Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Groovefire's Final Show @ Pravda - 1/17

groovefire

GLO Promotions has chosen to reformat Pravda’s Friday nights to top 40, hip hop and commercial vocal house. While we respect their decision, we simply cannot, in good conscience, play such music, and are therefore stepping down from our post. Friday, January 17th will be Groovefire DJs Todd Hanna and Phil Jakob's final regular appearance.

Our seven month residency at Pravda has been great. Pravda remains, in my opinion, Boston’s best club, and we are forever thankful to have been a part of it. As much fun as it always was for us, we nonetheless tried to be unselfish with the gig, inviting many great local DJs to spin with us, including:

Matt E. Love

Joe Mama

Taner & Tasty

Andrew Newcombe

Mike Knyte

Randy Deshaises

Ede Armand

Mike Hoska

It was a pleasure playing records with all of you guys, and we hope to rip it up together again soon.

We want to thank everyone who contributed to the nights, GLO, Pravda, its staff (especially Todd M., Dan, Steve, Christina and Jen), all of our promoters, the Boston Globe, the Improper Bostonian, Clubvibes, our friends, family and faithful supporters.

Other than our New York City monthly at Chateau, we’re gonna stray from the residency thing for awhile, focus on production, and just do some area guestspots from time to time. We’re also wholly re-launching our website soon. We’ll keep you all posted as things arise.

House music WILL overcome…someday. Until then, we may struggle a bit, but we do so happily. So, please come party at Pravda with us one last time, Friday, January 17th (one week from this Friday).

Thanks and peace,

The Groovefire Crew

Todd,

I know I only checked you out at Pravda once, but you guys where kick ass! I think Pravda is making a huge mistake, but I respect you guys for sticking with your convictions. Good luck in all your endevours.

Also, are you guys still doing the Home Sunday's at Metropolis? if not how come?

Also, I am considering coming out for your final night. I have a friend coming in from NYC that night so it is purely up to her. Hope to see you there though!

Good luck guys, and hope to see you soon.

JM

I'll be there on the 17th. I'm really looking forward to it, as is my roomate. This news is really disappointing, but such is life I guess. It'll be fun to hear you guys out at different clubs around Boston, keep us posted on any gigs you have in the future (as I'm sure you will).

This time, there's a two martini limit :)

Thanks guys, it would great to party with y'all at Pravda again on the 17th. Hope you can make it.

HOME Sundays is going into hiatus for the time being. Metropolis has been very supportive, but the reality is these have been the worst two months of club attendance in the worst year of club attendance in a very long time. Those who made it out to the night will attest that the HOME concept is really, really dope, and will unquestionably thrive when the timing is right.

Truth be told, I’m glad to step away from these residencies for now. We have a million ideas, and never the time to work on them. Plus, I’d like to attend some shows rather than always working them. The D:Fuse night at Metropolis reminded me how much I missed getting f’d up and dancing. This will be a much needed break.

Thanks for all of the support guys, really.

Todd- I'm so sad that you guys aren't going to have a local residency - I had so much fun partying with you guys & hope you get back spinning in Boston regularly - you guys play great, quality dance music & I can't believe that Pravda/Glo is going to be playing such dogshit now. Their and our loss. :cry:

And nyis don't be such a wuss - you were way too much fun last time :laugh:

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

I'll be there on the 17th. I'm really looking forward to it, as is my roomate. This news is really disappointing, but such is life I guess. It'll be fun to hear you guys out at different clubs around Boston, keep us posted on any gigs you have in the future (as I'm sure you will).

This time, there's a two martini limit :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No, No, No, no 2 martini limit, I really want to see this one again, replay please...;)

Originally posted by groovefire

Oh, forget it ny, excessive drinking is MANDATORY on this night!

All right... you guys asked for it... but don't say I didn't warn ya ;)

Here's a quick flash-back from last time... as we're walking out, my rooamte is talking to some girl. You know the drill, it's the end of the night, the lights pop on, time to get a number or two. So, things are going ok, he's got his phone out, he's trying (key word: trying) to put her number in is phone, and I grab him by the arm and say, "Dude, don't worry about it, she's not even hot.", just loud enough for everyone to hear. (Funny thing is, she actually was cute (if not hot)). He resists, but I keep grabbing him away... apparently a friend of her's was doing the same thing, and we dragged them in different directions, never to see each other again. Ok, he tells the story better than me, but you get the idea.

