Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Unspoken rule.........(truth or myth) ?

magellanmax

I have been wondering, I dont know if anyone here has experienced this...but I sure would like to hear your take on this. Just like we know, your best friends'/friend, brother/sisters', cousin or any family members' ex (unless you live in WV) is a definite NO NO :nono: in terms of dating..

What would you do if you found out that your close friend was talking to your ex behind your back? Or worse, your present gal/boy friend still communicates with their ex. Do you confront them? ignore the issue or just flat out cut them off from your life?

Shouldnt there/or not be honor among friends regarding exes'?

Just curious..... :confused:

Originally posted by nympho69

well i would never date any of my friends' exes

however if one of my friends wants to date an ex of mine it wouldnt bother me

does that make any sense?

What ever floats your boat...

But for the other question by Mag... I don't see anything wrong with someone talking to there Ex as long as they were talking before your relatioship started. I still have a pretty good friendship with my ex. And her boyfriend knows about it and is all fine about it.

The only difference is that she has a son and I was in that kids life from when he was 16 Months till he was almost 5 years old. So I do call alot to check up on him and I will pick him up on occasion for a " Guys day out " and Moms rest day. I know it may not sound right because I am not the kids father. But his father is a deadbeat. And I was the closest thing he had. So we didnt think it was right to cut him off.

Originally posted by nympho69

well i would never date any of my friends' exes

however if one of my friends wants to date an ex of mine it wouldnt bother me

does that make any sense?

No baby, it doesnt make any sense..... Ofcoz there wuz something bad or 'uncomfortable' that happened that made you both an "ex". How can you be so naive to let one of your 'friends' date your ex? Dont you worry or think that they may be talking/judging you? Hell, you may be lucky if your 'friend' still talks to you two months into their realtionship. Think of all the things being said, dont you worry 'bout that?... what happened to friends sticking together?.. dont you think its a form of betrayal?.......in that he/she thinks you were a loser to dump the other?

Then Again....

just ma opinion...dont make it rite :D

Originally posted by magellanmax

No baby, it doesnt make any sense..... Ofcoz there wuz something bad or 'uncomfortable' that happened that made you both an "ex". How can you be so naive to let one of your 'friends' date your ex? Dont you worry or think that they may be talking/judging you? Hell, you may be lucky if your 'friend' still talks to you two months into their realtionship. Think of all the things being said, dont you worry 'bout that?... what happened to friends sticking together?.. dont you think its a form of betrayal?.......in that he/she thinks you were a loser to dump the other?

~~a close friend of mine is dating my ex of 3.5 yrs. and what we do is sorta gang up on him when we r all together.....we start talking about his negative qualities....:tongue: the problem is now he doesnt want her talking to me b/c i know he is treating her like an asshole and that he told me he still wants to be with me and he is afraid i will tell her that...the thing is if i tell her he'll def convince that im just tryng to break up their relationship b/c im jealous (he is VERY manipulative!) so i just stay away....so basically the point to all this that u should stay away from exes of friends and keep them away from urs!!!!

Originally posted by dknybabe2929

Mags - that is wrong wrong wrong...bitchslap em till they bleed :tongue:

:rofl: ...omg Dk....you really dont take no prisoners hun, do you?...lol but in any case, short of gettin physical, I'm sure you dont think its Ok, my thoughts exactly.. As far as elementx is concerned, his situation is a little different. He knew the baby for a while (since the teeny weeny years). Thats for so Ok IMO. You would be deemed a jerk if you forgot the kid. But you gotta understand that, if the two dated AND had a baby together but couldnt stay together, then its rational to think they did exhaust all possibilities to stay together. Nothing wrong with that, its just wasnt meant to be, and I'm sure he's glad to have you in his babys' life. Takes alot of Man to love another mans' seed.

Then Again....

just ma opinion....dont make it rite :D

Originally posted by sexxyh

~~a close friend of mine is dating my ex of 3.5 yrs. and what we do is sorta gang up on him when we r all together.....we start talking about his negative qualities....:tongue: the problem is now he doesnt want her talking to me b/c i know he is treating her like an asshole and that he told me he still wants to be with me and he is afraid i will tell her that...the thing is if i tell her he'll def convince that im just tryng to break up their relationship b/c im jealous (he is VERY manipulative!) so i just stay away....so basically the point to all this that u should stay away from exes of friends and keep them away from urs!!!!

Hell, if I was in your shoes hun, I would do the same. I think past relationships should be treated just that way,....PAST. Forget it and move on. As for your friend....I dont know how close you two are...but if she's a dear to you....my opinion is, dont let her find out the hard way. You owe her atleast that much, dont you think?

Then Again....

Hell, if I was in your shoes hun, I would do the same. I think past relationships should be treated just that way,....PAST. Forget it and move on. As for your friend....I dont know how close you two are...but if she's a dear to you....my opinion is, dont let her find out the hard way. You owe her atleast that much, dont you think?

