Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Its official LOLA is closed,

miamiclubber

Its official LOLA is closed,

I hear there are new owners but as of yet I have not identified them, all I have herd is that they are real players who know the club business. Does anyone know any additional information?

To the old LOLA owners/promoters - A BIG THANK YOU, you guys brought us many good times! Should be interesting to see what the new owners do with one of our favorite spaces on the beach

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lola's swapped hands a few times since it's inception...I'm sure it'll reopen and be very similar to the current space. There's only so much you can do with that building. Frankly, it's companion up the street needs to close :)

All good things must come to an end, but lets see what the new owners do. A new decor & a new sound system and that place should rock...that area seems to be hot, Mynt, sky bar, nobo, a rock bar next to Mynt is set to open in a few months. Also I think Madonna is opening a restaurant in the satei by Mynt. also i agree rain should close and do a complete overhaul as well

Originally posted by digital7

Rain had so much potential. I love that location. There's something about that spot that still gives me goose bumps. I'll never forget Groove Jet

We'll all remember the Aquabooty and PMS jams at Lola...lots of great Djs came and went and the vibe there was truly unique at times...I think a change is going to do the place good, as a location it deserves it.

peace

Funk :cool:

I agree that the place certainly had potential. But my opinion is that the only people that actually went to Lola are the people on this board. I've been to Lola a number of times since i moved here in the middle of last year. Most of those times I walked in around midnight to find the place nearly empty. By "nearly empty," I mean two people at the pool table and two people at the bar. And this is with Mono and Chris manning the decks. I've never seen more than 30 people inside that place. I'm not a nightlife business expert, but I think that's nothing short of poor promotion.

Anyway, I'm just happy that PMS is alive and well.

Originally posted by macboy

I agree that the place certainly had potential. But my opinion is that the only people that actually went to Lola are the people on this board. I've been to Lola a number of times since i moved here in the middle of last year. Most of those times I walked in around midnight to find the place nearly empty. By "nearly empty," I mean two people at the pool table and two people at the bar. And this is with Mono and Chris manning the decks. I've never seen more than 30 people inside that place. I'm not a nightlife business expert, but I think that's nothing short of poor promotion.

U r so right Macboy ... those guys Chris and Mono couldn't get 30 people together not even for their funeral ...:laugh:

BTW ... anything u say about them is so accurate ... I guess you can't stand their inevitable success ... :laugh:

Lola went down ever since those guys left in mid October ... a shame they had that moron as manager of such a nice venue ... the guy can't tell the difference between house and cumbia ... :laugh:

:hat:

Hum...I wonder who this "Macboy" character is...:laugh:

obviously someone who knows Chris and Mono very well and holds a grudge for PMS having survived and outlived Lola...isn't it ironic how sometimes things turn out???

1...2...3...cha-cha-cha!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think you've miscostrued my comments. The reason I went to Lola in the first place was because of PMS. I was not being sarcastic in any way. i'm glad they found a new home in Maze and I will definitely be there the next time. My comments were that even guys as talented as Chris and Mono could not fill the place. My point was that the promotion for this place SUCKS. Can anyone really disagree with me? I apologize if anyone thought I was badmouthing PMS. I love PMS.

I think you've miscostrued my comments. The reason I went to Lola in the first place was because of PMS. I was not being sarcastic in any way. i'm glad they found a new home in Maze and I will definitely be there the next time. My comments were that even guys as talented as Chris and Mono could not fill the place. My point was that the promotion for this place SUCKS. Can anyone really disagree with me? I apologize if anyone thought I was badmouthing PMS. I love PMS.

Peace Mac, see ya @ Maze for PMS 01/24/03 :)

I agree, also the place is in a assume location, I think with some beefed up sound, a new décor, and some solid promotion the place could be amazing. There is something about that space that is magical and makes you feel good, I don’t know what it is but if those walls could talk!

Originally posted by miamiclubber

I agree, also the place is in a assume location, I think with some beefed up sound, a new décor, and some solid promotion the place could be amazing. There is something about that space that is magical and makes you feel good, I don’t know what it is but if those walls could talk!

:aright:

The problem I saw was lack of management ... and $$$ to support the place ...

It's a great venue ... but IMHO their success was thru independent parties/promoters ... lets just hope they can find the right match ...

B4 Aquabooty took over Sats ... it was lame ... b4 PMS took over Fridays ... they had ten people showing up ... BDLC had some really good nites ... Thursdays b4 them were on the down hill ... Tuesdays used to be good there with the 1st owners ... it was more a get away on Tuesdays ... have no idea of how they did with Spider -p... but ...

there is plenty of hardworking promoters with great ideas out there ... hopefully they will be trusted ... but most importantly ... supported ...

any hint on who the new owners are ??? ... I wish them all good luck ...

:hat: