, the bartender is the only one who can't serve it to you. So you can buy a bottle, or perhaps ML will start serving buckets of beer on ice... As long as you store up there will be no difference other than when you leave you'll be ready to go, not have the lights come on at 2:15 and buzz kill ya....

Theres no way it would just be known as an aftehours place. They have a steakhouse there and also the friday happy hour has been getting me there early every friday.

I think sandmans right

its winds up being the same thing. And whats up with the monster drink cups? I like that idea.

Ya know what george, i would not even advertise the afterhour thing that much, the right people will find out about it. And metro already has the right people in there at 2am anyway. JUST LOCK THE DOORS AND ITS A PARTY. Keep all the posers OUT!

I don't think this will last very long because metro will lose an hour of sales in order to stay open later. How does metro profit from this if you can't sell alcohol between 1 and whatever and the paramus police will be on the place like flies on shit if its an afterhours joint.

This is the worst idea ever. I don't even get to metro until 12:30 so i i'm supppose to go there and have one drink before last call!! So the drinkers are suppose to sacrifice their good time for the crackheads!! That also reinforces a younger crowd to come. Thanks alot crackheads!!!!

Guest saleen351

they tried this in my college town when i ran a club... it didn't work, other establishments were fueding with us and the city.... in the end, the loop hole was shut down, and your bartenders may go to jail for serving people mass amounts of alcohol, and since most places have a 5 beer limit, you gots to watch yourself...

good luck and god i hope bunka and abyss go to a 4am closing....

Originally posted by ninadd

This is the worst idea ever. I don't even get to metro until 12:30 so i i'm supppose to go there and have one drink before last call!! So the drinkers are suppose to sacrifice their good time for the crackheads!! That also reinforces a younger crowd to come. Thanks alot crackheads!!!!

So you get there at 12:30 and hang out till 2:15??? Whats the use of hanging out for under 2 hours??

Originally posted by thesandman

So you get there at 12:30 and hang out till 2:15??? Whats the use of hanging out for under 2 hours??

I don't need to be at a club for more than a few hours. I just like to say hi and have a few drinks I don't go to clubs that late anymore. Those days are over.

Originally posted by tempkid

You sure you want to go around in public saying something like that?

You don't think The Danfury's and the KostaP's will test you to those words. They will stay till the point George that you are going to wish you never said that.

Only the strong survive. No more wasting $105 on a room. Just a few bottles and were going strong all night long.

If you run out of liquor come see me in my corner cause I'll be boozing till the cows come home.

Originally posted by EUROCHIC99

this is going to be rough every friday :D ...just when i thought i was out and was going to be taking it easy after the new year ..i get pulled back in..hehe....;):D

OH PLEASE you knew u were lookin for something like this....

cant say ur not the least bit happy

Originally posted by xxsplashxx

:rolleyes:

First off, Arc has been cleaned up lately, and Second of all you cant hear Danny Tenaglia elsewhere, and that itself is worth the trip to Arc:tongue:

The energy and vibe died at ARC when vinyl was killed. It has never been the same.

As great as Tenaglia is I'd rather stay at Metro drink till 1 get a few bottles and hear Richie, and not have to worry about bridges tunnels tolls parking parking tickets driving home. For me Metro is the best bet for afterhours.

Originally posted by kostaP

The energy and vibe died at ARC when vinyl was killed. It has never been the same.

As great as Tenaglia is I'd rather stay at Metro drink till 1 get a few bottles and hear Richie, and not have to worry about bridges tunnels tolls parking parking tickets driving home. For me Metro is the best bet for afterhours.

i would just like to say i dont know how vinyl was before but i went for the first time this past friday and had THE TIME OF MY LIFE!!!!

I had become a SF regular in the past few months, but at Arc, it was insane i didnt want it to end............

dont know why, maybe the music or something.......could have been my company...............i would never say Vinyl was gross it was actually pretty clean and airy.............people were a lil wacked but who really cares about that unless you are just some lamer looking for a one night stand or something

anyways my point is, Arc was REALLY REALLY GOOD

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

If you went this past Friday Kosta, you wouldnt have said that. It was great there. WHen DT is on, that man can not be touched by any one.

hmmmmmm i wonder if i saw you, too bad i dont know what you look like would have helped a lil

anyways i was in the big group dancing by the dj booth........Doubleduece even showed up

I think this is an incredible idea. in two ways.

First drugs aside always thought for drinking tohave ast call and kick everyone out 5 minutes later sucks. Its nice in the city if you are drinking you can get as hammered out as you want and stay until you sober up. Not have to risk drinking and driving. So its a great idea lowers the risk of drinking and drinving.

The other incredible thing is the risk that they are taking. Opening after the bar closes will surely bring in alot of narcs looking for tons of drugs. Im sure while the town may agree to it they will also keep an extremly close eye for what goes on there especially in the first few weeks. I guess its a risk and the staff will make sure to watch things tighter. Im sure they dont want to stay open later just to end up closing forever.