Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hey Clubheads! ->Sneaky Pete's, Albany

djjb

Wsup people, this is one of the resident DJs at Sneaky Pete's, JB. I'm the guy who does Thursdays now. There's been some talk about the lack of house and techno music in Albany, AKA Smallbany, and how people miss techno thursdays. :( Well, the truth is the house crowd doesn't come out in numbers strong enough to warrant designating an entire night for the music. I was hired for Thursday nights after it had already been decided there was to be a change in the weekly line-up,and because I can spin hip hop as well as house. The truth is, the management would love to split the week between hip hop and house, Wednesdays are primarily hip hop, Fridays are hip hop, if enough people would show up, Thursday and Saturday would be set aside for all house/ dance/ techno etc, but the numbers don't support it. On the nights I work (Thursday and Saturday) my job is to play to the crowd, and in doing that I try to play as many requests as possible. If 2/3 of the requests are for hip hop, then I play 2/3 hip hop, I'm supposed to keep people there and keep them happy. I've noticed that I get the same techno requests alot of the time, and I don't understand why the majority of the house crowd is content to wait and see if I play what they like. :idea: I'm setting up this post in the hope that I can find some clubheads that want to change the way things are. Show up on a Thursday or a Saturday, talk to me, let me know what you want to hear, the longer the floor stays packed when house/techno is on, the more house/techno gets played. If I get asked for something I don't have, i always do my best to try and have it next time. If you never ask, how am I supposed to know what you want? Consider this, where in upstate do you have a better chance of hearing house/techno in a club every week? ;) Peace. www.dj-jb.com

I was at Sneaky Petes when JP and the week after last year (2002). I came up there to visit my freind at college.

JP was sick (of course) and I must say that you were pretty fucking good yourself. I basically heard all house music that night when you spun. It wasnt packed but there were a good amount of people there.

Ill be coming up to albany again soon. Hopefully the party starts going better. Its understandable to have to do what the crowd wants, money is money.

See ya soon

It's easy to look pretty small opening for JP, he was a really cool guy too. Nice surprise. Denny Tsettos was awesome last night, but the turnout was mediocre, unfortunately. I am going to do my best to try and bring some house people together in Albany. Maybe if we can figure out what people really want , we can give it to em. If you're interested, I have some original stuff of my own and some of my CDs uploaded to listen to. Make sure you introduce yourself next time you're in, hopefully I can get to know the cool people. Peace :cool:

Yah , i totally agree i am a DJ too , actually my friend sometimes spins over by sneaky petes and what not, and we were talking about the whole music scene up there its good but people just dont know the deals bro. When we throw parties up there people like to hear the techno and trance n shit BUT>> when we were talking to the owner of Sneaky petes. people want to hear vocals which cant always be done because of u know......

Sneaky petes is def an Ill place and has such ill potential, i want to come up there and spin some trance for people but yet had the chance or offer to do it. I want to get the scene pumping over there because its an ill school and people like to have fun over there..

HIt me back well talk about it

Joe D