Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Petition: George Acosta @ Spin

njdionysus

Originally posted by quest4sunrise

I agree, he was fun last night. I dont know what the hell everyone's problem with him is

the problem is mike , that if you look closely , its the house fans that bash cause they are seeing that trance is very much alive & coming back very strong .. :D :D :cool: :cool: for example the moderator georgeacasta2 listens to that slow ass deep deep house that for an encore i think the dj falls asleep :laugh: :laugh: BUT !! we know Lee loves trance deep inside as from what i heard he was one of those shadow lounge freaks(inside info;) ) so you see ?? dont mind what all the bashers say on here .. cause trance is what got them listening to whatever they are listening to today . peace out !!

Bro.

The problem here is that everyones caught up in the House stuff..Dont get me wrong. I love house...but Trance is what started all this Electronic music Hype..trance and breaks. People just forgetting where they came from...It's like matas said.. in one of his last posts..He admits GA is one of the best DJ's... Even though he doesnt like his style much "ANYMORE" <--(Keyword)

Let me speak for all the GA bashing, and try to clarify our antiacosta views.. For 1, he is a very big headed, greedy, egotistical dj... Just watch his attitue while he's spinning!!!! To me, a dj is an entertainer to perform for the people, not for themselves!!!! I ve heard from reliable sources of his negative feelings toward guest dj's having their name too big on the flyer!!!!:mad: What is it to him if someone else who is spinning in the same club has their name 1/4 the size of his name instead of 1/8???? In a final note, i am a house junkie, but it was trance the initially moved me into the dance enthusiast that i have grown to be, and im sure i speak for alot of us.. I remember when i couldnt wait until friday nite to go check out edgar in the notorious blue room at trancemissions!!!! But now with trance's sound being very repetitive and not evolving as much as the genre's around it, my support has somewhat deflated!!!:(

my 2 cents!

except of course for tiesto ;)

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by beatfriek

For 1, he is a very big headed, greedy, egotistical dj... Just watch his attitue while he's spinning!!!! To me, a dj is an entertainer to perform for the people, not for themselves!!!!

I would have to agree here, a DJ friend of mine was telling me about how GA cut into someone's set at Ultra, I think it was Sasha and Digweed? Someone correct me here.......Their set was running over into his time and he just came up and lifted the needles off the turntables. Apparently he did that twice. When I heard that, I was turned off by that kind of attitude. Its not good when fellow DJ's don't have nice things to say about one another or when a DJ forgets the reason he's spinning......

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

I would have to agree here, a DJ friend of mine was telling me about how GA cut into someone's set at Ultra, I think it was Sasha and Digweed? Someone correct me here.......Their set was running over into his time and he just came up and lifted the needles off the turntables. Apparently he did that twice. When I heard that, I was turned off by that kind of attitude. Its not good when fellow DJ's don't have nice things to say about one another or when a DJ forgets the reason he's spinning......

naaaaaaa that is incorrect.. i saw him at ultra & if im not mistaken he came right after van dyke or oakenfold (cant remember right now :D ) but his set at ultra was really kick ass as well .. i have heard from others tho that he is big headed & self centered.. but i really dont care how HE is , as long as he spins great ill go check him out !! not everyone can be a nice guy like edgar v, oscar g, or roland... peace :cool:

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

it wasn't sasha & digweed... it was Hybrid. that was the last time i went to ultra and the last time the event was held on the beach.

Let me speak for all the GA bashing, and try to clarify our antiacosta views.. For 1, he is a very big headed, greedy, egotistical dj... Just watch his attitue while he's spinning!!!! To me, a dj is an entertainer to perform for the people, not for themselves!!!! I ve heard from reliable sources of his negative feelings toward guest dj's having their name too big on the flyer!!!!:mad: What is it to him if someone else who is spinning in the same club has their name 1/4 the size of his name instead of 1/8???? In a final note, i am a house junkie, but it was trance the initially moved me into the dance enthusiast that i have grown to be, and im sure i speak for alot of us.. I remember when i couldnt wait until friday nite to go check out edgar in the notorious blue room at trancemissions!!!! But now with trance's sound being very repetitive and not evolving as much as the genre's around it, my support has somewhat deflated!!!:(

my 2 cents!

