Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Chic Flicks...

dgmodel

Originally posted by perns2002

Another great Chick Flick..........

Fried Green Tomatos and Steel Magnolia's, there old but great movies..................

My list of DVD shopping ideas has grown to 7 possibilities from this thread. Thanks guys...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more to rent.........

Kissing Jessica Stein.................

I don't rent. Could never see the reasoning. I purchase about 3 DVDs per week. Spend $6.00 To rent or spend between $12.00 and $20.00 to buy. It is always nice to have the movie to watch when ever you want. And when you have company it is nice to have a selection right in front of you. I would say last year in total between March and December I rented 1 DVD and purchased close to 100. :D

I love my movies almost as much as I love my music. ;)

Originally posted by elementx

I don't rent. Could never see the reasoning. I purchase about 3 DVDs per week. Spend $6.00 To rent or spend between $12.00 and $20.00 to buy. It is always nice to have the movie to watch when ever you want. And when you have company it is nice to have a selection right in front of you. I would say last year in total between March and December I rented 1 DVD and purchased close to 100. :D

I love my movies almost as much as I love my music. ;)

Sounds like you have anice libary. I pick up the pre-viewed ones all the time.

Sounds like you have anice libary. I pick up the pre-viewed ones all the time.

Of course. I always please my guests. As well as myself on the lonely boring nights. Which have been plenty these past few months. :(

And yes the pre-viewed ones as I have stated before are a great bargain. And I had also stated that TARGET always has great sales on DVDs.

Went there last week and picked up 8 DVDs for $70.00 Not to bad.

Fools Rush In

Charlies Angels

A River Runs Through It

Sixth Sense

Crush

Maid To Order

Rudy ( One of my all time favorite sports movies. ) I still get chills at the end of this one.

Wow I just went brain dead. I can't think of the 8th movie. Fuck!!

ha i just saw The sweetest thing this past week.. absolutely hilarious! my friends and i all agreed that the film was about us! :laugh:

sweet november.. good flick although sumwhut depressing. cried at the end.. :blank:

I saw Kate and Leopold last year during xmas and that was really cute, not gushy and somewhat funny. very feel good

but on the whole i am not a huge chick flick fan.. i prefer action films .... i used to yell at my roomate when she brought home chick flicks. there was one.. cant remember the name of it..with Freddie Prinze Jr and the chick from Save the last dance.. (i liked that though) that made me want to :puke:

Originally posted by dgmodel

im a sucker for chic flicks... (you know those sappy, romantic, he said she said, love stories etc...) anyone have any favorites? any recommendations??? Some of my favs are Bounce, Story of Us, Serendipity (although total bullshit), chasing amy, etc... so many cant really think of them off the top of my head...

WTF are you talking about, Chasing Amy is sooo not a chick flick! It's a total hetero male movie if I've ever seen one!

Anyway... Steel Magnolias is great... and I can't believe no one has said Thelma and Louise. There's another movie, I think it's called The Price of Kissing, awesome 20-something urban hipster kinda chick flick...

...that i own on vhs...and i will fuck up the spelling...

Fried Green Tomatoes

Untamed Heart

Shadowlands

Last of the Mohicans

Benny and June

Brahm Stolkham's Dracula

Yentl (dont laugh - it is a love story)

...i'm sure there's more..just cant remember...

i also think of

Love Story

Frankie and Johnnie

...classics...and Chasing Amy is so not a chic flic...not surprised my pinky friend brought that up though...we's toooo much alike...

Originally posted by phatman

...that i own on vhs...and i will fuck up the spelling...

Fried Green Tomatoes

Untamed Heart

Shadowlands

Last of the Mohicans

Benny and June

Brahm Stolkham's Dracula

Yentl (dont laugh - it is a love story)

...i'm sure there's more..just cant remember...

i also think of

Love Story

Frankie and Johnnie

...classics...and Chasing Amy is so not a chic flic...not surprised my pinky friend brought that up though...we's toooo much alike...

Pinky Pals for life! :D:kiss:

BTW, I just got Dracula and Last of the Mohicans on DVD for X-mas... which brings my grand total up to 6... lol

Originally posted by tastyt

Pinky Pals for life! :D:kiss:

BTW, I just got Dracula and Last of the Mohicans on DVD for X-mas... which brings my grand total up to 6... lol

...sweet...

"I will find you...just stay alive...I will find you !" - still love that movie...

...i just got Minority Report and Ice Age (too fuckin cute)...

when I saw the coming attractions for this one movie, i thought it was goin to be a movie bout HOT BITCHES. so when it came out in summer of 2000, i took this girl to see. we noticed alot of males in the theater but after watching the movie it tuned out to be a really good chick fick. the movie is called COYOTE UGLY

Originally posted by phatman

...sweet...

"I will find you...just stay alive...I will find you !" - still love that movie...

...i just got Minority Report and Ice Age (too fuckin cute)...

Ice age was really good. Same with monsters Inc.

How was minority report ? Was thinking about this one.

Originally posted by thehype

when I saw the coming attractions for this one movie, i thought it was goin to be a movie bout HOT BITCHES. so when it came out in summer of 2000, i took this girl to see. we noticed alot of males in the theater but after watching the movie it tuned out to be a really good chick fick. the movie is called COYOTE UGLY

Just saw that flic for the first time the other night at a friends house. Definately a good flic.

Originally posted by nycchic24

but on the whole i am not a huge chick flick fan.. i prefer action films .... i used to yell at my roomate when she brought home chick flicks. there was one.. cant remember the name of it..with Freddie Prinze Jr and the chick from Save the last dance.. (i liked that though) that made me want to :puke:

omg! i know exactly what movie you're talking about but i can't remember the name... it really was the biggest piece of shit i've ever seen... :puke:

minority report, although not a chick flick, is an awesome movie...

monsters inc. is sooo cute

i just recently bought 40 fays and 40 nights... kinda cheesy but i liked it... and him being so freakin hot doesn't hurt... :drunk:

as for reading the book that 'A Walk to Remember' is based on, i haven't yet, but the author, Nicolas Sparks is amazing...

if anyone is ever in the mood for a romantic book buy 'The Notebook' ... it's incredible... :love2:

speaking of good books, i just recently read, 'Good in Bed' and i devoured it... it's not corny at all, but extremely well written and just so good... you guys should def. check it out... :)

Originally posted by nycchic24

that was Down to You...really bad movie :blown:

One more to rent.........

Kissing Jessica Stein.................

That is one I've been wanting to see...

My favorites include:

When Harry Met Sally

Beaches

Mad Love

Sixteen Candles

10 Things I Hate About You

Serendipity

The Sweetest Thing...my new FAVORITE movie, bought it previously viewed...lol....another great part is when they're in the dressing room and the girl is shaking her arm flab and like "WHAT IS THAT?" :laugh:

Originally posted by dgmodel

meet joe black??? isnt that the devil movie with brad pitt???

He's Death, not the Devil. It's a remake of the classic film Death takes a Holiday (which I haven't seen but is supposed to be excellent). Although Brad looked scrumptiously divine in the film, I didn't think it made up for the horrendously boring storyline.