Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My friend's DJ experience at EXIT this weekend

I was going to hit Exit this weekend because my friend was going to be spinning in the White Room from 2-4 on Saturday.

Not only did he have to do his own ticket sales, but the bouncer gave him shit about getting into the club... with his records and all.

On top of that, he starts spinning, and after about 4 records he gets kicked off the tables by one of "Junior's bitches" who had a bouncer with him and didn't spin or get paid. On top of that, he had to do his own promotions and tickets sales and the club would not comp his GF at the door. WTF is going on in that place.

And it's not like this kid sucks, maybe you know him, Sean Tyas, he has done remixes with Moby, etc. and is all over the new X-dream CD and 92.7 -Big Deal, yeah. But that is enough for 2 fucking hours in the White Room at exit.

Happy that I didn't go, and I will never go again.

Originally posted by bassboy

I was going to hit Exit this weekend because my friend was going to be spinning in the White Room from 2-4 on Saturday.

Not only did he have to do his own ticket sales, but the bouncer gave him shit about getting into the club... with his records and all.

On top of that, he starts spinning, and after about 4 records he gets kicked off the tables by one of "Junior's bitches" who had a bouncer with him and didn't spin or get paid. On top of that, he had to do his own promotions and tickets sales and the club would not comp his GF at the door. WTF is going on in that place.

And it's not like this kid sucks, maybe you know him, Sean Tyas, he has done remixes with Moby, etc. and is all over the new X-dream CD and 92.7 -Big Deal, yeah. But that is enough for 2 fucking hours in the White Room at exit.

Happy that I didn't go, and I will never go again.

The guy who kicked him off was Julian or something like that...I agree, he was a total prick and gave me the worst attidtude ever...his mixing sucked and his personality was even worse...and thank god sheldon romero took over at 4:00, not without a little chant on my part...lol..and he wouldnt leave the booth until the bouncer made him!

Originally posted by clubgyrl00

The guy who kicked him off was Julian or something like that...I agree, he was a total prick and gave me the worst attidtude ever...his mixing sucked and his personality was even worse...and thank god sheldon romero took over at 4:00, not without a little chant on my part...lol..and he wouldnt leave the booth until the bouncer made him!

Ok but what kind of shit is this, when the bouncers are enforcing-or- changing the DJ rotation. How can this situation be taken seriously.

So wait a minute? your friend spun and did not get paid , that's not fair...I also met Julian and he gave one his demo but have not heard the cd yet. Later on in the afternoon he called me and left a long as message ....asking about the cd , bla bla bla, but i have not heard yet...

Ok but what kind of shit is this, when the bouncers are enforcing-or- changing the DJ rotation. How can this situation be taken seriously.

Who was your friend working for?? Actually I think I met him b/c he complained to me of the same problem..his set got pushed to the Red Room and then he only spun for like 25 minutes right so that his brother could spin too? I dunno...i dont think the sat night party was ran too well and for all of the bull shit i encountered that evening, I dont think i'll be back any time soon.

Originally posted by clubgyrl00

Who was your friend working for?? Actually I think I met him b/c he complained to me of the same problem..his set got pushed to the Red Room and then he only spun for like 25 minutes right so that his brother could spin too? I dunno...i dont think the sat night party was ran too well and for all of the bull shit i encountered that evening, I dont think i'll be back any time soon.

That's the one!

How pissed was he, his little brother said he was livid.

That really is a shame...

Sean is a great DJ with lots of talent. His younger brother Ryan was in my fraternity and I met Sean about 3 years ago now.

Unfortunately right now in NYC there is not a lot of room for up and coming Trance DJ's...the kid has serious talent and should definitely be getting more chances to spin out.

Id book him myself, but I never throw parties with Trance, strictly house.

That is absolutely ridiculous.

Never have I seen or heard as many horror stories then I do at Exit.

That club has such a bad name in the industry its really not funny. Those are perfect examples of how dickish people can be.

Thank God there are some club owners out there that respect the people that work hard to keep the club 'industry' moving forward.

lets clarify here tho--that was on a saturday, granted it was the same management that caused him not to get paid, but it was one of Jr's guys that caused him not to spin

that is seriously fucked...I dunno about the saturday party but i know the friday party is taking measures to not have this happen.

