Clubplanet Nightlife Community

POWDER: NYE Big Disappointment.

Other than hearing the amazing Pete Tong spin, anyone else feel that not one of the items listed on the invite POWDER actualy was true? Multiple rooms? No Line? Huge Balloon and confetti drop!? Plenty of restrooms???!!

And worst of all, we had to pay extra for coat check!!!!

RIP OFF!!

BUT TONG WAS DOPE!!

I totally agree! I was told that there wouldn't be any lines or overcrowding, so I and seven other people purchased VIP tickets and were completely ripped off!!! Not only was there a line from here to Atlanta, but our table was NOT reserved, which is what we paid for, and it was so overcrowed that we could barely breathe! Plus, the music sucked and the New Year's countdown was a total dud! We'll never go back there!

22 of my close friends had the VIP booth next to PETE TONG. WE got RIPPED OFF. They wouldnt let me leave because the stupid waitress said we owed her $1,000 in gratuity when we already PRE PAID IT. Some idiot in a cream suit ( his name was FRANKIE) was trying to serve us like a good little bitch getting us drinks and stuff, but it didnt erase the HORRIBLE STAFF, BOUNCERS, AND FALSE ADVERTISING OF THE PARTY. VIP floor? YEAH RIGHT! they let ANYONE up there after an hour the party started. VIP black light stamps on your hands for TOP FLOOR ACCESS for the booth you paid for?? YEAH RIGHT! MAny people had to get RE STAMPED because Stupid powder management forgot to put ink in the stamps.

WHERE THE HELL WAS THE CONFETTI? Not that I care, but that is false advertising. Stupid coat room people. MY party lost 3 LEATHER JACKETS because they couldn't find ours! BULL $h!T. I call Powder for the past 2 days to get my jackets. What do ya know.. Some Girl name EVE says that Powder will get them back. Today, a new girl answers and says the club is locked up until the END OF JANUARY due to a change of the WHOLE management due to insufficient funding. What a way to start the new year for a supposedly banging club. Lies or no lies, Powder sucks, management is inexperienced, and the place reminds me of being food poisoned. Pete Tong was ok but not all that he was hyped to be. Who else thought Powder should be renamed Whore because it SUCKED?

POWDER sucked big time. We paid 200 bucks to share our seat with 10 other people. The club management blamed the promoters. The promoters blamed everyone else. The guys in a creamed colored suit was I think "Randy". He was too cool to have any problems solved for anyone. These people should be banned from ripping people off. They clearly oversold the event. We should all file a complaint with the NYS A.G. office. was this Fraud or what??

I am getting the cell number of that too cool cream suit guy Frankie that was walking around during the night ( promoter or mgt guy?) My problem is that I bought my tickets through a ticket seller, but I would still like to get some type of justice out of this. Thank you all in advance to those helping to put a stop to this nonsense of a club operation.

P.S. Is it true that their management has just ben changed in the past two days and they locked down the club throughout January? Thats what some girl told me on the phone today when I called Powder.I hope she is not lying. If not, please let me know what is going on at this club! I want me jackets back ( I know they are a lost cause). Oh did I tell you all that the big ass bouncers would not let me leave to even get my friends from my shuttle to pay that stupid waitress? Isn't that illegal? You can't hold someone against their own will for ANYTHING. That technically is called kidnapping. Oh well

The guy held you against your will to pay something? Thats called robbery. File a complaint. This whole thing was a big sham. I am collecting names of people who got ripped off and thinking about a massive complaint seeking restitution. Thanks to Club Planet for doing what they can. Unfortunately I bought tickets through a promoter directly and intend to challenge the charge on my credit card. I think the guy u r talking about is Randy not Frankie.

Originally posted by sippy

powder really did suck......way too crowded, couldn't get a drink, needed an oxygen tank to breathe!! Tong sucked, however, the first DJ that was on was insane, he blew everybody else away!!!

I think that was my Alex!!! :D Realllllly miss hearing him spin - and I wouldn't be the least surprised if he was indeed there and rockin' it :tongue:

:mad: Powder was a complete mess on NYE! I waited on line for 60 minutes exactly and then at least 30 at the bar. Dress code was fashionable so I bought expensive gear and ended up getting in all messed up thanks to the huge crowd of people constantly bumping into me and spilling drinks all over the place. You couldn't even move a buttcheak in the place! Once you got to the bar you had to order 4 drinks for yourself cause if you wanted to come back you would have to wait 30 more minutes. The club itself was nice and it might actually be good on a normal night but on NYE it was wayyyyy too packed and poorly managed. The music was good but could have used more variety. Overall I could have had more fun somewhere else but then again it beat staying home!

Was at Powder on new years and was disappointed!! I paided 200 for vip and was not treated like a vip. First off the place was overbooked. I had a table that was rerseved for 8 people. I get there and there all sorts of problems at the door on were im sitting. I finally get in and they tell us if we squeeze in with 4 other people that are already at my table they will through us an extra bottle of vodka..OH BOY ..big deal at that point i really didnt have a choice. Open bar please forget it ..it was more like closed bar because buy the time you would get a drink it would be closed. I went there pretty much to see pete tong he was ok. compared to seeing him in ibiza this summer there was no comparision he was off the hook at space. Anyway the other dj's i was impressed with. After tong went off however the dj was set it off !! I paided for vip and its almost as crowded as the dance floor cuz there letting all sorts of random people in that padied less. When i pay for something i want results. I probably would of been better off paying the 125 and i would of gotten in to vip anyway. Then what topped it off they try to booth us out are table around 2am saying the have to set up for the next wave and if we want to stay we have to purchase a bottle of the list which was 200 bucks min. A half hour later we were sitting back there anyway. The club itself was nice. The promoters had no clue what they were doing!! One last thing they dubbed this as the official MTV afterparty PLEASE.......I saw one girl dressed up in PJ's that was the extent of anyone from mtv being there..

PEACE EVERYONE...

:hat: merllen