Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Radio 1 at WMC 2003 (everyone will love this)

from cooljunkie.com (i couldnt link the page)

First on the list of happenings making the Junkies’ mouths water is Winter Music Conference 2003 (March 18-22). Despite the downturn in dance music last year, we’re predicting a storming WMC with even more huge treats for clubbers with several very big parties planned.

If you haven’t already heard, this year’s Ultra will be the biggest and best yet, with CoolJunkie joining the Ultra team to provide a kickass locals arena. Also look out for the BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix stage as well as the usual trance, progressive, breaks, DnB, and house stages.

We’ll also be partnering again with Radio 1 to bring you a huge daytime party on Friday March 21st. Opium Garden will be the venue for this year’s CoolJunkie / Radio 1 event, and this time round we’ll have our own room, so expect to see the DeckJunkies in action alongside some rather fine DJ’s in the Radio 1 area. As usual we’ll be broadcasting the whole thing live, so it’s your chance to scream to the world.

WOOOOOOOOO HOLLAAAAAAA

nice!

Last yr it was Pete Tong and Robbie Rivera and the doors closed at like 1pm when they opened at 1130...

but that was the opening day party....

this yr its during friday..okay--friday day covered...

now the big question is...WHAT DAY IS THE CLEVLANDER party...when NY & NJ's finest take over the biggest alcoholic hotel in Sobe??

Mike Bugout

Originally posted by djmikebugout

oh maybe i was told wrong--i arrived in SoBe at 2 and called my friend who was in there and he said not to bother comin b/c the doors had been closed

BASTARD!!

i was there till Frankie Knuckles (i think it was him) came on...and the door might as well been closed...that place was STUFFED!!!! it was a great vibe, havent had that vibe here in Miami since 99-2000...

Originally posted by joecrack13

We’ll also be partnering again with Radio 1 to bring you a huge daytime party on Friday March 21st. Opium Garden will be the venue for this year’s CoolJunkie / Radio 1 event, and this time round we’ll have our own room, so expect to see the DeckJunkies in action alongside some rather fine DJ’s in the Radio 1 area. As usual we’ll be broadcasting the whole thing live, so it’s your chance to scream to the world.

WOOOOOOOOO HOLLAAAAAAA

The radio one party last year was the business - phocking brilliant! Probably the best party that went down during the day ---- Robbie Rivera tore the decks up! Whoop-whoop!

Originally posted by sunnyhost

I wish the opening party was @ nikki's again..that's a great place 4 a day event IMO....:cool: OH well...I'm sure they'll have their week full of events just like they did last year!

You are so right .... the NiKki Beach venue was perfect ..... on the first day of Conference ... that venue is ideal for day events ....

The Naked on the Beach Party there was also amazing ... probably the best party during conference ..... I don't know how they'll fit all those people in Opium ...:tongue:

:hat: