Clubplanet Nightlife Community

fashion let downs...

somebitch

anyone ever buy something and have it fall apart?? if so who was it made by? i am questioning the quality of certain brands because of products i have bought in the past. i wonder if anyone has similar experiences.

also, does anyone have certain stores that have reacted unprofessionally to a complaint? lol.

ok. my first complaint is directed at FENDI!!! their items look so nicely made but i have bought 3 items that the quality was questionable. my wallet from fendi practically fell apart before i even used it. luckily they replaced it without a problem because it was purchased in their store (if you purchase a fendi item from another establishment, fendi will not back it, which is bullshit). after 3 items fell apart from fendi, i think the bag is the last purchase i will make from them EVER...

also, victorias secret... they suck. the people who work there are assholes. their items are poor quality & fall apart. i stopped going there a while ago, i dont miss it at all. now i buy cosabella and other brands that are 100x better quality.

bloomingdales, they are just not up to the service level of other places, for example nordstrom, lord & taylor, and neiman marcus.. i dont know why i continue to shop there.

lol, that is all i can think of right now.

:frust:

You're right about Victoria's Secret, their items are very shoddily made. Some of their sleepwear is ok, and not bad if you catch them on a sale, but their bras and panties are ridiculously priced and just do not wear well. Plus, they always try and push for you to sign up for their fucking credit card. How f'ing annoying! :mad:

I hate VS...I bought a bra from there maybe like a month ago a little less for 50 bucks & the thing looks like I've had it for years...I will NEVER shop there again they have shit! :mad:

btw....VS workers are too pushy....The girl at the counter was like "This is all your gettng?" lol NERVE!!

Originally posted by somebitch

bloomingdales, they are just not up to the service level of other places, for example nordstrom, lord & taylor, and neiman marcus.. i dont know why i continue to shop there.

lol, that is all i can think of right now.

:frust:

hmm ive always had relatively good luck at bloomingdales.. is this the one in the city? or up by you?

my complaint is express.. i bought a shitty ass skirt on clearance. although i dont expect much from the store as far as quality etc, it was like $10. well, the bottom hem came un done after one wash.. i took it back to the store and i have never encountered a ruder sales person. she told me that it was my fault and i coulndt return it. i asked her if they stood behind their merchandise and she again said it was my fault. I worked in retail for years and I KNOW that you do not accuse or blame your customers. and that her behavior is not tolerable. i got the District managers name and number and stormed out of the store. the gave me a credit for the skirt and a gift certificate, but i vowed never to shop ther again (and haven't) i gave the credit and certificate to my friends.

Originally posted by nycchic24

hmm ive always had relatively good luck at bloomingdales.. is this the one in the city? or up by you?

my complaint is express.. i bought a shitty ass skirt on clearance. although i dont expect much from the store as far as quality etc, it was like $10. well, the bottom hem came un done after one wash.. i took it back to the store and i have never encountered a ruder sales person. she told me that it was my fault and i coulndt return it. i asked her if they stood behind their merchandise and she again said it was my fault. I worked in retail for years and I KNOW that you do not accuse or blame your customers. and that her behavior is not tolerable. i got the District managers name and number and stormed out of the store. the gave me a credit for the skirt and a gift certificate, but i vowed never to shop ther again (and haven't) i gave the credit and certificate to my friends.

:laugh: sounds like what happened to me at bloomingdales. i am talking about the one up here in white plains...

the woman honestly tried to say that i tampered with my own item so i could return it hahaha. like i would break something i love to get a few hundred $s, i am not that broke. they credited my account but only after i called the manager and made a fuss over it. i just know if i was dealing with another store like nordstrom there wouldnt have been any questions/accusations. i spend 100s of dollars in bloomingdales a month, you would think they wouldnt give me a hard time especially since i am a "premiere card holder"... makes me want to cut up their card and not go back there.

WOW. what a great topic!!!! considering I work at Express...i must apologize to NY chic....they should not have accused you although i can see where the sales associate would be intolerable... ive encountered many a customer who has tampered with their purchase ( worn, ripped, jerry curl stains, period stains etc...) and returns it with no shame!!! however the customer is always right and therefore i can understand ur anger...as for VS..since that is our sister company,and my best friend works there...they are pushy and ive seen better quality, but i still buy there..o well, the discount is good. All i can say is u get what u pay for, as in dont expect too much of something when u kno ur paying a ridiculous low price...good quality comes and goes...ive gotten designer things that have fallen apart and cheap ass things that ive worn for 5 years. I am in no way standing up for the bullshit u ladies went thru which is why when I open my own boutique u will see nothing but the best items and service, thanks :o)

I will agree with you on VS...alot of their stuff is porr quality and never lasts as long as it should.

Nordstrom's has the BEST service...they NEVER cop an attitude about anything and always take ANY type of return with no problems.

MACY'S, STEVE MADDEN, A/X, BEBE FKN rude people...I ahte shopping in those stores just because of the terrible service

:mad:

Originally posted by NVdancer

I bought a pair of hippie brand cords the other day for 138!...and they are already falling apart!

I also think bebe is extremely overpriced for such cheap quality.

hehe.. i agree about bebe.

isnt hippie also that bella dahl brand? i have some drawstring pants from them and they are really comfy, nicely made & wash wonderfully. i guess you cant really think because you buy one shitty item all a brands items are shit but in the case of fendi, i bought 3 completely different items and they ALL broke. lol.