Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's up with pop songs having rappers jump in?

magilicuti

Originally posted by solbeam

its already out..Missy did the remix...Video is SICKKKKKKK

sometimes the song just sounds right but there are artists that just overdo it (ie Mariah and insert any mc here ). Hip Hop does sell records....so i guess it's $$ over art

it is about the $, esp now that they have to work harder with all the free shit you can get on the internet (but i dont feel too bad for them....cause you many cars and houses do they really need)

its all about the money to reach different markets when a pop star adds a rapper instead of being played on z100 it also can be played on hot97 take for instance mariah carrey new song with cameron its taken from which didnt do that well she took it added vocals now he can profit from it which might make people buy his album on the other hand when ppl are on the same label record execs. might add a rapper youve never heard of to get there name out on the streets;)

Originally posted by reenichole

its all about the money to reach different markets when a pop star adds a rapper instead of being played on z100 it also can be played on hot97 take for instance mariah carrey new song with cameron its taken from which didnt do that well she took it added vocals now he can profit from it which might make people buy his album on the other hand when ppl are on the same label record execs. might add a rapper youve never heard of to get there name out on the streets;)

Cam even said it in his verse...about Mariah helping him sell a few more million...or something like that

songs like this may attract a larger audience...but notice many stations will not play song versions with the rap added on..

Cam even said it in his verse...about Mariah helping him sell a few more million...or something like that

songs like this may attract a larger audience...but notice many stations will not play song versions with the rap added on..

perfect example love of my life eryicah(sp)badu when its played on hot 97 or 105 it has the rap version but on 98.7 they play the vocals only

Originally posted by magilicuti

timberlake, j-lo and mariah to name a few. i mean their new songs have some good beats but why throw in the hip hop. everything is getting hip hop thrown in it lately. i don't mind hip hop but i don't think it needs to be thrown in all the songs out now

I like when they throw it in depending on the song. I especially dont mind if its J-LO b/c she is kinda hip-hop to begin with. It goes w/ most of her songs. Her best songs are the ones with rap in them actually

Originally posted by psychosweetie9

I like when they throw it in depending on the song. I especially dont mind if its J-LO b/c she is kinda hip-hop to begin with. It goes w/ most of her songs. Her best songs are the ones with rap in them actually

The songs that Jennifer Lopez releases as singles are mostly remixes to begin with...the originals are nothing like what we hear on the radio...she's a perfect example of feeding into what is going to sell records..

The songs that Jennifer Lopez releases as singles are mostly remixes to begin with...the originals are nothing like what we hear on the radio...she's a perfect example of feeding into what is going to sell records..

but i would do the same shit, she is LOADED

doesn't it make you seem really old to think of biggie and method as old school...it does for me so can we drop the old school and just call it the good shit :laugh:

Actually.. I think it's just the opposite.. it makes you seem not so old if you consider Biggie and Method old skool..