Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who else gets scared in the fast lane ofthe 10 freeway?

weyes

aaaaaaaagggghhhhh :eek: !!! in both directions, between my house in downtown l.a. and my work in santa monica, i jump in the fast lane when i'm in a hurry. but the pavement has some uneven parts every so often that pick up my tires and steer them in another direction, making me almost go into the right lane or into the divider, which is really close. this scares the shit outta me :eek: , so i don't take the fast lane much, but this strikes me as very dangerous, and something that should be fixed.

does anyone else have this problem, or is it just my car, freaking out :confused: ?

that sounds scary :eek: funny storey the movie cluleless( i know its a gay movie) theres a part about drivin on the freeway and how they freak out b cause they accd. got on . I tell ya im from jersey and i went to La, went on the freeway. Can i tell u Iva never been more scared in my life :eek:. The rooads are not only bumpy, but they wind and twist and turn. the worst part is every 1 dose like 80 thats the slow lane. I cant image taking the fast lane with bumps:jawdrop: :jawdrop: and all those twist and turns!! When i come down there ill take the bus lol

The swells that trucks create are funny actually. If you take your hands off the wheel. You car will basically steer itself and stay in the lane.

When you are switching lanes. That could be ineteresting. Its like you fight to get over the first swell. But when you get over it. It almost pulls you into the lane.

By the way. Weyes... You seem like you have alot of driving issues... ;)

Originally posted by elementx

...By the way. Weyes... You seem like you have alot of driving issues... ;)

tell me about it :cuss: !!! let me just add that i'm really sick of streets without name signs. what street did i just pass, godammit??????!!!!!!!!

i took my car in to get a tune-up and address some issues just a few hours ago. the dude said i'd have to leave it overnight, so i just guessed there must be a way to get from downtown to santa monica by bus and said ok (turns out that there's a bus that's almost door-to-door, but takes an hour and a half instead of my 25 minutes, by car.).

when i called back about a half-hour ago, he told me that my spark plug/engine shake issue is a major-machine-shop type operation, and said he couldn't do a job like that properly. than he suggested that i trade it in for another used car.

i was flabbergasted :confused::eek::confused: . one of my cords keeps popping out of its hole, i thought, what's the big deal about putting it back?

"so, how much would this kind of thing cost?" i asked. and he gave me a roundabout figure of $2000. then he said he won't charge me the estimate because he can't do the work.

"you can just come get it in the morning," he said.

i don't really feel like searching for all of the appropriate smileys right now. i just don't know what to do, besides get a second opinion.

Originally posted by weyes

tell me about it :cuss: !!! let me just add that i'm really sick of streets without name signs. what street did i just pass, godammit??????!!!!!!!!

i took my car in to get a tune-up and address some issues just a few hours ago. the dude said i'd have to leave it overnight, so i just guessed there must be a way to get from downtown to santa monica by bus and said ok (turns out that there's a bus that's almost door-to-door, but takes an hour and a half instead of my 25 minutes, by car.).

when i called back about a half-hour ago, he told me that my spark plug/engine shake issue is a major-machine-shop type operation, and said he couldn't do a job like that properly. than he suggested that i trade it in for another used car.

i was flabbergasted :confused::eek::confused: . one of my cords keeps popping out of its hole, i thought, what's the big deal about putting it back?

"so, how much would this kind of thing cost?" i asked. and he gave me a roundabout figure of $2000. then he said he won't charge me the estimate because he can't do the work.

"you can just come get it in the morning," he said.

i don't really feel like searching for all of the appropriate smileys right now. i just don't know what to do, besides get a second opinion.

Hun. Be careful. Alot of mechanics take advantage. As if you didn't know. They told my land lord the same thing... See my landlord is about 75 years old. Has a 1989 Lincoln LSC with only 28,000 Original miles... :eek: I wish she would sell it to me. I love the LSC and with those miles... Anyway back to the story....

She took it to the mechanic because of a light coming on. They gave her the run around and told her that it would cost around $3,000 to fix that she was better off getting rid of the car. When I heard the story I told her to bring it to another mechanic. And reffered someone to her. The $3,000 repair was actually $700. And said that the job was not really hard at all. There was something wrong with the computer. I don't remember exactly what. But to make a long story short. The first mechanic gave her a high price most likely cause he wanted the car himself. And figured the high price would scare her into getting rid of it instead of fixing it...

