MAKE SPECIAL EFFORTS TO COME FROM PHILLY JUST TO GO

THERE, THEN WE LEAVE RIGHT AFTER!!!

HOWEVER, I'M EXCITED ABOUT FRIDAY, WE'RE COMING UP

FOR DANNY!!!!!!

PEACE,

TRICKEEONE/MELISSA

:eek:

Ok, with all the whining....

i went ahead and double-checked (it was noisy in the VIP room on Saturday when he told me ) and my "sources" response is YES, it is being Discussed.....now if im wrong, im wrong, but i have been told this! I also was told that another possiblity to add to the list is Josh Wink.....Mike Bindra also LOVES him.......

B

Originally posted by fwilso01

Ok, with all the whining....

i went ahead and double-checked (it was noisy in the VIP room on Saturday when he told me ) and my "sources" response is YES, it is being Discussed.....now if im wrong, im wrong, but i have been told this! I also was told that another possiblity to add to the list is Josh Wink.....Mike Bindra also LOVES him.......

B

:( :(

I think New York needs a change from the same old sameold deep dark warm bass progressive "Tenaglia Sounding Style" that every other dj is spinning.

Bring in Europe's best kept Secret...

DJ Vibe

Those who were at arc the last time he played and the few other times he was in ny over the years will understand

Big Ralph from the left.

:hat:

well to add to this hears what i heard even though no one probably cares.... and the sf friday meeting while goin through a list of djs there trying to get sum asked about picotto and there response was we tried but hes in the middle of coming to a deal with arc as a monthly resident... now to me i love howells but picotto once a month would be out of control i wouldn't mind seeing this guy once a frigen week. i think it would be good for new york to have a dj around here that spins the way he does cause right now i feel that there are to many djs trying to sound like DT. dont get me wrong there are still a couple that dont but everyone else seems to be heading in that direction....

Besides for anyone who was at arc and seen picotto spin or anyone thats seen him anywhere, this guys packs the place with energy

Originally posted by jaysea

why are people still asking about ARc getting liquor...

THEY DONT WANT IT...

fuck there hasent been liguor there since it was fucking Area?>

yea im sure they dont want a liquor license....that would double their revenue in one day and them not having a license keeps people like me away.....

i love the music but when i can only go out once or twice a month i want to have a few drinks and vinyl does not provide that....

so centro it is......

Originally posted by msoprano13

yea im sure they dont want a liquor license....that would double their revenue in one day and them not having a license keeps people like me away.....

i love the music but when i can only go out once or twice a month i want to have a few drinks and vinyl does not provide that....

so centro it is......

Are you going tonite?

Originally posted by jaysea

from what i know, there happy with out it,

i will not back fucking arc up, but id rather not deal with a drunk fucking asshole, whos is trashed, and CRAZY...

than some fucking kid whos 22, and talking to me REALLY FAST. :laugh:

i really hope that comment wasnt directed towards me.....

and how could they be happy without the license last two times i was there the place was like a ghost town....

and cody i wont be going tonight i havent been feeling good this week.......next week though shit is on:cool: :tongue:

Arc wont die at all, its still getting going in a way. Do you see the parties coming up that there having its goign to be insane in there and i highly doubt its gonna be a ghost town there those nights. Im a regular there and i know for a fact its not going anywhere and will always be strong. Every clubs has its off nights and ARC has had a few but its going to really start pickign up again with these partys in a big way starting this friday the 31st

from what i remember, once the space lost its license, there was pretty much no way in hell they would ever get it back, supposedly the local community is against it.

no club owner in their right mind would simply not want to go for a liquor license....that's where most of the revenues come from anyway......from people that spend $50, $100 just on liquor. they could still make it 18+ like other places like exit/roxy, you just need to show id at the bar if you want to get served.

obviously something is precluding them from getting a license....it makes no sense why any club would simply choose not to serve liquor.

Ok some clarifications:

1) Danny Howells is our monthly resident on Saturdays.

2) Yes Mr. Picotto will be coming to ARC frequently in 2003 wanna call that a residency fine. Whatever floats your boat.

3) Vinyl didn't lose it's liquor license it lapsed and was never renewed.

4) Arc feels that the music fuels the soul not booze. We don't have fights, no drunk jerks, and happy people. And we like it like that :D

Any other questions please direct them to www.arcspace.net

Oh and remember 4th ANNIVERSARY of Be Yourself w/ Danny Tenaglia (Nominated for Best Club Night of the Year for the 2003 Dancestar Music Awards) Is this Friday

and

JUDGE JULES 1ST APPEARANCE AT ARC THIS SATURDAY

to cap it off

SUNDAY AFTERNOON ARC PRESENTS LOVE FROM NYC

Let the music move you!

Originally posted by msoprano13

and cody i wont be going tonight i havent been feeling good this week.......next week though shit is on:cool: :tongue:

Yeah a lot of people aren't feeling very well this week.. Yarin was gonna drive me up there this week if he went but he's not feeling well either so looks like I won't be there tonite either. Next week.. Saeed & Palash.. HELL FUCKING YEAH! :D

Feel better hun. :)

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

Ok some clarifications:

3) Vinyl didn't lose it's liquor license it lapsed and was never renewed.

4) Arc feels that the music fuels the soul not booze. We don't have fights, no drunk jerks, and happy people. And we like it like that :D

interesting....a quick search at arcspace reveals the following by the administrator:

---------------------------------------------------------------

nick

Administrator

Thanks for the question..

The reality is, as I'm sure most of you know, the license was taken away years ago and ever since the venue has been a liquor free zone.

For us there's a lot of advantages of not having alcohol, many have already been stated. Right now the club is about people who love their music and who love to party. It's great to have that kind of crowd in your club, there is a different kind of energy.

I do however sympathise with those that feel they just want to have a beer and are NOT alchololic maniacs ready to throw up everywhere and start fights and ruin parties... after all who doesn't appreciate a nice cold beer!

For now our suggestion is to hit one of the local bars right around the corner from us... the prices are very reasonable in our neighbourhood! We do allow re-entery till 4am, so if your dying for a drink then just make sure to get a stamp upon exit and be back before 4!

-------------------------------------------------

the stamp thing was news to me. if its for real, good to know. but anywhere in the world, a club without alcohol is simply unheard of, and i'm sure if the U.S. didn't have these bullshit liquor laws than we'd obviously have liquor in there. go to any club anywhere in the world, and see if liquor's "prohibited". maybe it's just that americans can't be responsible whenever there's liquor involved? maybe it's a stigma that goes all the way back to the prohibition era? who the fuck knows....but i digress.

and just because one wants liquor doesn't mean one is an alky jerk who's out to throw up everywhere and pick fights. maybe that's the way it is in the U.S. then.....what a shame.

fact of the matter is, arc would be bringing in a lot more people if they had a liquor license. whether it'd be the type of people they'd want in there is a different question, but honestly, i don't think the stereotypical female-groping-puking-guts-off-frat-boy would be wanting to go to arc....for the same cover charge they can go to some cheesy club pick up some oxygenated fake boob fake tan blonde bimbo instead.......whether there's liquor at arc or not won't change the fact the people go there for the music. because if you're not there for the music and just wanna get drunk and pick someone up, there's PLENTY of other places in the city more suitable for such a purpose.....whether arc has liquor or not.