Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How do you know a trance DJ is Real Good...

nexusgroove

When you have Puff Daddy Dancing and Jamming to your set....

Paul Van DYke, Club Space Dec 27th 2002....

I was chillin at our table when secuirty tell's up to make space for Luis and friend,... then PuffDaddy... thats was funny sh*t, PuFF DANCING TO TRANCE. kodak moment

Peace

Bad news....Puffy is allegedly trying to get a house label...he was rumored to be signing Mr Darren Emerson....not a good sign but hes been going clubbing in Ibiza the past 2 years and now at Space...i dont know but i think he sees business opportunities...could u imagine if u heard "This is the remix" over a PvD beat....WOW i cant believe i just said that but thats how much of a nightmare it is

Why not have the Diddy get into the "Dance Music" biz? Look around...labels are dropping like flys here and in Europe (where it's much more mainstream than it is here). Sales of dnace are lower than they've been in years. P. could actually help the scene. He knows how to promote...he knows how to make money.

I'm no Hip Hop fan, but you can't deny the numbers...

Big DJ mix album sells 100,000 copies

Big Hip Hop album sells 10,000,000 copies

Unless you subscribe to the thoery that once it goes on the radio, it's not worth listening to. I don't.

We're not talking about P doing a trance album with Dr. Dre...we're talking about him taking on Darren Emmerson...why not?

Dade hit it on the head. While us CP folk me revile in the fact that P. Diddy is haunting one of our favorite hangouts, he's probably there in a business capacity too. He sees 3,000+ dancing their asses off to some skinny honkey in the DJ booth, he's probably wondering how he can get a slice of the action....for some reason, I don't think he really cares for trance or house music.

If he starts up a dance music imprint, more power to him. I hope he takes an open stance towards it and considers the new talent, and doesn't just attempt to steal people like PvD and so forth from their current business arrangments.

He does like the music, for the same reason that probably most of you got into it. Dropped a couple hits of E & was in heaven. How could one not be.

He is rumored to be trying to start up a label, & more & more these days hip hop is making it's way into dance/club music. Specifically House , Tech House etc. Over the past couple months there have been numerous house records with Hip Hop / Rap samples thrown in as snippits. Times r changing. All these rapsters are dropping drugs these days & not just sippin on Cristal .. lol

I actually just bought one today with a DMX Sample, Jay J/ What's My Motha Fu#?i'n Name on Siesta, quality tune that works on the floor.

I don't think he is so much wanting to get into for the moeny as he is to be apart of something good. He probably sees Regualr Hip Hop as gettign stale & boring.:cool:

Originally posted by ogmiami

Why not have the Diddy get into the "Dance Music" biz? Look around...labels are dropping like flys here and in Europe (where it's much more mainstream than it is here). Sales of dnace are lower than they've been in years. P. could actually help the scene. He knows how to promote...he knows how to make money.

I'm no Hip Hop fan, but you can't deny the numbers...

Big DJ mix album sells 100,000 copies

Big Hip Hop album sells 10,000,000 copies

Unless you subscribe to the thoery that once it goes on the radio, it's not worth listening to. I don't.

We're not talking about P doing a trance album with Dr. Dre...we're talking about him taking on Darren Emmerson...why not?

deathrow.jpg

GA2:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't see anything wrong with P.Diddy and his "possible" desire to get a label. Dade said it - look at the numbers.

You can't deny he has an ear for good music or talent. I'm not all down with the bling-bling, but look at Notorious BIG (when he was alive), or Mary J Blige... They have pretty good record sells ya know......

More power to it... work it Puffy - but um, keep the guns in the car this time. We have too many silcone titties down here that could possibly get damaged if something were to happen:eek:

Lola:D

Originally posted by kurtisp

more & more these days hip hop is making it's way into dance/club music. Specifically House , Tech House etc. Over the past couple months there have been numerous house records with Hip Hop / Rap samples thrown in as snippits. Times r changing. All these rapsters are dropping drugs these days & not just sippin on Cristal .. lol

backtobasics.jpg

Originally posted by lolahotass

GA2:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't see anything wrong with P.Diddy and his "possible" desire to get a label. Dade said it - look at the numbers.

You can't deny he has an ear for good music or talent. I'm not all down with the bling-bling, but look at Notorious BIG (when he was alive), or Mary J Blige... They have pretty good record sells ya know......

More power to it... work it Puffy - but um, keep the guns in the car this time. We have too many silcone titties down here that could possibly get damaged if something were to happen:eek:

Lola:D

He's got the money, we've got the honey...bring it on! $$$:eek: