Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NFL and black coaches

alexx

So I was reading sportszone and they had an article about how the cowboys are looking for a new coach....and apperently Jerry Jones has violated the leagues new rules in his search. The league is trying to increase the number of black coaches, and has formed a comitee to make sure that they get a fair chance. So according to the new rules, if there is ever a coaching vacancy in the nfl the owner/gm must interview atleast 1 black coach for the job or he is in viloation of the new rules, and the team will loose draft picks. So Jerry Jones is trying to get Bill Parcells, and he has also spoke to Dennis Green.....but since he only to spoke to Green over the phone, and did not meet with him in person, its a violation, and the cowboys may now loose draft picks......and ofcourse behind all this is Johnny Cochran. Just wondering if anyone else thinks this is really rediculous????

Well, it's called affirmative action.... it's in place so all peoples are given a fair shot and it's not a racial thing....

Hey, Jerry Jones knows the rules. If he knew it was required by the league to interview a black guy, then he should have arranged it. I'm not saying I agree or not with this, but I'm not the rule-maker nor the person doing the hiring.

THE COWBOYS SUCK.:blown:

Lola;)

I dont really see how affirmative action is necessary in the NFL since most of the people involved in the league are non-white. There is not that many good black head coaches out there, and the one that are out there have the job. Look at Tony Dungy as soon as he got fired by Tampa, the Colts picked him up. On another note I dont think any coach black or white can be compared to Bill Parcells, if you are getting Bill Parcells there is no need to interview anyone else. I think these new rules are rediculous :blown:

Originally posted by alexx

I dont really see how affirmative action is necessary in the NFL since most of the people involved in the league are non-white. There is not that many good black head coaches out there, and the one that are out there have the job. Look at Tony Dungy as soon as he got fired by Tampa, the Colts picked him up. On another note I dont think any coach black or white can be compared to Bill Parcells, if you are getting Bill Parcells there is no need to interview anyone else. I think these new rules are rediculous :blown:

Yeah but thats how it goes.... look at the woman fucking with Augusta, Georgia where the Masters is played... I mean, it's a male-exclusive club. Get over it............

Bill Parcells is a good coach... I do agree with that.:eek:

While yes there aren't enough black coaches in the NFL or in NCAA Division 1-A football, this rule that you have to interview at least one black coach for any vacancies is silly. It's nothing but window dressing aimed to please everybody. If I was the owner of a team I'd simply want the most qualified coach available because in sports the only thing that matters is winning. Hell, most owners wouldn't care if their coach was a Martian as long as they win, bring championships and keep the stadiums full of paying fans because it all comes down to that.

Originally posted by homersimpson

While yes there aren't enough black coaches in the NFL or in NCAA Division 1-A football, this rule that you have to interview at least one black coach for any vacancies is silly. It's nothing but window dressing aimed to please everybody. If I was the owner of a team I'd simply want the most qualified coach available because in sports the only thing that matters is winning. Hell, most owners wouldn't care if their coach was a Martian as long as they win, bring championships and keep the stadiums full of paying fans because it all comes down to that.

Yea thats pretty much how it goes in sports I couldn't of said it any better myself. Black, White, Maritan if your good you get the job. As far as window dressing to make everybody happy. Who is it really making happy? If your a black coach getting interviewed for the job, you gotta be thinking, is he interviewing me because he has to, and is really not considering me at all, or is it because im really good and i deserve the job????

as an owner of anything i think i should have the right to go after the people i deem necessary for the success of my company or team.

jerry jones wanted bill parcells to coach his team and it is simple as that so he has all the right to contact him and hire him without interviewing anyone else, why waste time and money interviewing more people when you know what you want & where to get it.

personally i hate it when i'm looking for a job and get called for an interview for a position that i might not have any realistic chance in getting just because i'm a minority and companies are aware of the laws out there regarding affirmative action. its a waste of my time and thiers, although i do see why these laws and regulations exist.

This is the biggist load of shit I have ever heard

You know why Dennis Green was fired and is not a head coach in the NFL?.............Because he sucks that's why.

Why is it such a color issue with every thing? I think it's the media trying to hype it all up.

Originally posted by thehog

This is the biggist load of shit I have ever heard

You know why Dennis Green was fired and is not a head coach in the NFL?.............Because he sucks that's why.

Why is it such a color issue with every thing? I think it's the media trying to hype it all up.

LOL..... you better wake up and smell the coffee dude.... Dennis Green was with Minnesotta Vikings for almost 10 yrs...had only ONE losing season (his last)...barring the string of mishaps that the team endured.....he still would have a non-losing season.

And as to the 'fact' that he sucks....... you know any coach in the team history who had a better winning percentage?...... educate me please, coz it seems I'm missing something here?

Then Again....

just ma opinion....dont make it rite :D