except of course for tiesto ;)

Very well stated Greg. I don’t think anyone will deny GA’s talent. however for me the style of trance music, he plays I personally don’t care for any longer. I much prefer the trance style of Tiesto, Marco V., John 'OO' Fleming, Edgar V., PVD, etc. as far as his personality; it really doesn’t effect me in any manner. however how people perceive you, can certaintely be a contributing factor; in your success at any level.. it’s always interesting to watch, how one minute people are bashing GA, and the next minute they singing his praises. Oh well !:confused:;)

his track the reaper is awesome...but

my only convo with him was when he played in NJ one night--I told him he played an amazing set and just asked what record he was rockin now....After i told him i was a DJ his response was, "I dunno, some trance banger"

gee thanks guy--i had no idea it was trance:rolleyes:

that really kinda turned me off but he's nasty when he wants to be

Mike Bugout

Originally posted by djmikebugout

his track the reaper is awesome...but

my only convo with him was when he played in NJ one night--I told him he played an amazing set and just asked what record he was rockin now....After i told him i was a DJ his response was, "I dunno, some trance banger"

gee thanks guy--i had no idea it was trance:rolleyes:

that really kinda turned me off but he's nasty when he wants to be

Mike Bugout

Mike your metro mix shows are tight. keep up the good work bro!:) you spining during WMC ?

Originally posted by koky

:laugh: :laugh: funny thing is .. in my opinion he saved spin .. especially after his set i heard last night & the crowd i saw him bring in .. :eek:

like i wrote in my first post

SPIN? could it be the return of SL.....

nope it's now called (S)SPIN the start of a new venue!!!

apparently for those who hate trance.... don't post ...just post about house music... but if u guys read carefully a good portion of the people who bash trance say the used to listen to trance....

funny isn't it..

Originally posted by bzfbutter1

Bro.

The problem here is that everyones caught up in the House stuff..Dont get me wrong. I love house...but Trance is what started all this Electronic music Hype..trance and breaks. People just forgetting where they came from...It's like matas said.. in one of his last posts..He admits GA is one of the best DJ's... Even though he doesnt like his style much "ANYMORE" <--(Keyword)

So true.House is awesome but what TRANCE made me feel,house never will. ;)

Originally posted by koky

the problem is mike , that if you look closely , its the house fans that bash cause they are seeing that trance is very much alive & coming back very strong .. :D :D :cool: :cool: for example the moderator georgeacasta2 listens to that slow ass deep deep house that for an encore i think the dj falls asleep :laugh: :laugh: BUT !! we know Lee loves trance deep inside as from what i heard he was one of those shadow lounge freaks(inside info;) ) so you see ?? dont mind what all the bashers say on here .. cause trance is what got them listening to whatever they are listening to today . peace out !!

I used to love trance and still appreaciate a good trance track. I'm joking around when I bash trance.

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

I used to love trance and still appreaciate a good trance track. I'm joking around when I bash trance.

NO SHIT LEE !!! IM JUST FUCKING WITH YOU TOO ... YOU SEE ?? NOW YOU FUCKED UP THE DRAMA IN THIS THREAD YOU IDIOT !!

Let me speak for all the GA bashing, and try to clarify our antiacosta views.. For 1, he is a very big headed, greedy, egotistical dj... Just watch his attitue while he's spinning!!!! To me, a dj is an entertainer to perform for the people, not for themselves!!!! I ve heard from reliable sources of his negative feelings toward guest dj's having their name too big on the flyer

I can vouch for this, George Acosta and his management company are egomaniacs! Whatever happened to doing it for the love of music, not just the money? I work in the graphic design industry, last year I was doing some work for an event that George Acosta was headlining. This fucking guy had to have his name a certain size... "GEORGE ACOSTA" had to be in all caps... and they also instructed that I must use an approved typeface (font) to display his name. Are you fucking serious? Who is this guy, Madonna? Please, you're a dj at best! I lost all respect for this guy.

Originally posted by CHRles

Just out of curiosity GA2, did you used to post on the old Shadow Lounge message board?

nah, never did.

Hey dude, I'm looking for a chicane kind of neutral\euphoric sounding comp or album. Can you recomend me any. What I like is the strings chicane uses and the progression. It always sounds like morning er something.