Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oakie doing superball halftime show!!!!

Taub

This just in from Reuters.com...

PRESS RELEASE

-----------------

Paul Oakenfold, the world's leading dance and electronic music pioneer, is slated to entertain a crowd of nearly 70,000 at the Halftime Show of Superbowl XXXVII in San Diego. Fans will be treated to his trademark "electronica" sound against a dazzling backdrop of dancers, lasers, and pyrotechnics that will be synchronized to the music. Oakenfold is quoted as saying, "I am quite excited about the opportunity to reach such a large market through an avenue that is so exciting, and so American."

This year marks a vast departure from those in the past, in which audiences were presented with bands and live acts such as Aerosmith, N'Sync, and Britney Spears. The National Football League in association with the American Broadcasting Company is hoping to capture the attention of a market that may have been overlooked in previous years.

----------

nice i say, hate this guy all you want and i do too..but this is something goood for the scene here in the US

Originally posted by Taub

nice i say, hate this guy all you want and i do too..but this is something goood for the scene here in the US

I Totally Agree! You Can say he's cheesy or he sucks till we are all blue in the face but this is going to introduce tons of kids in middle america to the scene!

Excerpt from the Associated Press, 1-24-2003

This just in! Doctors and scienticians across the medical field have just unanimously agreed to a whole new treatment for insomniacs and individuals who are battleing sleep depravation.

No longer are these patients being prescribed AMBIEN or Diphenhydramine, which is the active sleeping agent found in Tylenol PM or Nyquil PM. Instead, the world's leading science gurus are pointing to a simpler, non drug solution: listening to the sales record breaking mega ultra super international star DJ Paul Oakenfold (pronounced Oh-ken-fol).

"His performance is almost hypnotic. Not only does he lull the listener to a deep trance-like state, he manages to convince them that he is actually driving energy into their souls," quotes Dr. Kershaim Ichtoven of Germany. "He has fooled the world over and over by passing his music that will put any ridalined adolescent into a trance as TRANCE music. That way, not only does the individual fall asleep fast, but he falls asleep THINKING his body is actually being energized, thus waking up refreshed and renewed and ready to tackle life!"

This explains the phonomena of why he is ever so popular. Pharmaceutical companies are licking its heels after their stocks dropped to half their worth prior to the announcement of this new scientific breakthrough.

"There is a risk involved, however," warns Dr. Ichtoven.

"Prolonged exposure to Oakenfold's music may leave you dependent on it. Like any other habit-forming habit, the individual will no longer be able to fall asleep without the comforting lull of this super duper ultra mega international DJ."

Operators of heavy machinery and drivers of school buses are warned to stay audibly away from Oakenfold.