Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Need help with cue files

Maybe I need to try another board, but I just thought maybe someone could help here...

Has anyone used Nero Burning ROM 5.5 for burning mp3's to CD, using cue files?

I tried doing it a few times, but got a Write Error at least once, and a buffer underrun error once, and who knows what else. Anyone need frisbees or coasters? :)

It seems like I don't need to use the wizard. I just choose either "Burn Image"; or "Open" then choose the cue file. I have wait a bit, but after a while, a dialog pops up and I can click the "Write" button.

Is there something I'm not doing right?

I've been burning CDrs with cue sheets for over 3 years and always used CDRWin, tried NERO a few times and it never worked.

I think its either a bug or Nero cue sheets are in different format than CRDWin's.

Depends on the operating system. Nero is a bitch to use in Windows 2000. I was never able to successfully get it to work even after patching the program from their website. I'd always get buffer underruns and the burn would immediately fail right after start. I switched to Adaptec ECDC and it works fine. I suggest you follow suit.

Darn, I wish I had known about CDRWin before the Nero demo period expired and I paid to register it. I hadn't thought much about using cue files back then either. I'll check it out though.

Easy CD Creator came with my comp (which is Win 98), and I got sick of it. First it allowed only 650 MB of data to be burned. I also kept on getting this BS message "Unable to use CD writer because it is being used by Easy CD Creator". I read on other boards that the problem still existed in later versions. Maybe it has gotten better since.