And to prove karma's a bitch, he cock-blocked me REALLY bad this past Saturday.

I look forward to providing drunken entertainment for the lot of you next Friday. I expect the same from yourselves.

Here's a quick flash-back from last time... as we're walking out, my rooamte is talking to some girl. You know the drill, it's the end of the night, the lights pop on, time to get a number or two. So, things are going ok, he's got his phone out, he's trying (key word: trying) to put her number in is phone, and I grab him by the arm and say, "Dude, don't worry about it, she's not even hot.", just loud enough for everyone to hear. (Funny thing is, she actually was cute (if not hot)). He resists, but I keep grabbing him away... apparently a friend of her's was doing the same thing, and we dragged them in different directions, never to see each other again. Ok, he tells the story better than me, but you get the idea.

I look forward to providing drunken entertainment for the lot of you next Friday. I expect the same from yourselves.

Haha - he was so funny about it too - he kept going on about how he had just me the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen - and nyis goes and screws it all up for him! You desevered what ever he gave back to you for that one!:tongue:

wow! :laugh: remnid me never to go out clubbing with you.

meathead, at wmc, ur on ur own. i dont need u to ruin my mack once i get it going. :D

Originally posted by whadupg

Haha - he was so funny about it too - he kept going on about how he had just me the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen - and nyis goes and screws it all up for him! You desevered what ever he gave back to you for that one!:tongue:

But she wasn't even hot!!!

nychickie, I know you don't mean that :tongue:;)

Originally posted by vicman

meathead, at wmc, ur on ur own. i dont need u to ruin my mack once i get it going. :D

That's what wheelbarrows are for my friend!

I promise you, it is not in my nature to destroy someone's game... it's those damn, dirty martinis... actually, wait, it's those damn clean ones that REALLY do it. Saphire, straight up with a twist please.

I can't wait for ny to get ripped again. I saw him standing right in the middle of Boylston Street afterwards, all alone, cars honking. It's was great!

By the way you guys, ironically, the Improper Bostonian magazine ran a small article and picture of us in its 'Club News' section this month. Check it out. We look very handsome. ;)

Originally posted by groovefire

I can't wait for ny to get ripped again. I saw him standing right in the middle of Boylston Street afterwards, all alone, cars honking. It's was great!

By the way you guys, ironically, the Improper Bostonian magazine ran a small article and picture of us in its 'Club News' section this month. Check it out. We look very handsome. ;)

Nice.. hopefully I was doing my pattented 'Try to hail regular cars you damn well know aren't taxis because you think it's funny' move. That's my favorite thing to do at 2am on Boylston Street... seriously.

Are you as handsome in the Improper Bostonian as I was charming at Pravda that night?

But she wasn't even hot!!!

nychickie, I know you don't mean that :tongue:;)

I'm sorry I was straight, and she wasn't hot. So tell him no crying over spilt milk... Chris cock blocking you this weekend:laugh: , sorry I had to do it;)

Originally posted by prplhz

I'm sorry I was straight, and she wasn't hot. So tell him no crying over spilt milk... Chris cock blocking you this weekend:laugh: , sorry I had to do it;)

Nice... glad to see I didn't ruin his one chance at happiness.

It's ok, it was actually funny how it all happened, and in the end, the cock-block ended up working out in my favor. Now, where'd I put that number??? :tongue:

Yeah but if you wernt straight would she be hot?

Originally posted by kaydup

Yeah but if you wernt straight would she be hot?

No, she really wasn't that cute at all. I think he was sporting some major martini goggles.

If I was into girls and all, I would be into the tall skinny hotties, she was a little short and didn't have that cute of a face. Just my opinion though, everyone is entitled to be attracted to whomever they want to be attracted. :D

No, she really wasn't that cute at all. I think he was sporting some major martini goggles.

If I was into girls and all, I would be into the tall skinny hotties, she was a little short and didn't have that cute of a face. Just my opinion though, everyone is entitled to be attracted to whomever they want to be attracted. :D

:laugh: Nice good answer!!