Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DD at the Palace

sandiegino

poo that i didn't see you, sebastianxy :( !

last night was seriously sketchy :shaky: ...

i was really enjoying the opening dj, sol. waaaaaaaaaay kickass :aright: . and deep dish started off really well, i thought. i was really enjoying them, at the beginning, tearing up the floor in a serious way :D . but i got a horrible headache that wouldn't go away, and i just couldn't enjoy the music much or dance, either, after a while. i don't think it remained as good as it started, though i also don't think i was a fair judge. my friends were having an absolute blast.

the palace is just ridiculously, out-of-line, loud :no: . there was no reason for that. i should've listened to my friend ervin, who told me to bring earplugs. and there wasn't really a quiet room in the place. even the smoking area was booming. it sucks so much, because i've missed deep dish the last few times they've been here; i was really looking forward to last night :( .

the sketchiness was about the weird people there... if i tell those stories, i will when i post pictures (if there turn out to be any worth posting).

I went with my girlfriend, we hadn't been out dancing in awhile, and I guess we're pretty spoiled. The selection of tunes was pretty inconsistent; I agree that it started well, they opened up with some banging tracks that got everybody up, but then it fell into this somewhat repetitive groove, beats, pads, vocal, breakdown, beats, then beats, pads, no vocal, breakdown, etc, ad naseum...yawn. The ear-splitting volume and the fact that everyone smoked EVERWHERE, even on the dance floor also left a bit to be desired.

And then there's the crowd; this was the spoiled part I mentioned: I'm used to going to Deep, and Honey, Red, Root Down, places where it is about THE MUSIC. Everyone's in their own world, everyone's dancing and just doing their own thing, feeling it. So, coming from those experiences to one where you're grooving to that one good song out of every three they spin and then you get elbowed by six guys who walk past you and then just stand there in the middle of the dance foor look around for a song or two, then walk off to be replaced by another group, I mean, what the f*%k is that about?

Well, it was fifteen bucks, not thirty, so all in all we tried to keep it positive and did have a good time... just coulda been, well, better. Much better.

In my own humble opinion, of course;)

i have to disagree with alot of you here about the set - DD was awesome!!!!

They were being a little experimental with the set but I LOVED IT!

This will be one of those unforgettable nights for me.

If the sound wasnt so loud, it would have been better though.