Clubplanet Nightlife Community

is it just me or (attn: Arc fans)

alpha

Originally posted by reddog4063

wonderful.

i hope not to see you there this weekend.

peace.

Look, I didnt mean it like that. ..

I just grew up in an all anglo-christian family in Atlanta. ..we did things differently, and I think that if the majority of the straight crowd likes the music, then people who rather play with each other's dongs should MAYBE go elsewhere if it makes us feel nauseous. ..

just my .2

i'm STRAIGHT dood...

so thats moot point to me,

i just think you need to be more tolerant towards others...

what does it bother you what other people do behind closed doors?

NO ONE plays with each other there...I have never seen that, and i have been there 100 times ATLEAST.

whatever.....

Originally posted by alpha

Look, I didnt mean it like that. ..

I just grew up in an all anglo-christian family in Atlanta. ..we did things differently, and I think that if the majority of the straight crowd likes the music, then people who rather play with each other's dongs should MAYBE go elsewhere if it makes us feel nauseous. ..

just my .2

awesome man.....its a perfect shot! you don't mind if i use it for a bit? I change the picture every two or three weeks anyways...

it is classic though...seeing as how we're coming up on the 2 year anniversary of its closing.

has it been that long already?

Joe

Originally posted by az-tec

btw..reddog...I took that pic in your sig...lol

I have heard that ARC has a very young raver type crowd like the kind that hangs out in the mall in the food court or in the arcade. I don';t if that's true or not, but I am stating this second hand. I am 30 and surely don';t want to be around a crowd that is predominantly 7 - 12 yers younder than me tat are dressed in their 30 in. JNCO's...

Nothing personal... just not my type of crowd or vibe.

Originally posted by pyrrosdimas

I have heard that ARC has a very young raver type crowd like the kind that hangs out in the mall in the food court or in the arcade. I don';t if that's true or not, but I am stating this second hand. I am 30 and surely don';t want to be around a crowd that is predominantly 7 - 12 yers younder than me tat are dressed in their 30 in. JNCO's...

Nothing personal... just not my type of crowd or vibe.

How can you comment on a club you've never even been to and experienced? Yeah, your friend said blah blah blah, but honestly now, think about it...

Originally posted by pyrrosdimas

Then you tell me. What are the ages apprx. of those that go to ARC? How do the people that go to ARC dress? Enlighten me please...

It's really not relevant to my point, but since you asked...

The crowd's not THAT young or raverish... I couldn't really give an age range, but I'm 27 and I don't find myself looking around thinking "holy shit I'm surrounded by a bunch of babies!" like I have in some other clubs... and even though it's 18+ it doesn't feel any younger than Sound Factory has the few times I was there. Dress= be yourself, which used to mean dress down but is turning into more of a fashion show as time progresses... The vibe varies from party to party, but on NYE all you could see were a sea of smiling faces on people dancing as though it were the last night on earth.

Cool. Thanks for the reply. I was trying to diss ARC (how could I, I have never been there). I was just curious. My 25 year old bro lives way d-town, but he can only afford to go out once or twice a month and he hasn't been to ARC in a long time. He has other mainstays.

A friend of mine from Denver had heard many good things about ARC (he went there because of the palce itself) and didn't like it all. This was a couple of months ago on a Friday and he doesn't know any of the details such as of who was spinning etc, etc, etc...

Ill check it out next time i'm up there

No problem... if it was a Friday night, Danny Tenaglia was probably spinning... he's an amazing dj but the crowd has been going downhill for quite some time now. The Sat night parties are usually better. Also, I have no idea what parties are like out in Denver, maybe your friend's opinion was based partly on culture shock!