So be careful and get a second opinion. Shit one of the wires could be shot which will definately cause your engine to shake. If it is running of less cylinders than it should be... :D

thanks, elementx :D .

as i said, it's a wire that keeps popping out of its hole that's making it shake. spark-plug-related, i believe; attached to the engine on top, then goes further into the belly of my car... do you know what i'm talking about? i'm assuming that the 3 wires going into 6 ports would have something to do with my car being a v6 :worry: ... these mechanics are saying that they'd need to re-thread whatever hole that is, 'cause it's jacked up.

i know veeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyy little about cars, as you can tell :blank: .

but i hafta take it somewhere else anyway; i have no choice. hopefully i'll get a different answer that i like better :) .

thanks, elementx :D .

as i said, it's a wire that keeps popping out of its hole that's making it shake. spark-plug-related, i believe; attached to the engine on top, then goes further into the belly of my car... do you know what i'm talking about? i'm assuming that the 3 wires going into 6 ports would have something to do with my car being a v6 :worry: ... these mechanics are saying that they'd need to re-thread whatever hole that is, 'cause it's jacked up.

i know veeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyy little about cars, as you can tell :blank: .

but i hafta take it somewhere else anyway; i have no choice. hopefully i'll get a different answer that i like better :) .

It might be the hole that the spark plug twists into. I don't think it would be the wire. Cause the wire is not threaded. Neither is the top of the spark plug. But the bottom of the spark plug screws into the block. And it should be 6 Wires going to 6 Spark plugs if it is a V6. What kind of car is it?

Definately take it some where else. Don't take this the wrong way. But bring a guy. Mechanics love to take advantage of women. Especially if they know you dont know anything about cars...

;) Good Luck Hun.

Originally posted by elementx

It might be the hole that the spark plug twists into. I don't think it would be the wire. Cause the wire is not threaded. Neither is the top of the spark plug. But the bottom of the spark plug screws into the block. And it should be 6 Wires going to 6 Spark plugs if it is a V6. What kind of car is it?

Definately take it some where else. Don't take this the wrong way. But bring a guy. Mechanics love to take advantage of women. Especially if they know you dont know anything about cars...

;) Good Luck Hun.

yes, i said it's not the wire, silly! read my post again; that was the general thing that i do understand.

it's a '91 toyota camry, and it's true that mechanics totally take advantage of women. problem is, the guys i know don't know anything about cars, either, and also aren't good bullshitters, either :( ! there's just no winning in this racket.

the guys who messed up my car in the first place last summer are "friends" of my roommate; they certainly weren't friends of mine :mad: . some connection :rolleyes: .

yes, i said it's not the wire, silly! read my post again; that was the general thing that i do understand.

it's a '91 toyota camry, and it's true that mechanics totally take advantage of women. problem is, the guys i know don't know anything about cars, either, and also aren't good bullshitters, either :( ! there's just no winning in this racket.

the guys who messed up my car in the first place last summer are "friends" of my roommate; they certainly weren't friends of mine :mad: . some connection :rolleyes: .

Sorry hun. Believe it or not I hate to read. So I think my problem stems from reading just a few lines. And trying to get the gist from just a few lines... MY BAD :D

• 2 weeks later...

You're a weeny, everytime I'm in Cali I take the rental car and do 95mph consistently up the 405/5. No seatbelt, no directional signals, cutting people off left and right.

You should try driving in Jersey for a little while.

PPsssssshhhhhhh!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

If there is a "re-thread" issue, the re-threading is not the difficult part. Its a small job that doesn't take long to work on, however the engine block needs to be taken apart. Thats where the damage comes into play. The time that it takes to basically dismantle the engine block and re-assemble it afterwards is what is going to cost you $$$. I think 2000 is a bit much. I work for an automotive company, so I will ask one of our Tech Training Instructors and get an estimate from them. This way you won't feel ripped off!

So don't let it ruin your weekend!!!

i grew up in anaheim and lived there till i was 14. never drove on the freeway though....hence i didnt have a liscense at this time......but honestly i think i would be scared. theres so many lanes and everyone goes fast. driving in nj seems so much easier.