Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ tonydraper is back at exit!! 4 good

just heard darper is back at exit.....and all the asians are coming back to exit as well.because the numbers aren't doing well. so that opens the door for yours truly DJ TONY DRAPER DRAPER DRAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO GOODBYE to midnight room and say hello to adam s' vip coat room:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :hang::flush::cuss: :cuss:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lnflyer.jpg

Also coming January 31st

Bugout's Bday Bash with special guest Daniel Woo (jan 31st)

Feb Lineup (tenatively)

dj's Frank Berardi, DJ Joe N3ck, Tranceaddict Night #2, DJ Jon Stephens, Tooooch, and much much more.

Okay sorry for the interruption--would u like a cookie to go with that haterade your enjoying over there? :rock:

Mike Bugout

Originally posted by djmikebugout

lnflyer.jpg

Also coming January 31st

Bugout's Bday Bash with special guest Daniel Woo (jan 31st)

Feb Lineup (tenatively)

dj's Frank Berardi, DJ Joe N3ck, Tranceaddict Night #2, DJ Jon Stephens, Tooooch, and much much more.

Okay sorry for the interruption--would u like a cookie to go with that haterade your enjoying over there? :rock:

Mike Bugout

:party: :party: :party:

Originally posted by whitewidow

just heard darper is back at exit.....and all the asians are coming back to exit as well.because the numbers aren't doing well. so that opens the door for yours truly DJ TONY DRAPER DRAPER DRAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO GOODBYE to midnight room and say hello to adam s' vip coat room:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :hang::flush::cuss: :cuss:

No word of a Darper coming back to exit.......

yours truly lmao

So let me reiterate

lnflyer.jpg

Coat check? I think not;you may want to keep your coat around though, it does get a lil chilly.

Originally posted by legend38

Yeah Mike told me he is gonna be back for afterhours or something. I am just busting on this idiots poor spelling and grammar.

:laugh: :laugh:

Actually I didn't even notice that..

Come to think of it.. I haven't heard of any Darper either.. :idea:

Originally posted by whitewidow

attachment.php?postid=1242029attachment.php?postid=1242029attachment.php?postid=1242029attachment.php?postid=1242029

OH AND FUCK YOU!

FUCK DRAPER!

AND FUCK EXITS MANAGEMENT

If this is all true of course. If not this thread it pretty fuckin stupid... :rolleyes:

Well actually let me lay it all out for you people. A of right now Exit is going to have a rotating list of Dj's for Friday nights. Which include: Santana, Ojeda(afterhours), Borris, Nero(afterhours), vicious, and a few more that I cant remember right now. And what thy are thinking of doing is adding Draper to that list, which isnt even definate yet. Now i think they should add him. Even though all of you "Real Club People," like Mike Bugout would probably say, "omfg that would ruin Exit," "I would rather shoot myself then listen to Draper"... well to mike and they rest of the "Real Club People," i guess you might have to shoot yourselves bc Draper prob will come back.

Originally posted by zeeker

um, he's just a DJ. I think you'll live.

Um. Yeah I think I will live. But I won't be on the main floor when I do decide to go to the place. I just don't like a predictable DJ it kinda makes the night boring. Maybe I am just spoiled. But I kinda like a DJ who plays tracks that are unheard of. Tracks that have not been released. And unfortunatly he is not fortunate enough to have these types of tracks sent to him. So yes I do not enjoy myself when he is there. This isn't bandwagon hating. This is simply ( Not liking overly used tracks ) Being played all night.

Sorry Just my 2 pennies.

all over a DJ who doesn't play brand new unreleased tracks? A little extreme in my book.

Plus he has no originality. And is not creative in his work.

Sorry I have reasons... If you like him. To each his own. Everyone has an opinion. I just think if you are going to change things. Change them for good. Don't keep going back and forth. Make up your mind. That was the reason for the FUCK YOU. To Exits management. The FUCK YOU to whitewidow was because this thread was only put here to start DRAMA. And the FUCK YOU to Draper. Well it just fit in. What can I tell ya...

Originally posted by elementx

Plus he has no originality. And is not creative in his work.

Sorry I have reasons... If you like him. To each his own. Everyone has an opinion. I just think if you are going to change things. Change them for good. Don't keep going back and forth. Make up your mind. That was the reason for the FUCK YOU. To Exits management. The FUCK YOU to whitewidow was because this thread was only put here to start DRAMA. And the FUCK YOU to Draper. Well it just fit in. What can I tell ya...

just curious, when was the last time you heard Draper spin?

Also, I am not a Draper fan by any means. I just don't think that all the hate is deserved.

You know whats very odd, when Vicious was at Exit i knew alot of the songs that he played, so does that mean that he is a terible dj? I think its more a predetermined hate that most of you have for tony. then when you hear him you wont let yourself like what you hear becasue you have already decided what you think before you even get into the club.

just curious, when was the last time you heard Draper spin?

Also, I am not a Draper fan by any means. I just don't think that all the hate is deserved.

I don't hate. The man is obviously alot better than I would be. I never hate. But constructive criticism is going to happen. I have reasons to back my criticism. And I have obviously not seen or heard him spin in a long time. ( Reason ) I did not enjoy the last few times I heard him. I don't just say things to say them. When I go to hear music. Which due to circumstances beyond my control are very seldom. I go for the music. I do not go for the crowd. I go to get away. And one of the ways that I get away it through the music. And not to sound corny. But when I am in a club I expect a musical Journey. I know you are not going to get that all the time. But I expect it from time to time. I expect a DJ to take me somewhere with his or her music. And I don't mean literally take me somewhere. But I expect a DJ to have a track selection that makes sense. Not just play one song after another. I also expect a DJ to work with more than one track at a time. I don't know of recent. But last time I heard Draper spin he didn't sample a single thing under or over another track. I like a DJ who can spin multiple decks at the same time. And basically create something totally different than each track he is using at the time. Maybe I expect to much. But if I am going to pay that much. I have a right to expect certain things. And I never experienced that once with draper.

Maybe that all sounds stupid to some people. But I am sorry this is what I look for. I have experienced this many times with certain other DJ's and I guess it spoils one. What can I say. I think my hatred is more towards Exits management and Not Draper himself.

Originally posted by exitsquared4e

You know whats very odd, when Vicious was at Exit i knew alot of the songs that he played, so does that mean that he is a terible dj? I think its more a predetermined hate that most of you have for tony. then when you hear him you wont let yourself like what you hear becasue you have already decided what you think before you even get into the club.

Don't just read what you want to reply to. Read my whole post. And then reply. If you ask me. Yes Vicious spun some songs we all know. Yet he was also ( Creative ) with his set. Dropping some OLD OLD tracks, dropping some new tracks, dropping some original tracks. With some Accapellas.

As I have mentioned. And maybe I was not clear. But track selection is not the only thing. Originality and creativity is also key. ;)

Just for the record I am not a huge Vicious Fan either. Just liked his set that night.

Also. It is people like you who start this Drama and I believe that is why the guy is so hated by many. For everyone person who likes someone there is another person who dislikes someone. And when people post stupid fucking threads like these. Of course you are going to get the hatred. But if you have noticed in the last few weeks. Before this thread. No one spoke a single word about Draper. So it is his own fans that bring out the hatred from others...

Originally posted by elementx

I don't hate. The man is obviously alot better than I would be. I never hate. But constructive criticism is going to happen. I have reasons to back my criticism. And I have obviously not seen or heard him spin in a long time. ( Reason ) I did not enjoy the last few times I heard him. I don't just say things to say them. When I go to hear music. Which due to circumstances beyond my control are very seldom. I go for the music. I do not go for the crowd. I go to get away. And one of the ways that I get away it through the music. And not to sound corny. But when I am in a club I expect a musical Journey. I know you are not going to get that all the time. But I expect it from time to time. I expect a DJ to take me somewhere with his or her music. And I don't mean literally take me somewhere. But I expect a DJ to have a track selection that makes sense. Not just play one song after another. I also expect a DJ to work with more than one track at a time. I don't know of recent. But last time I heard Draper spin he didn't sample a single thing under or over another track. I like a DJ who can spin multiple decks at the same time. And basically create something totally different than each track he is using at the time. Maybe I expect to much. But if I am going to pay that much. I have a right to expect certain things. And I never experienced that once with draper.

Maybe that all sounds stupid to some people. But I am sorry this is what I look for. I have experienced this many times with certain other DJ's and I guess it spoils one. What can I say. I think my hatred is more towards Exits management and Not Draper himself.

Well i share your sentiment about not liking DJ's that don't make that extra effort...but you obviously hadn't seen Draper in quite a while, I speak with a little experiance because I DJ a bit, and I watched him when I use to hear him play, and he's quite a tweaker, and I have seen him use 3 decks (maybe not like richie hawtin, but he was doin it) and he goes off with the EFX, and uses them well in my opinion.

And the comment about upfront tracks is very off base. Draper has a penchant for playing on the harder side, and i keep up within those genres of music, and the first place I heard many tracks was on Exits main floor, and then later on by other exit dj in the red room and such when they picked up them.

And the other reason I have a fondness for him was his late night techno sessions, specialy when I heard Boca - Play with Me (Bellfire Mix) just a couple weeks after PVD had been there and played the SAME track.

So hate all you want, but I jsut dont think many of you have valid reasons to hate on him as much as you do. He's not a bad DJ. At least no worse than vicious.

As for the management, you'll find no arguement from me there!