~~he will twist my words around...i know him too well....and there is a little twist...when me and her got into a fight i purposefuly did something with him and he was even gonna break up with her for me but i dont want him back .....so he went and told her im trying to steal him back...and she really doesnt know what to believe...its a horrible situation and i think things are better left unsaid

~~he will twist my words around...i know him too well....and there is a little twist...when me and her got into a fight i purposefuly did something with him and he was even gonna break up with her for me but i dont want him back .....so he went and told her im trying to steal him back...and she really doesnt know what to believe...its a horrible situation and i think things are better left unsaid

I'm gonna go out on a limb here hun and hope!!......BUT please, tell me you didnt give him sum nookie :eek: :eek: ..Did you? You dropped your ace card hun if you did !! You got the tables turned on ya azz hun.....aaawww.... !! LOL

I'm gonna go out on a limb here hun and hope!!......BUT please, tell me you didnt give him sum nookie :eek: :eek: ..Did you? You dropped your ace card hun if you did !! You got the tables turned on ya azz hun.....aaawww.... !! LOL

~~no nookie!!!1 i told him i wouldn't unless he would break up with her and he was about to do it.............i still hold all the cards...i can come to him at any given moment and say that i truly want him back and he'll actually consider it....thats why i dont think he shoud be with her.....i know how much he cheats on her and how he lies to her and all that bs.......:blown:

Originally posted by underwater

i think a decent person would give you the respect...but reality is every man for himself....

this is so true, i saw alot of friends (and myself) get fucked by friends because they are thinking with the wrong head.

there is a saying though---bro's before hoe's. thats how it should be

and girls dont get offended by the hoes, its just that nothing else rhymed--sorry:(

~~no nookie!!!1 i told him i wouldn't unless he would break up with her and he was about to do it.............i still hold all the cards...i can come to him at any given moment and say that i truly want him back and he'll actually consider it....thats why i dont think he shoud be with her.....i know how much he cheats on her and how he lies to her and all that bs.......:blown:

You still love his ass?...... And, does he still luvs ya ass like day# 1? I got a feelin you two got sum unfinished bizness.... Am I wrong to think this?

Originally posted by incredulous

this is so true, i saw alot of friends (and myself) get fucked by friends because they are thinking with the wrong head.

there is a saying though---bro's before hoe's. thats how it should be

(

Its weird, but me and the boys always said this.... Its been true so far.... save for one of the boys..... what a friggin shame. !!

My all time fav special.... "Galfriends come and go, but friends are forever".. But I'm sure the gals have something similar.... Would give a $ to know what they say...... anyone?

You still love his ass?...... And, does he still luvs ya ass like day# 1? I got a feelin you two got sum unfinished bizness.... Am I wrong to think this?

~~i was the one who broke up with him and honestly i do not have any feelings for him anymore...believe me i tried to convince myself i do but i dont.....he is a horrible person with many issues that i thankfully realized he has and got rid of him.......i dunno if he loves me as much as day 1.....but i know he still does......right now we r fighting but when we arent he tells me that a lot...that no matter what he still loves me and always will....i think he has a case of virginitis i was his first....the thing is he was my first too but i couldn't care less:confused:

~~i was the one who broke up with him and honestly i do not have any feelings for him anymore...believe me i tried to convince myself i do but i dont.....he is a horrible person with many issues that i thankfully realized he has and got rid of him.......i dunno if he loves me as much as day 1.....but i know he still does......right now we r fighting but when we arent he tells me that a lot...that no matter what he still loves me and always will....i think he has a case of virginitis i was his first....the thing is he was my first too but i couldn't care less:confused:

First luvs are never easy to break from hun. I dont envy you just about now. But thats what life is all 'bout, you gotta ride it to experience it. For everyones sake, hope he broke lose,..... or you too. Coz you will both haunt yaselves for a long time. Kinda different from the first time ya met,...doesnt it?..LOL:D Get used to it....luv is weird, ugly and beauuuuutiful !! at the same time. Doesnt make sense....

Then Again.....

I have been wondering, I dont know if anyone here has experienced this...but I sure would like to hear your take on this. Just like we know, your best friends'/friend, brother/sisters', cousin or any family members' ex (unless you live in WV) is a definite NO NO :nono: in terms of dating..

What would you do if you found out that your close friend was talking to your ex behind your back? Or worse, your present gal/boy friend still communicates with their ex. Do you confront them? ignore the issue or just flat out cut them off from your life?

thats correct... i would never... and if i found out one of my boys were or are... id drop a brick on their head...

mmmm well is a hard situation but i think u shoukld sacrify ur self a little for example go away from ur friend and from him dont tak to him dont answere his calls , avoid him , it would be so hard to him to change ur words if he dosnt have any idea were are u ...

beside talk to ur friend and tell her u want to stop seing bouth of them because u dont want to be involv in this situation maybe ur friend will understand is u who are saying the truth .....

My friends' ex's are not off limits...this has gone on before, as long as i speak with my friend first about it, then its ok. if i had a bf and he was speaking to his ex behind my back, i'd be mad, but if he told me, i wouldnt be happy but its his choice if he wants to do so. if one of my close friends was talking to one of my ex's behind my back, i'd be furious, if theyd talk to me first, then i wouldnt be mad as long as i still didnt have feelings for my ex. maybe its just me, but as long as it didnt seem like they werent hiding something from me, i'd be okay with it.

Originally posted by tastey

that whole rule just SCREAMS "insecurity"

just a thought...

Ok, maybe its just a thought, but you gotta admit, you are being irrational. How does insecurity play a role here? Correct me here if I'm wrong.

1: You already broke up and you are moving on with your life.

2: You didnt initiate the contact.

3: As far as you or me are concerned, friends stick together thru thick and thin.

Is asking for a little support from your friends asking for too much? And in any case, if your friend can have the audacity to talk to your ex behind your back means the s.o.b had the hots for her/him even when you two were goin out together. Thats wrong, either way you look at it or color it, its just plain wrong. If you think talking to your best friends ex behind his/her back is an innocent gesture.....I suggest you reconsider your definition of a 'friend'.

Then Again.....

I'm surprised not many feel its wrong to dis your boy/gal.... has the world been reduced to this kinda mediocrity? God, I hope not . Life is more than just selfish needs...speak up...!! But if your gal/boy or friend is reading this and you are holding back ya comments....its Ok, we understand... choose your friends wisely...LOL, life's a bitch, no way around it.....just work it !!:D

Then Again.....