Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Doors Live on Jay Leno right now!!!

funketeer

The Doors officially announced that they would reunite for a US tour. The lineup includes a smorgasbord of talent. Original keyboardist Ray Manzarek and guitarist, Robby Krieger, will be joined by vocalist, Ian Astbury (of The Cult), and drummer, Stewart Copeland (The Police), will form the new lineup of the legendary 60's band. The new album, written collectively by the band, will be released in 2003. Manzarek says the new album will be "Doors-like but new." As far as Astbury taking on the burden of filling Morrison's shoes, Manzarek thinks he'll do it without a hitch: "Ian is his own man singing Doors songs. He's got that Shamanic power and sense of danger about him that is so Morrison-esque, without being an imitation of Jim Morrison." The Doors will perform Dec. 8th in Las Vegas as a prelude to unnannounced US tour dates.

:eek: :eek:

It sounded very good! Ian Astbury fits the shoes pretty darn well, better him than someone else, really. If you where into The Cult, then you know what I'm talikng about, Astbury always said he was the reencarnation of Morrisson, now he's all caught in the character and it was pretty chilling to observe, interesting. Stewart Copeland is one of my favorite drummers ever, so I was happy to see him out there again.

After all, it's just entertainment baby! :D

Ian Astbury has a great voice; I am a huge Cult fan.. I’m not too crazy about the idea of the band being called he The Doors, I think that is a legacy that should remain untouched. However the array of talent is great.. I remember seeing Stewart Copeland at Gusman many moons ago, he blew me away. Even remember the music he did for The Equalizer, and stuff. In any case this lineup is certainly talented, so you can’t go wrong.........They will certainly add a much needed, breath of fresh air to rock music as a whole. :cool:

Originally posted by sobeton

Ian Astbury has a great voice; I am a huge Cult fan.. I’m not too crazy about the idea of the band being called he The Doors, I think that is a legacy that should remain untouched. However the array of talent is great.. I remember seeing Stewart Copeland at Gusman many moons ago, he blew me away. Even remember the music he did for The Equalizer, and stuff. In any case this lineup is certainly talented, so you can’t go wrong.........They will certainly add a much needed, breath of fresh air to rock music as a whole. :cool:

I'm just happy it's all being done in good taste, Ian Astbury is a great performer and he does have that shamanistic presence on stage that Morrisson would exploit...I think that if the elements combine well, we are on for a very interesting treat...Ian is absolutely mimetized into the Morrisson character, I'm pro.

Everybody in? The ceremony is about to begin...:D

Originally posted by sobeton

Ian Astbury has a great voice; I am a huge Cult fan.. I’m not too crazy about the idea of the band being called he The Doors, I think that is a legacy that should remain untouched. However the array of talent is great..

I totally agree Tony :) .. especially with Stewart Copeland on drums

There were a few frontmen that had public performances with the original members -- Eddie Vedder (PJ), Mike Stapp (Creed), and that guy from Days of the New. All of them tried too hard to sound like Morrisson and the songs did not breathe fire.

It will be interesting to see if any "new" songs can parallel with the classics.

PS -- Stewart Copeland is the greatest all around drummer.