Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HomeGrown UP.....a review.

im not one for reviews but i must say the homegrown people

put together a terrific evening..

It was the first time i have seen leopard lounge that crowded...lines outside..lines inside..it was quite a madhouse.

Music ranged from all directions and people were up for it, dancing throughout the evening...cheering in delight on many occasions.

it was an unexpected inspiration for me.

No matter what the future holds for the homegrown collaboration...last night will always be a fond memory.

-z

Thanks Z. Last night was a sick sick time. I can't wait till we get to do it again. You threw down a very nice set despite the technical difficulties. Many music heads were pleased last night.

Bog, post those pics already so all the people who didn't bother to show up can see the mayhem they missed out on.

Z - I want some CD feedback soon cause today I put together another one and you may have to do it all over again. :D

::me, waiting in line outside in the freezing cold::

bouncer: "no singles. couples and ladies only"

me: "what if zoran or ron comes down to get me?" (of course, i knew full well that this name-dropping was just a bluff, as i'm sure neither would've vouched for me..."loch who?" :blank: )

bouncer: "WHO?"

me: "the guys spinning upstairs...Zoran and Ron"

bouncer: "what do they look like?"

me: "big, tall croation dude and a tall white dude"

bouncer: <hesitates> "alright...just wait"

::minutes pass::

bouncer: <waves me in>

:D

moral of the story? for the under-priviledged who lack female companion, and when deprived of entrance priviledges as a result, start dj name-dropping. ;)

(good to see some folks i haven't seen in awhile)

Originally posted by loch

moral of the story? for the under-priviledged who lack female companion, and when deprived of entrance priviledges as a result, start dj name-dropping. ;)

For better results, i would reccomnd PROMOTER name dropping, in my exp, venue workers could care less about the DJ, but the promoter has a lot more to do with their payday!

Originally posted by loch

::me, waiting in line outside in the freezing cold::

bouncer: "no singles. couples and ladies only"

me: "what if zoran or ron comes down to get me?" (of course, i knew full well that this name-dropping was just a bluff, as i'm sure neither would've vouched for me..."loch who?" :blank: )

bouncer: "WHO?"

me: "the guys spinning upstairs...Zoran and Ron"

bouncer: "what do they look like?"

me: "big, tall croation dude and a tall white dude"

bouncer: <hesitates> "alright...just wait"

::minutes pass::

bouncer: <waves me in>

(good to see some folks i haven't seen in awhile)

haha, i'm such a loser that namedropping didn't work... so I just called bog on my cell and had hime come down and bang things out...

but jesus christ.... i've never seen lep lounge so packed in my entire life... upstairs and down... you guys really did a good job!

thanks everybody for the kind words.. zoran, you helped rock the party so we can't thank you enough. as for the name dropping, we made note of that on our physical flyers, but {oops} neglected to mention that in our web promotions.. glad you were still able to get in. we'll do our best to insure we don't have that problem again (not that I mind having lots of ladies in the place ;) ) respect to everyone that came out.. and all the djs. look out for more from us.

Originally posted by lasix

thanks everybody for the kind words.. zoran, you helped rock the party so we can't thank you enough. as for the name dropping, we made note of that on our physical flyers, but {oops} neglected to mention that in our web promotions.. glad you were still able to get in. we'll do our best to insure we don't have that problem again (not that I mind having lots of ladies in the place ;) ) respect to everyone that came out.. and all the djs. look out for more from us.

ladies were flocking left and right over there last night. :aright: once again, i was very impressed by the turnout and vibe on saturday, considering that it was my first time at a homegrown party. hope you'll do more of these in the future.

I will def have to come back down to spin sometime soon.

a lil' birdy told me what i missed....

...well, no...actually it was RUBBED in my face .... nonetheless the HG guys have been doing a great job, and I'm glad last nights kick off for HG monthly parties was such a success.

But wait....do I really have to flirt with the bouncer at the door and say "I"m a friend of Ron / Bog's? " ???? I was never good at kissing ass.... :half:

...the line at the door was mainly due to their inefficiency at the coat check...small corridor en route to the bathroom and lower level jammed with people trying to get or give their coats...

whatever...the least of my worries that night...

...it was slammin...both musically and physically...lots and lots of bodies...good energy...first time hearing Z and it was great...agent orange was very impressive as well...

...i am sorry i missed a certain house party that night...but extrenuating circumstances brought me to HG late...but we did close the joint and i met my future wife...

...congrats to HG...they've come a long way and deservedly so...

Really great job guys...place was FULL!

We got there early before the line issues and settled in for a great night of beats...

Z - great GREAT seeing u again.

The only thing that would make the party better would be having a speaker in the cheetah room :aright:

What can I say, it's been 6 months or so since I last went to a Homegrown event. I had zero expectations and was pleasantly suprised by the talent, crowd, vibe, and progress which Homegrown displayed Saturday night.

I'd like to see this "Up" event again.

Qwest.