Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who is really into name brand clothes? who is not?

I dunno i just ware anything i look good in. When i was younger i really cared allot about it to be honest. But when i see some asshole buying jeans for 150 i laugh. Becuase you can get really nice jeans just like them at the gap for 40bux I dont buy into the hype. lol . ....Not you thehype

Originally posted by notallthere

I dunno i just ware anything i look good in. When i was younger i really cared allot about it to be honest. But when i see some asshole buying jeans for 150 i laugh. Becuase you can get really nice jeans just like them at the gap for 40bux I dont buy into the hype. lol . ....Not you thehype

I buy almost all my clothes from bisou-bisou. Its really expensive, but I dont buy it b/c its expensive, I buy it cuz I really like the style. I also buy their jeans which range from about 88-138 b/c they fit me really well. That doesnt mean if I find a cheap pair I wont buy them though, b/c I do have some jeans that I just happened to come across that were cheap. If it looks good, I'll wear anything

It depends.....

If there's something I really like and it happens to be by a name brand and is really expensive, I'll most likely get it...but I'm not the type of person who needs to have designer EVERYTHING......For example, I find it absolutely ridiculous to go out and buy designer white t-shirts.

I'm sorry but anyone who spends $150 on a D&G white t-shirt, is an idiot :idea:

hey there is no fuckin way i am goin to spend $140 on a pair of Diesal jeans. My levis 505 vintage wash jeans are perfect when i go out and they all coast me $30.

Alot of you guys have seen me out and you seen the way i dress. It don't think it matters how much you spent on your outfit but its how you wear the outfit

As far as jeans go, I but whatever fits. Usually two pairs. I am really short........ If I like something I buy it bascially. I won't but something super cheap though, it will just break. I like spending the extra cash on something a little better made. I think I am a prettty well rounded shopper. I know how to save $ and not spend a fortune and look good...................

as far as diesel, paper denim cloth, or whatever other designer jeans, yes, i buy them cause they look good, are well made, and fit well. i find that levis or gap or any other generic brand of jeans are made poorly and dont fit as well. call me neurotic, but i can tell the difference. of course there are some designer jeans (dolce & gabbana especially) that are just total rip offs when it comes to how theyre made. youre basically just paying for the label. the same holds true for 100 dollar tshirts,$800 prada handbangs made out of nylon and basically anything made by armani.

I shop everywhere, from Mandee to Neiman Marcus. I buy what looks good on me, not what the label says. Imo i'd rather by cheaper close from Express or Macys and save Bloomies and NM for the hand bags or shoes (the things I'll get more then 1 or 2 uses out of). I'd never consider buying a $300 shirt from NM, but I'd also never consider buying a $25 purse from Mandee.

it depends on the material really

you're not going to find a cashmere sweater for 30 bucks...well not own worth owning anyways.

also i like linen and other materials besides cotton, so im willing to pay more for them (i have a $185 john varvatos linen shirt)

then again, its relative to how much money you make as well, to some people 150 bucks isnt that much really.

just imho

Originally posted by incredulous

i try to get whatever fits right, and hopefully doesnt cost alot of $

i love it when i see a guy with his $150 diesel/A/X/D&G shirt walking in to a club. thinks he is the shit with his new shirt, only to find 7 other guys thinking the same thing with the same shirt :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: thats so true...sometimes you see 50 guys in a club with the same shirt on!!

I buy for fit, I'd rather look good than have some fancy label on my ass. Not only that, but I'm gonna be bored with the stuff after I wear it twice anyway, a waste of money. I'll invest in bags, shoes and coats because I get more use out of them.

I cant stand anything with an advertisement. Ill never buy an AX or RL logo belt, or a Tee or sweater with a logo on it. The only logo things I wear is for companies (non fashion ones) that I like, such as my fav tee shirt (West Coast Choppers Tee)

Originally posted by lalaman

I cant stand anything with an advertisement. Ill never buy an AX or RL logo belt, or a Tee or sweater with a logo on it. The only logo things I wear is for companies (non fashion ones) that I like, such as my fav tee shirt (West Coast Choppers Tee)

That's so true... my father used to ask why the hell he would want to pay so much money to give the company free advertising... kinda dumb when you think about it ;)

I admit, I am a label whore. All my jeans right now are either Diesel or D&G, which is why I'm also broke off my ass. However, I am not that stupid to go as far as paying $150 on a Christian Dior tank top that says "Addict" on it, as seen on eluxury.com. If the item is worth it, such as shoes, jacket, coat, jeans, pants, my work clothing such as business suits I will buy it. Also, when I spend that colosal amount of cash, I make sure I absolutly love the item, and that it won't go out of style in about 3 months. That's why my clubbing tops are all either non-designer, or something on sale that I would make good use out of.

Originally posted by notallthere

HI!! Anthony nice to see u on the fashion board, I have posted in here in awhile actually, nice to see you lastnight at joeys:D As you know I have a shopping problem so a I am a big:

LABEL WHORE!!!;):D

I am trying to work on it as you know my problem.

I love labels, I love fashion... I'm probably one of the worst shop-aholic in the world... Anywhere I go, I gotta buy something or else I'm not happy but thats besides the point. I'm in college trying to get my B.A in Fashion Advertising..etc and the one thing I have learn is this:

If you got the money and you want to buy it - then do it but do it because you like it and not because its a brand that people will immediately label you as a rich person. Buy it because it looks and feels good and you can afford to spend that amount of money but don't buy it so you can fit in and be cool. Its not about how much $$$ you spend on that outfit its about being able to pull it off. ;)

I love labels, I love fashion... I'm probably one of the worst shop-aholic in the world... Anywhere I go, I gotta buy something or else I'm not happy but thats besides the point. I'm in college trying to get my B.A in Fashion Advertising..etc and the one thing I have learn is this:

If you got the money and you want to buy it - then do it but do it because you like it and not because its a brand that people will immediately label you as a rich person. Buy it because it looks and feels good and you can afford to spend that amount of money but don't buy it so you can fit in and be cool. Its not about how much $$$ you spend on that outfit its about being able to pull it off. ;)