Tell sean to contact me--I throw the Midnight Room party and we have some trance events comin up if he'd like to play at those. And I am the guy who pays the dj's in that room (along with Bob G ) so he def would get paid.

The worst part about some of the staff there is that even if u tell them (as i did last friday) that they are the reason why NY's largest club is hated by so many people they just shrug u off, they dont care. I say fire em all. All those people with that attitude. Im sure throught the tri-state area, there are people who want to be bouncers at NY's largest venue.

Mike Bugout

Originally posted by djmikebugout

lets clarify here tho--that was on a saturday, granted it was the same management that caused him not to get paid, but it was one of Jr's guys that caused him not to spin

that is seriously fucked...I dunno about the saturday party but i know the friday party is taking measures to not have this happen.

Tell sean to contact me--I throw the Midnight Room party and we have some trance events comin up if he'd like to play at those. And I am the guy who pays the dj's in that room (along with Bob G ) so he def would get paid.

The worst part about some of the staff there is that even if u tell them (as i did last friday) that they are the reason why NY's largest club is hated by so many people they just shrug u off, they dont care. I say fire em all. All those people with that attitude. Im sure throught the tri-state area, there are people who want to be bouncers at NY's largest venue.

Mike Bugout

good shit Mike...

if you do have some type of Trance night, hook Sean up, hes the real deal

Hi MikeyBugout,

It's Sean Tyas. I would most definitely be interested in playing at parties that are actually interested in hearing trance as opposed to just filling a couple of rooms with dj's... That is clearly what the previous guy was doing, since after showing up, we find out that the white room was to be occupied by some house-guy up until 4AM!! I don't know if it was unorganization or not, be ridiculous.. for sure.... so at that point the promoter had to squeeze about4-5 djs into the red room, full knowing that one of junior's guys, whatever his name was, was coming in at 2:45,..

I was cool with that, I'm not gonna be a dick at a club I have been to a max of 4 times tops. And the guy wasn't a bad guy, I just can't take house....

So long story short, drop me a line back, curious to see what ya up to....

-sean tyas

Originally posted by djmikebugout

Mike Bugout

This is complete class Mike.

Please let it be known whenever this happens and I will fly up to NY to support this night.

If ever in DC and want a tour of non-public access areas send me a PM or email me at emartinez@pd.state.gov.

Complete class.

This is complete class Mike.

Please let it be known whenever this happens and I will fly up to NY to support this night.

If ever in DC and want a tour of non-public access areas send me a PM or email me at emartinez@pd.state.gov.

Complete class.

thats one hell of an offer! I was just down in the DC/VA area but my friend moved up here now...I went to college at Loyola in Baltimore so I will be back there the weekend of the 24th for the annual alumni event (and the super bowl--god help my liver!)

I'll be in touch tho--Honestly, I didnt want to go back to exit, but Bobby Goodrich is leading the way. And when he offered me a room with basically 'hands off' where i control everything, I couldnt say no. You wanna talk about class, thats a man with class.

and sean I'll be in touch

Mike Bugout

The same thing happened 2 my Friend that was spinning @ Exit in

the white room..They treated him like shit when he was doing

THEM a favor cause he wasn't even getting paid..Mind u he had

spun the whole teen night for them for free bc the other dj's

dicked out last minute..They were prolonging his pay so he was

like forget about it.. He doesnt even do it 2 get paid, its kinda like

his passion I guess.. So anyway, the bouncer wouldnt let any of

his friends into the White room..They had 2 pay him off 1st after

supposingly all his friends were "guarenteed" 2 have no problem..

Then some loser was complaining that he wanted 2 go on early so

he brought a bouncer with him also 2 kick my friend off cause he

was jealous that he was ripping up the dance floor LoL.. Yeah its

very true, every1 does spin at Exit, but it doesnt mean they gotta

be treated like shit..SO yeah, thats just another reason why i lost

all respect 4 Exit, or @ least some of the pricks that work there..

Now ill only go maybe if Oakenfeld's spinning =/ Well sorry

your friend got dicked over :(

<3