Clubplanet Nightlife Community

a *REAL* cherri review

Originally posted by johnholmes

DID YOU EVER THINK I KEPT IGNORING YOUR POSTS ASKING THIS FOR A REASON :confused: I DIDNT ANSWER CAUSE I KNEW IT WOULD GET TO YOU WHICH IT OBVIOUSLY DID, PLUS IT DIDNT CONCERN YOU (I KNOW ITS A MESSAGEBOARD SO IT DOES). NOW AS FOR THOSE OTHER "PROMOTERS" THEY DONT BS (AS BAD) AND CONSTANTLY POST EVERY DAY ABOUT THEIR PARTIES. I HAVE POSTED THAT DEKO IS A FORMER SPANISH CLUB THE SIZE OF MY MASTER BEDROOM BEFORE. I SAID ALL ITS GOOD FOR IS HOT GIRLS SO DONT SAY I DONT BASH THEM EITHER. BUNKA HAS BEEN DONE NOW FOR WHAT 3 YRS :rolleyes: I MEAN COME ON BUNKA HAS BANDS NOW ON FRIDAY NIGHTS ARE YOU HAPPY I BASHED THEM 2 NOW. THEY JUST ODNT GO OVERBOARD WITH PROMOS EVERY DAY SO I DONT BOTHER THEM, DO I THINK THIS BOARD SHOULD HAVE ALL PROMOTIONS MOVED TO PROMOTIONS ABSOLUTELY.

I actually agree with you. But Ml2k1(which I think has excellent promoting skills) promotes on here more than anyone. You seem'd to single out Elite. And your basis for argument was the whole jersey board thing not the number of threads. Also , I never saw the Deko thing(sorry)So I had to beg the issue. But, you may have ignored me to drive me to post insanely to prove my point.........but who got who here? You wanna smack me for talking tough, its not tough talk.....its stubborn relentless driveing a point talk with an abbrasive crust. I do it well. And most people love me for it, but hey you're bound to make a few enimies here or there.

Listen, so we can end all this, after you smack me, at least by me a shot........deal?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen i am not trying to get involved wit this bullshit here but who really gives a shit what Joe plays as long as everyone is having a good time. If he plays classics and people are havin a good time, then so be it. I mean c'mon isn't that why we go out in the 1st place, to have a good time?

Originally posted by stiffler

I actually agree with you. But Ml2k1(which I think has excellent promoting skills) promotes on here more than anyone. You seem'd to single out Elite. And your basis for argument was the whole jersey board thing not the number of threads. Also , I never saw the Deko thing(sorry)So I had to beg the issue. But, you may have ignored me to drive me to post insanely to prove my point.........but who got who here? You wanna smack me for talking tough, its not tough talk.....its stubborn relentless driveing a point talk with an abbrasive crust. I do it well. And most people love me for it, but hey you're bound to make a few enimies here or there.

Listen, so we can end all this, after you smack me, at least by me a shot........deal?

OK DONE BUT IT JUST AMAZES ME HOW ITS ALWAYS THE LITTLE ONES TALKING SHIT ;) BY THE WAY DONT GET UPSET WHEN I GO TO CHERRY AGAIN AND THINK IT BLOWS I WILL BE POSTING HOW HORRIBLE IT IS.

Originally posted by thehype

Listen i am not trying to get involved wit this bullshit here but who really gives a shit what Joe plays as long as everyone is having a good time. If he plays classics and people are havin a good time, then so be it. I mean c'mon isn't that why we go out in the 1st place, to have a good time?

true dat.

OK DONE BUT IT JUST AMAZES ME HOW ITS ALWAYS THE LITTLE ONES TALKING SHIT ;) BY THE WAY DONT GET UPSET WHEN I GO TO CHERRY AGAIN AND THINK IT BLOWS I WILL BE POSTING HOW HORRIBLE IT IS.

In all seriousness.......its called "the little man complex".......but that doesn't mean over a "real" issue I would back down. Not over this shit. I have battled with so many people on this board over difference of opinions than ended up meeting and found them to be very cool and got along........

But, you really dont think its nice inside(even for a catering hall redecorated which I found out was true) I like it, and they expanded the vip room and it now looks like a lavish living room. Its really not that bad, youll see.

In all seriousness.......its called "the little man complex".......but that doesn't mean over a "real" issue I would back down. Not over this shit. I have battled with so many people on this board over difference of opinions than ended up meeting and found them to be very cool and got along........

But, you really dont think its nice inside(even for a catering hall redecorated which I found out was true) I like it, and they expanded the vip room and it now looks like a lavish living room. Its really not that bad, youll see.

I DONT BS I TOLD YOU IT WAS, ITS NOT HORRIBLE INSIDE. ITS MORE THE MUSIC HAS TO GO ITS OLD,PLAYED AND BORING. IM NOT SAYING I DONT LIKE A CLASSIC HERE AND THERE BUT THIS GUY REALLY NEEDS TO GET OUT MORE OFTEN AND HIT A RECORD STORE OR SOMETHING. I AM HARDLY A CLUB GOD OR ANYTHING BUT I DO KNOW MUSIC AND THIS SHIT HAS TO STOP IN NJ. THE ENDLESS BS PROMOTIONS ALSO NEEDS TO STOP MOST ON HERE DONT POST. THEY ARE JUST OBSERVERS LIKE I WAS BEFORE I DECIDED TO STATE WHAT I THOUGHT ABOUT CHERRI AND PEOPLE LAUGH AT THESE CLOWNS DUMB ASS PROMOTIONS AND HYPE ON THESE PLACES CAUSE THATS ALL THEY ARE. ITS THE SAME MORONS WHO R FRIENDS WITH THESE "PROMOTERS" ALSO WHO DEFEND THEM TO NO END.

Well you have to remember the "hype" is done to try and lure more poeple to come out. And i guess its false advertising but its done in every aspect of life. Look at Merge........in the beginning of the summer the place was not "sick" but it was posted every monday (and I know cause I was there-bounced back and forth between there and my personal favorite Tempts). And by the end of the summer the place was incredible. So the hyping works.

As for me I always post I had a good time because usually I do. I enjoy being with my friends and thats it. I also dont mind some of the more familiar songs..........so what, but I do understand what your saying.....

Hey, I know I said it earlier regarding the frat party at RS with Denny, but it was sick........Denny tore that place up. That was my first time at RS in a while and I was glad I went. But they have to do something with all those herbs(actually that is the Yuppie hoboken crowd)But upstairs it was all the familiar guido/clubbers............great night musically thats for sure.

You guys all talk about the music and how many new or old tracks were played, your really into the music and that's how you tend to judge a club. Me on the other hand..... I go to clubs to be with friends, meet new people;),dance, and drink. As a matter of fact after about 3 or 4 drinks the music just becomes the noise in the background of what ever else I'm trying to do. I'm pretty sure unless the music stopped all together I would never even notice what song was being played. I guess what I'm trying to say is lighten up, go out to have fun, not critque every damn song!!!

let me say i'm pissed off mike lost his job. hes a awesome dj but isn't connected to any promotion team. i know thats how the business is but you don't get rid of good dj because hes not you friend. my 2 cents on that matter.

also joe gio and i talked about his music selection and i told him about a month ago that he was killing us with classics. he told me and i understand that people like them at cherri. (godisadj was right not the hippest crowd). i also agree with godisadj that you have tyo play different songs each week. not the same classics every week. it does get boring. i'm sure joe wil correct this.

i wish they would throw down some new music becuse they do every other club and people dance. why is cherri that much different? nothing against anyone on here or assocciated with cherri but i do agree the music has to get newer then in sense it will get better.

good luck it will only get better!!!!!

Originally posted by thehype

Just to let you know, Joe did drop a few new trax on saturday

Billie Ray martin - Honey (tsettos mix)

Donne Deloren - The Hurting..this track is Bangin

Conjure one - Tears from the Moon (Rivera Mix)

thanks for the laugh. i needed that, i was having a bad day today.

Originally posted by djmikeloikith

how was the crowds reaction to "the hurting". when i played it everyone went home. lol. i should of played the relentless synths over it. :laugh:

YOU SOUND BITTER ITS NJ WHAT DO U EXPECT A BUNCH OF FUCKING CLUELESS MORONS WHO GO OUT. YOU KNOW THEY GO OUT FOR A GOOD TIME NOT TO HEAR GOOD MUSIC. BUT YOUR ABSOLUTELY RIGHT IT WILL NEVER CHANGE IN NJ TILL SOME PLACE OR OWNER IS WILLING TO LET IT CHANGE

Originally posted by technojesus

Lemme look into my "fresh beats" folder....

