Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is the story w/ RAIN?

guyman1966

Personally, Rain as a place is a good location...the management sucks and it gives clubbing in south florida a bad name...I have seen lots of kids standing outside velv-shit rope in the past weeks but I wouldn't be found dead anywhere that place...it's just not for me.

I-say-hip-hop-you-don't-stop...:eek:

Originally posted by gilfabulous

Yes tuesdays are still going on at rain homecookin .recently our saturday party called "wet " has become one of the hottest hip hop party on beach with dj tony tone

we are also working on bringing u house music on fridays coming soon .......

wow...1st post!

right on bro, welcome to the jungle we have fun and games...

Home Cookin has been in that location (both Groove Jet & Rain) for many years. It's been one of the longest runnin parties that I've known. I'm not really a big hip hop fan, but that party does boast a good crowd. I think Shannon used to spin Home Cookin back in the days w/ a couple others I cant recall at the time. There's nothing like a good BBQ IMO ... good stuff

Originally posted by sunnyhost

Maybe to you, but not to all of us:rolleyes:

Another closeted hip-hop fan? Your Mizdameanor threads and Escalade are being Fedexed over right now :)

hehe, I'm just having fun don't mind me.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by meli2444

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I WENT TO THERE ON A TUESDAY AND IT WAS PRETTY COOL. I'M HOPING TO CHECK IT OUT ON A SATURDAY. I'VE HEARD GOOD THINGS. COUGH MR.MATAS COUGH

:eek:

uh oh, someone's gonna call in sick for work on wednesday!!!;)

Hip-Hop sucks!!

Now I am not talking about Eminem or some of the more musically oriented (and more inteligent) stuff out there..(which is simply not my thing)

I am talking about the celibration of ignorance that most of the artists (though I do not consider them artists) revel in.

Get the bitch.... get the car.... don't diss me...I'm proud to be a thug... etc.. etc....

Growing up in Detroit will cure anyone from that crap. People actually buy into that shit. The main goal in life is to get your 15 minutes of fame, some nice rims, and to bang a couple ho's.

"I don't need to know shit cause Im just keeping it real....."

Talk about some high goals in life...

now I know hip hop is evolving into almost a sembelance of real music, but I still only feel its roots. And its roots are "Look at me because I am the shit (and thus better than you)"

and I know it is probably a big result of having to run, fight, or hide too many times growing up, but to me hip hop will always equal ignorance and exclusiveness. Two of the biggest problems in the country.

Originally posted by digital7

Home Cookin has been in that location (both Groove Jet & Rain) for many years. It's been one of the longest runnin parties that I've known. I'm not really a big hip hop fan, but that party does boast a good crowd. I think Shannon used to spin Home Cookin back in the days w/ a couple others I cant recall at the time. There's nothing like a good BBQ IMO ... good stuff

Digital ... it is the longest runnig party ... I remember when they had it at the place where Sports Cafe (6th and Was) is now ... was soooo long ago that forgot how the place was called ... it was in the good old days when DJ Burrito would pack La Covacha ... :eek: ... haven't been to it in years thou ...

Second longest running party I believe is Back Door Bambi ...

Regardless of the music formatt ... we have to admire their massive consistency over the years ... :hat:

Originally posted by vipnerd

Digital ... it is the longest runnig party ... I remember when they had it at the place where Sports Cafe (6th and Was) is now ... was soooo long ago that forgot how the place was called ... it was in the good old days when DJ Burrito would pack La Covacha ... :eek: ... haven't been to it in years thou ...

Second longest running party I believe is Back Door Bambi ...

Regardless of the music formatt ... we have to admire their massive consistency over the years ... :hat:

this is where KLUBVETRAN can come in handy was it READY BAR you were thinking of at 6th and Wash?:what::worry:

Originally posted by shroomy

Hip-Hop sucks!!

bla, bla, bla.... Yes Shroomy, I have gone on record on this board and said that I'm not into the Hip Hop thing. But, Tuesday nights at Rain is an upscale, fun and cool event. And, in that type of environment, I have had a nice time.

Check it out at least once. Then you will know what the deal is. Its not Club Deep.

Originally posted by gilfabulous

I know most of the people on this board are more into the electronic music scene. For those interested in attending our Sat night ? feel free to e-mail me: Gilfabulous@aol.com

Hip-Hop/ R&B

Welcome to our Board Gil, this is Jorge, I've been here for a while and its the best source of info. to everything that is going on, glad you could join us, and Yeup Rain is definitely worth checking out for those that do appreciate good HIp Hop and Nice looking Crowd. :)

Originally posted by guyman1966

bla, bla, bla.... Yes Shroomy, I have gone on record on this board and said that I'm not into the Hip Hop thing. But, Tuesday nights at Rain is an upscale, fun and cool event. And, in that type of environment, I have had a nice time.

Check it out at least once. Then you will know what the deal is. Its not Club Deep.

Thanks for Supporting us Guyman, hope you're doing good.

Our saturday party is worth checking out atleast once and then

voice your opinions we take critique well. Just send Gil and email.

Originally posted by pod

Another closeted hip-hop fan? Your Mizdameanor threads and Escalade are being Fedexed over right now :)

hehe, I'm just having fun don't mind me.

rather be a closet hip-hop fan then a closet fag! P.S. hehe, I'm just having fun don't mind me:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: