Clubplanet Nightlife Community

gatecrasher @ arc

yes, i went to a trance party. so sue me. it was pretty good - all the brits were out in full swing.... and all the americans brandishing gatecrasher t-shirts pledging their allegiance. the trance was very typical - ferry corsten/pvd style with a hard underbeat but everyone loved it so that made it good. when he got into the swedish techno after 4 and the NRG stuff early on tho - man i was off my face.

OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGG WHat happened last night at was not REAL!!!

At 2:30 on the dot Mat stepped onto the phazon decks..... Mat hardwick~~"I am going to destroy ny !!!! But his plan failed and he took us into heavan. Straight up no fluff cheese Pure raw Trance. WE then hear the announcer ~ WElcome Gatecrashers resident Matt Hardwick He opened up with a hard house song just to drive in the point that he was coming to conquor. AFter he worked in a crap load of new and old choons. My mind is a bit shotty right now but as soon as it calms down I will put up a few tracks I remember. Mat hardwick was nice enough to talk to me for a min b4 his set. This guy is a class of his own. Besides being an amazing performer he is approachable and friendly. He said that ny would be seeing him again . This set tops pvd @ arc without a Doubt! This was actally one of the best sets I have ever heard from any dj.

Originally posted by dialectics

yes, i went to a trance party. so sue me. it was pretty good - all the brits were out in full swing.... and all the americans brandishing gatecrasher t-shirts pledging their allegiance. the trance was very typical - ferry corsten/pvd style with a hard underbeat but everyone loved it so that made it good. when he got into the swedish techno after 4 and the NRG stuff early on tho - man i was off my face.

ARE WE REALLY the only CP members who went to Arc?? It's a shame because I really felt there was a nice vibe happening.

Special thanks to dialectics for schooling me and hanging out..I had a great time! I was more into the dancing later on, but regardless, the music was great and the crowd was as well. Here is the tracklist, stolen from TA, please note : JAN JOHNSTON: CALLING YOUR NAME!! i love that track.

Above & Beyond - Far from in Love (Shane54. vs pink flood remix)

Junkie XL - Breezer

Bedrock - Emerald

Ultra - Metro (mystery remix)

Gouryella - Ligaya (Hiver & Hammer Remix)

Ayu - Connected (Push Remix)

Enya - LOTR (??? remix)(Viframa) - Cristalle (Katana's Intro Mix)

(Sonorous) - Protonic (Ronski Speed Mix)

(Hemstock & Jennings) - Rendezvous (Promo)

(Oceanlab) - Beautiful Together (Signum Remix)

(Midway) - Inca

(Solar Stone) - Solarcoaster (Midway Remix)

(Gtr) - Flood Control

(Sun Decade) - I'm Alone (Micro De Govia Vocal Dub)

(Lolo) - Melody (Original Mix)

(Kid Vicious) - Proceed

(Dj Vic) - In The End

(Armin Van Buuren) - Sunspot (DCML Remix)

(Dream) - Get Over (Flutlicht Vocal Mix)

(Jan Johnston) - Calling Your Name (Neo & Farina Remix)

(D&A vs A.P) - Pure NRG (I heard something similar to this before the guy with the mike came on)

Originally posted by bassboy

Was it crowded? What time did this party close?

Much better turnout than the previous trance nights (j00f and Marco V)

The main floor seemed to be filled until 4 am

Eddie Bang opened, Hardwick came on at 2 and spun til 5, then Bill Patrick took over and went til 7:30.

The arcade seemed to have more people than the main floor in the last hour or so.

hmmmm... i didn't know i was doing any schooling.... nice to meet you sunshine :P

Originally posted by diezel56

it died out 30 minutes into his set. no vibe whatsoever..

it didn't have the "vibe" of a massive trance party, but a semi-intimate session. i thought it was fine - people were friendly and there was no drama and nobody cracked out in the middle of the dancefloor and nobody asking me if i'm rolling. Not noteworthy, not terrible, just an regular average night in nyc. At this point, i'm happy with that... i actually had quite a good time.

Originally posted by pikachu2003

I am the "amazing asian", Thank you Turpentyine. And who are you Pyro264? Mike?

See you guys at Arc, Sat.25th to see DJ Sander Kleinenberg. Feb. 1st DJ Judge Jules:hat:

Peace

My friend Rubin was in the front bye the booth wearing sunglasses and a tight club shirt. He was using the strings. I guess there was more then 1 amazing asain that night. Oh and my name is John:D

last week was my 1st time at arc, so anyone care to tell me what was that back room about by the "bar" ? I went to talk back to scope it out and some guy said i needed a wristband.. ?? And also what was that room on the right of the bathrooms, i saw some ppl hanging but never went in..

thx

Originally posted by diezel56

the music was sick...it died out 30 minutes into his set. no vibe whatsoever..so if you people think that was a vibe..you need to find out what vibe means.

wahahahahaha

/scottish accent

and where's the vibe, smmmartarse? [yer HEED is like an orange onna Toothpick! :laugh: ] is it at exit on a friday night? or hunka bunka.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: please... :rolleyes:

anyway, ny still needs a damn schooling in trance.. i had a wonderful time.. as rob said, it was an intimate gathering with an intimate vibe.. nothing but goodness surrounded it :) just what i like. happy peebles..

the one by the bar is the vip area...its a decent room- comfy seats and these cool holograms on the walls, but it gets super hot and stuffy in there.

the room by the bathrooms is called the arcade, you should have checked that out, its more loungy with more downtempo beats but it has a great vibe all its own, some arc'ers like it more than the main floor.

hope this helps,

Joe

Originally posted by tim58

last week was my 1st time at arc, so anyone care to tell me what was that back room about by the "bar" ? I went to talk back to scope it out and some guy said i needed a wristband.. ?? And also what was that room on the right of the bathrooms, i saw some ppl hanging but never went in..

thx