Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I know this is early but.......

I will be going to New York for my first time on the 17th-20th. I am going with some friends that already has been there, but want to know if any of you guys know what is going on for that weekend. I like techno/house/trance music. I am sure I will love New York, me being a city girl and all, so I am excited. Thanks in advance.

arc, centro-fly, powder....for the clubs

make sure you eat in little italy....shop in soho.....hit bars in the east village and the lower eastside if you do not want to do the club thing....get a cupcake at magnolias bakery in the west village....walk down canal street in china town....walk through central park if it snows......take a look at times square.....walk by the world trade center even thought it basically a construction site and while you are down there catch a glimpse of the statue of liberty in battery park.....may check out the met and guggenheim (spell?) in the upper east side.....

at least...if i was coming to new york for the weekend i would want to do these things...

Originally posted by underwater

arc, centro-fly, powder....for the clubs

make sure you eat in little italy....shop in soho.....hit bars in the east village and the lower eastside if you do not want to do the club thing....get a cupcake at magnolias bakery in the west village....walk down canal street in china town....walk through central park if it snows......take a look at times square.....walk by the world trade center even thought it basically a construction site and while you are down there catch a glimpse of the statue of liberty in battery park.....may check out the met and guggenheim (spell?) in the upper east side.....

at least...if i was coming to new york for the weekend i would want to do these things...

thanks I will try and accomplish most of these, thats if I am not too cracked out from partying...lol! No really I am going to do as much as I can in 3 days.

oh and is anyone going to this? Seems too raver for me, but my friends want to check it out.

"I HAVE A DREAM 5"

January 19th (Sunday)

by Stuck On Earth

Info Provided by: www.RAVECLiCK.com

LINE UP:

MAIN ROOM:

SAEED AND PALASH

DONALD GLAUDE & CHARLES FEELGOOD

UBERZONE - Live Performance

SUPER JANE Feat. Collete & Dayhota

DIESELBOY- W/ MC J-Messinian

DJ X-DREAM

PLEASUREHEAD

DRUM-N-BASS ROOM:

UNIVERSAL PROJECT - 1st NYC Appearance

Db vs. Dara

Odi vs. Kazpal

Empress

Kech Vs. IXL

Garon vs Link

Woogie

mc's for the night - Mc Posi D-G-fore, Mc Tc Izlam- Zulu Nation-NYC

HIP HOP & HOUSE LOUNGE:

Joeski & Onoinz

JEvil Dee & Butta L

Chris Love, Billy Belmont & The lovely Miss. KC

LOCATION: @ Roxy Nightclub- west 18th st. btwn 10&11 ave. NYC

Subway-8th ave line-A E C 14th st & 8th ave. station

Plenty of parking in garages and the local streets.

Info:DOORS OPEN @ 8 PM. - 18 AND OVER -MUST HAVE PHOTO ID!!!

FULL CASH BAR FOR THOSE 21 & OVER

Originally posted by lilliz77

thanks I will try and accomplish most of these, thats if I am not too cracked out from partying...lol! No really I am going to do as much as I can in 3 days.

its only three days....so who needs sleep?....it very overated anyway....some people have been talking up that party....but i would not know....i would stick with going to bars in the lower east side....then hit a club around 3 am....you can't go wrong...stay away from anything about 25th street as far as bars go.....bring your own party supplies if you can....its hard to get hooked up with quality gear in NY sometimes....

oh and is anyone going to this? Seems too raver for me, but my friends want to check it out.

"I HAVE A DREAM 5"

January 19th (Sunday)

by Stuck On Earth

LINE UP:

MAIN ROOM:

SAEED AND PALASH

DJ X-DREAM

PLEASUREHEAD

DRUM-N-BASS ROOM:

Db vs. Dara

Odi vs. Kazpal

Empress

Kech Vs. IXL

Garon vs Link

Woogie

HIP HOP & HOUSE LOUNGE:

Joeski & Onoinz

JEvil Dee & Butta L

That party will be off the hook.

And it is a rave.

Us ravers need to get away from the clubbers any time we can, it keeps us sane.

Originally posted by underwater

bring your own party supplies if you can....its hard to get hooked up with quality gear in NY sometimes....

gotcha ;) Let's just hope I have recooperated from this past week/end by that time, I don't think I have partied like this since WMC in miami last year.

"I HAVE A DREAM 5"

January 19th (Sunday)

by Stuck On Earth

LINE UP:

MAIN ROOM:

SAEED AND PALASH

DJ X-DREAM

PLEASUREHEAD

DRUM-N-BASS ROOM:

Db vs. Dara

Odi vs. Kazpal

Empress

Kech Vs. IXL

Garon vs Link

Woogie

HIP HOP & HOUSE LOUNGE:

Joeski & Onoinz

JEvil Dee & Butta L

i cringe every time i hear the "r" word. it's used very loosely as if to represent something negative and dirty. trust me lilliz77, we strive for neither. roxy is a great venue, and we're offering great talent. plain and simple. depending on our venue, we like to consider ourselves electronic music event/concert promoters. in any case, it should be a great night of great music. see everyone there.

