Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Good areas in Cali

ezdreamer

Originally posted by swecan:

I say to sweat to much about getting the car registered unless you are sure you will be here a while. I came from CT and didn't register mine for a year due to shear laziness.....

My roommate has been here for almost two years and hasn't registered his car yet. His plates have been expired for a year and a half. Cops have more pressing issues to deal with than expired tags. cwm17.gif

------------------

7a.gif

Originally posted by gumby76:

Cops have more pressing issues to deal with than expired tags. cwm17.gif

Hmmm... like controlling riots, earthquakes, fires, and mudslides? Pick one and expired tags seem to be a joke.

------------------

Dream a little dream... and fawk the dejavus and nightmares!

caveman.gif

• 2 weeks later...

hey BamBam.... i'm moving out there at the end of Jan. and i'm looking to get a place in west l.a.... i'm going out with some friends from the hamptons.. but they're only gonna be there for a month and a half... so what i'm trying to say is if you found a place and have an extra bedroom or if you needed another person to fill a room i'd be in if the location and the $$$ was right... let me know what your plan is.... ohhh.... and the original poster(i forget your name and cant go back cuz i'll loose my connect) get in touch with me too... i'll let you know what i think of the scene when i get out there...

Here's the low down from someone who lived through it too:

i moved to Cali from philadelphia, (drove cross coutry), almost 2 years ago. holy shit, it's already been 2 years....? anyway,

i settled in Costa Mesa because:

1) i work in santa ana

2) the area is quiet, clean, and friendly

3) rent

4) location

i live in a house with a roommate and our rent is $875 a month. we have an off street parking spot and a garage. we live right of the 55, and the 405 and 5 are within 10 minutes, 405 is only 5 min.

i go to LA/Hollywood every weekend, and when ya leave @ 9 or 10pm it takes about 45 min. some advice, makes friends that live up there early, so you don't have to make the trip back and forth twice a weekend! driving home @ 8 am all looped is not fun!

i live 10 min from newport beach, and about 15 min from laguna, which is obviously important to you. there are mega malls all around, and once you get farmiliar shopping in LA is a sinch.

so, hope that helps. it's overwhelming at first, but yo'll be running red lights and speeding @ 90 mph in no time!!

if ya want more info, PM me.

At least there's one thing I won't have to worry about anymore... retrofitting my Jeep for emissions... found out my car will pass Cali emissions... whew... saved 700 bucks right there.

------------------

caveman.gif

Originally posted by ibizaboy:

i drove out from philly down to Georgia, and then cross country to LA. it took about 4 days with a friend.

Was that nonstop or was it with pit stops and motels along the way?

------------------

caveman.gif

>>how long did it take you to drive?

i drove out from philly down to Georgia, and then cross country to LA. it took about 4 days with a friend.

>>I am driving out there a couple days after <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/newyearseve/">New Years </a> and dreading it!

no, driving XC is probobly one of the greatest trips you can make. haing a raw view of the country is just amazing. the people, and the land makes you appreciate how vast our country is... i highly recommend it!

Listen up! don't move to the beach areas. They are far too expensive for what you get. And definitely stay away from Longbeach, pretty much ghetto now. Also, if you want any kind of life, stay away from Irvine and that area.

The people who have pushed you towards Santa Monica are right on the money for what you're looking for. It's a sweet little place (my brother lives and works there).

I personally live in Downtown and it works for me. If you actually need to go to OC this would be too far. But you want to get into entertainment right? then, you probably won't be going to OC, but Burbank, Culver City, Hollywood, and Los Feliz areas are going to be where you want to be to start.

hope this helps.

peace

Amen!

Originally posted by tjspooky:

Listen up! don't move to the beach areas. They are far too expensive for what you get. And definitely stay away from Longbeach, pretty much ghetto now. Also, if you want any kind of life, stay away from Irvine and that area.

The people who have pushed you towards Santa Monica are right on the money for what you're looking for. It's a sweet little place (my brother lives and works there).

I personally live in Downtown and it works for me. If you actually need to go to OC this would be too far. But you want to get into entertainment right? then, you probably won't be going to OC, but Burbank, Culver City, Hollywood, and Los Feliz areas are going to be where you want to be to start.

hope this helps.

peace

------------------

bearclr.gif We are here only if you believe, but believe only if you are certain.

gracias surreal. I work in Century City so I too know how bad it can be to park here when you want to party. And the whole drinking and driving thing is a bitch! cabs can be such a hassle taking me all the way back downtown.

keep that in mind~

Originally posted by tjspooky:

hope this helps.

peace

Ah shit... there goes plan A. Damn, good thing I'm plannning way ahead... Thanx... even some peeps that I know in Cali were pushing for Long Beach... but I don't think so, not after what you said. And a quick look at the rents out there near the beaches and I was like wtf? Anyway, Irvine is still in the running... what you say makes a whole lotta sense though... damit, back to the drawing board.

One thing for sure... I don't wanna be that north like Burbank...

How about some areas around Costa Mesa or Irvine at least? Come on guys, there's gotta be a place that doesn't spell ghetto like Long Beach... just a descent place with descent rent under a thou around that area? Any areas? Man, this is getting tougher...

------------------

Skip the little dream, go for the BIG one... or cya in the next life...

caveman.gif

How come nobody has suggested the West Hollywood/Melrose area? Lots of clubs and bars around, centrally located, not too much crime, good restaurants, etc. With a little luck, I think you can probably still get a one bedroom with a parking space for less than a grand.

Hey EZ, I think you know me smile.gif Anyway, I've decided to move back to CAli, too. I grew up in Irvine, and I'm telling you as a native, DO NOT Move to IRvine! you'll go absolutely insane! It's the most boring place ever! Well, I guess if you got a car and the motivation to drive to L.A. Often, it wouldn't be so bad. Either way, give me a call 'cause dstgeorge2 and I are off to Irvine to the 'rents for a while 'til we recuperate and get our own cool-roommie's filled house.

I'm also looking for cool areas to live to get a big house where we can party! Where are the places where there are no cranky neighbors who will get on your case for having your music on a "reasonable" volume? Not Irvine, that's for sure!

I heard that Venice Beach and Santa Monica are places to check out, so I guess we'll go exploring when we get there! Anyone with whatever to say, write me, dudes!

cwm11.gif

------------------

Wandering in a world uninhibited by structure.

sneakybeakies will rule.

amazonroad.com

One more time, especially if you want to be on the noisy side (like me), Hollywood, Los Feliz, Silverlake area's are all tight. Certain parts of LA, around Fountain between La Cienega and Highland or around 3rd St./Beverly/Melrose between La Cienega and La Brea. Also, check out Beachwood Canyon. These are all great areas and people are usually younger, mid 20's-early 30's.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived