Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hey how is Estate doing

I went past there over the holidays at about 1 on both a Sat and Fri night and there was nobody out there.

I was showing the church to an old friend who had never been to NYC, and I was like "see that place bro? That used to be the craziest club in the city 10 years ago..."

When he asked me what's up with it now I said I had no idea so I figured I would ask the experts.

BTW since we were strolling past "club memory lane" I drove him down W27 and pointed out Twilo and Tunnel. When he saw Tunnel's building, he was like: "A club? In that shit-ass building?"

People from the outside just don't know!

as of now Estate is temporarily closed down except for there Sunday night party which i hear is doing very well...

supposedly they will be having a re-grand opening in a month or so. Hopefully they will learn from there mistakes when that happens.

Originally posted by az-tec

as of now Estate is temporarily closed down except for there Sunday night party which i hear is doing very well...

supposedly they will be having a re-grand opening in a month or so. Hopefully they will learn from there mistakes when that happens.

Thanks, you can always count on the word from Andy.

BTW, you still talk to Julie? (Jewell44317)

The place is dying. Its only open on Sunday. They tried opening on Friday and Saturday but no one showed. The Limelight has potential to do good, but they need better promoters. The first thing they should do, is keep the name the Limelight. Forget the name Estate or Republic. The next thing Marvisi should do, is get Bob G to promote a Saturday party

Originally posted by danwilson

The place is dying. Its only open on Sunday. They tried opening on Friday and Saturday but no one showed. The Limelight has potential to do good, but they need better promoters. The first thing they should do, is keep the name the Limelight. Forget the name Estate or Republic. The next thing Marvisi should do, is get Bob G to promote a Saturday party

u should change ur name from Dan Wilson to Dick Rider

Originally posted by bassboy

Thanks, you can always count on the word from Andy.

BTW, you still talk to Julie? (Jewell44317)

yea I still talk to her!!:)

she posts only on Naughtybooth now, but I see her all the time.

and Dan, seriously man..I think you should become a promoter, you just know the scene in NYC so damn well, its a disservice to the NYC clubbers for you not too!!!:blank: :blank:

Originally posted by huckleberry

what time does the sunday party start/end?

I believe doors open at 10 PM and it winds down around 7 or 8. It's been unbelieveably packed for most SUndays there...it's a great party, and the clubs beautiful. I wonder why the Friday/Saturday hasn't caught on...I'm not surprised though, gay nights always do great (Exit, Estate, Roxy) while the "straight" nights always seem to be struggling. Why is that?

Originally posted by bleachblond420

the "straight" nights always seem to be struggling. Why is that?

i just feel that the gay community is .. surprise! a community. as a whole, this is really generalizing here, the promoters for these parties seem to know what that community wants and provides it.

it's so obvious, but apparently difficult to attain.

good promoters + responsive clubbers = packed nights.

the straight parties are a mixed bag..

The Sundays are well worth it.....i love it.....its prob the only place i go to, and HUNNY.......im picky....

everyone once inawhile u will see me at BE Yourself" or maybe late after hours at Factory, or Earth............but im telling you.

i love the sunday's @ Church!!!

Music is great. people are great....

and a Surprise is that the Tina is very Down LOW...

prob cause monday is well monday!!

so there not as many Glassed UP Tweaking Bitches running around Having panic attacks, and Crying on the dance floor..

its a nice change......

Originally posted by jaysea

The Sundays are well worth it.....i love it.....its prob the only place i go to, and HUNNY.......im picky....

everyone once inawhile u will see me at BE Yourself" or maybe late after hours at Factory, or Earth............but im telling you.

i love the sunday's @ Church!!!

Music is great. people are great....

and a Surprise is that the Tina is very Down LOW...

prob cause monday is well monday!!

so there not as many Glassed UP Tweaking Bitches running around Having panic attacks, and Crying on the dance floor..

its a nice change......

I've gone once, saw Chad Jack spin...he was off the hook! I had such a good time that night. Only complaint was the HEAT in that club...it was so hot. They need those AC bursts like Junior has at Earth. :eek:

And the dancefloor was so packed you couldn't dance on it which was kinda annoying but hanging out on the balcony dancing my ass off was fun.

Originally posted by bleachblond420

I believe doors open at 10 PM and it winds down around 7 or 8. It's been unbelieveably packed for most SUndays there...it's a great party, and the clubs beautiful. I wonder why the Friday/Saturday hasn't caught on...I'm not surprised though, gay nights always do great (Exit, Estate, Roxy) while the "straight" nights always seem to be struggling. Why is that?

i think gay nights do good for a variety of reasons. first is, gay people party a ridiculous amount, always going out getting messed up. second there's only really one major party per night, roxy sat., exit sunday morning, estate sunday night. also, it doesn't hurt that the estate party is in chelsea