Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Which college do u attend?

totallytrance

Originally posted by totallytrance

my b/f (ex) goes to northeastern, im gonna try to get into BU

Just so you know, none of the regulars that post here (that I know of) went to school in Boston. All of us went somewhere around New England (except nycchic!), but not Boston.

BU's a great school, but my best advice is not to go to a college because of someone else that goes there (or near there). That can only end in disaster (I've seen that happen more times than I care to count). Go to BU because it's a good match for you, not because your ex is next door.....

Are you familiar with Boston? If not, I'd highly suggest visiting the area before moving. And come in the winter so you know just how bad it can be! (temps today are in the low 20s!)

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Just so you know, none of the regulars that post here (that I know of) went to school in Boston. All of us went somewhere around New England (except nycchic!), but not Boston.

BU's a great school, but my best advice is not to go to a college because of someone else that goes there (or near there). That can only end in disaster (I've seen that happen more times than I care to count). Go to BU because it's a good match for you, not because your ex is next door.....

Are you familiar with Boston? If not, I'd highly suggest visiting the area before moving. And come in the winter so you know just how bad it can be! (temps today are in the low 20s!)

No worries, I wanted to move to the East coast way before him, I was in boston last november and went all around I like it. I'm applying to schools in NYC and Boston and I grew up in the cold weather in Germany...but what do u guys think about the club scene in Boston, I know Avalon gets some good talent but I've never been there...

No worries, I wanted to move to the East coast way before him, I was in boston last november and went all around I like it. I'm applying to schools in NYC and Boston and I grew up in the cold weather in Germany...but what do u guys think about the club scene in Boston, I know Avalon gets some good talent but I've never been there...

The club scene in Boston right now is pretty strong. Avalon and Axis consistently pull in big names, and the clubs are pretty damn good themselves. By law clubs can only stay open until 2am, which is kind of a drag, but you find ways around it. Plus RISE (the only legal afterhours in Boston) is set to re-open in March which should be big.

There are also other clubs like the Roxy (more cheesy music, crowd goes out to go "clubbing" not for music), Venu which is ok, Pravda - a bit on the more upscale side, Aria - more of an 'international' crowd, and the list goes on. There are also a couple of afterhours spots outside of Boston, but I haven't hit any of them up yet, so I can't comment.

Any other questions? :D

yes...thanks a lot, the clubs are they 18+ or 21+ ?

For the most part they're 19+ on Fridays, 21+ on Saturdays.

The bar scene is really big in Boston. Like it or not, you're gonna get dragged into it at some point! :pint:

You're really willing to give up that nice weather for Boston?! I'm impressed!

• 2 weeks later...