"I HAVE A DREAM 5"

January 19th (Sunday)

by Stuck On Earth

LINE UP:

MAIN ROOM:

SAEED AND PALASH

DJ X-DREAM

PLEASUREHEAD

DRUM-N-BASS ROOM:

Db vs. Dara

Odi vs. Kazpal

Empress

Kech Vs. IXL

Garon vs Link

Woogie

HIP HOP & HOUSE LOUNGE:

Joeski & Onoinz

JEvil Dee & Butta L

hey thats the email I sent out to my emailing list :D

You should definetely go... its gonna be Amazing! If you need tix go to: www.RAVECLiCK.com/Tickets :D

Originally posted by phatman

..how is that a rave if it's being held at Roxy?...just curious...not being a smart ass...and that is a serious party either way...

Its a RAVE because RAVERS will be there - no negative or positve connotations (sp?)

Yeah there are ravers everywhere, but i think RAVE is a pretty good words to describe where they party - its simple really.

A rave can be at any venue, with any type of music, its more about the attitude of the crowd more than anything.

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

Its a RAVE because RAVERS will be there - no negative or positve connotations (sp?)

Yeah there are ravers everywhere, but i think RAVE is a pretty good words to describe where they party - its simple really.

A rave can be at any venue, with any type of music, its more about the attitude of the crowd more than anything.

Word......

a rave is a rave....if you are not willing to call it like it is, then you are not that proud of what you do.

you need to be yourself

Originally posted by FlipsSOE

i cringe every time i hear the "r" word. it's used very loosely as if to represent something negative and dirty. trust me lilliz77, we strive for neither. roxy is a great venue, and we're offering great talent. plain and simple. depending on our venue, we like to consider ourselves electronic music event/concert promoters. in any case, it should be a great night of great music. see everyone there.

I think thats a very PROMOTER state of mind - you dont want to seem "dirty" because that will bring more pressure/less money your way.

A Rave usally is dirty - deal with it!

people who have never been to a "rave" are turned away many misconceptions of what they've seen on tv or heard from on radio or from friends. to me, a "rave" is just your state of being, nothing more. besides, "raves" and the mere word alone are a thing of the past. i feel people who still use that word either don't know, are just being funny(very common on this board) or are trying to keep the namesake alive(which isn't necesarily that bad of a thing).

people who have never been to a "rave" are turned away many misconceptions of what they've seen on tv or heard from on radio or from friends. to me, a "rave" is just your state of being, nothing more. besides, "raves" and the mere word alone are a thing of the past. i feel people who still use that word either don't know, are just being funny(very common on this board) or are trying to keep the namesake alive(which isn't necesarily that bad of a thing).

OK i kind of agree, but I still think its blasphemous to not call your parties "raves" kind of anti-raverish even.

And of course I agree on point #2 :)

::::on a side note:::: lilliz77 if thats you in your sig and avatar, you are hot

lol. stop being silly Despina :tongue:

;):)

This thread is getting a Bit "OUT OF CONTROL"!!!!

Who CARES what the EVENT is called, whether its a Rave,Party,Event,Festival....the bottom line here is, that its a GATHERiNG where all types of people go to listen to different Electronic Music Genres and dance there asses off :D

yeah, whats the big deal about the word "rave"....i never been to one but if thats peoples things then so be it....the lineup looks great....do people still wear pacifiers in their mouths and carry around stuffed animals?....i always found that a bit wierd...is it gonna be like that or just a bunch of people acting extra friendly....whats gonna be the deal at that party?

::::on a side note:::: lilliz77 if thats you in your sig and avatar, you are hot :eek:

hahah, yep thats me this past Tuesday night at New Years. Thanks for the compliment. Oh and I am not dissing ravers, hey I might have joined the scene later in life but I know how to hang with the best of them, I am just not sure on how to dress though. My best bet is cute jeans and a t-shirt or something. Oh and I only own one pair of gym shoes, the rest are dressy heels or something that always end up hurting my feet after 4 hours of dancing, but I guess thats what New York is for...gotta do some shopping. Me and my crew will certainly be for this event, so hopefully I will bump into some of youz. Hey a single girl can try can't she ;)

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

;):)

This thread is getting a Bit "OUT OF CONTROL"!!!!

Who CARES what the EVENT is called, whether its a Rave,Party,Event,Festival....the bottom line here is, that its a GATHERiNG where all types of people go to listen to different Electronic Music Genres and dance there asses off :D

Yea I agree it did kinda get outta control, but I guess I offended some people when I said it was too raver for me, which was a bad choice of words, sorry. This will be a fun event and I am all for anything fun. Oh and anything else you guys know that is happening let me know. My friend DJ Johnny Chaos is spinning at the Sullivan room on the 17th. You guys should check him out, I will see if he has a guestlist and post it on here.