I'd go with Rain into Thats the Way Love Is into Coco Lee into Same script different ass dub...... hows that?! :laugh:

guaranteed to be a gagging experience dont ya think?

now if that isn't sicKKK i don't know what is. i think i would have to start screaming rippppppppppppppppp itttttt rayyyyyyyyy you sicKKKKKKKKKKKK fawKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!! i think it will start to catch on eventualy.

YOU SOUND BITTER ITS NJ WHAT DO U EXPECT A BUNCH OF FUCKING CLUELESS MORONS WHO GO OUT. YOU KNOW THEY GO OUT FOR A GOOD TIME NOT TO HEAR GOOD MUSIC. BUT YOUR ABSOLUTELY RIGHT IT WILL NEVER CHANGE IN NJ TILL SOME PLACE OR OWNER IS WILLING TO LET IT CHANGE

i was just about to post pretty much the same shit.. people in NJ for the most part dont know shit about shit.. until people start takin risks and club owners start lettin people play what they want.. nothing will change.. if all clubs let their djs play whatever.. do you think people would stop going?? no i think they would eventually get used to it.. but i doubt anything will change.. abyss/deko i think is the first place to start moving forward.. Mark Amatucci on fridays at Abyss is all progressive, tribal & tech.. last week was the first week and was a good turn out.. its in the lounge room for now but its def phat.. everywhere else on fridays sucks.. and saturdays there is Richie Santana at Deko.. spinning pretty much tribal.. and he does a great job week in and week out.. 2 good partys on 2 different nights

No one is asking NJ to become high profile state of the art NY/Ibiza clubs........people seem to be happy just going out and having a good time just like luvle02 said..........the music tends to become backround noise and for the people that spend there time critiquing(sp).......you have way too much wasted energy(yeah, i know.....I am one to talk) but hey.................if you dont like the Jersey scene, dont go out in Jersey............If you dont like Joe..........dont come to cherri.......if you dont like denny or richie.......get the point......................

No one is asking NJ to become high profile state of the art NY/Ibiza clubs........people seem to be happy just going out and having a good time just like luvle02 said..........the music tends to become backround noise and for the people that spend there time critiquing(sp).......you have way too much wasted energy(yeah, i know.....I am one to talk) but hey.................if you dont like the Jersey scene, dont go out in Jersey............If you dont like Joe..........dont come to cherri.......if you dont like denny or richie.......get the point......................

i wasnt rippin on anyones style.. but not everyone in NJ goes out just to get wasted and chill with their friends.. honestly i can go out anywhere and hang with my friends.. but when i go to a club i like to hear good muzik.. that is just me.. im picky like that.. if the muzik sucks i cant have a good time.. unless i get so shit faced i dont know where i am.. lol

Morillo turned out Deko not too long ago actually... bout time some real DJ's got into this cheese-ridden scene and broke ground for some real parties to start!

oh yes he did ray. i can't believe i didn't see you there. definitely come on friday to abyss. bro you won't hear one commercial track and that is a fact. they are letting him spin however the fuck you want. kid goes record shopping at least once a week, unlike majority of these dj's these days. that is my biggest pet peve. people getting paid to spin and not buying vinyl. or going once every three months and spending like 50 bucks on muzik....lol. anyways, hope to see you there ray.

p.s. maybe john holmes should check out this party. i bet he would love it.

Morillo turned out Deko not too long ago actually... bout time some real DJ's got into this cheese-ridden scene and broke ground for some real parties to start!

yeah and supposedly everyone liked him.. the owner really liked him as well.. he is comming back very soon.. i missed him the first time.. but i heard he played some older stuff but mixed it up very nicely and it was very well programmed.. i will be check him out next time around

:laugh: :laugh: same words out of everyones mouth about nj. it will never change. john holmes ive said exactly what uve said 1000 times. dont worry my friends nor myself dont hit up any nj clubs.