Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how to pronounce my screenname

weyes

well, i'd say that only 1 out of 10 people get it without my having to explain it. i guess it could be interpreted as "we-yes," meaning that "we all" (whoever that is) are a group of positive people, but that's kind of odd :blank: . so here i am, to clear up any confusion :aright: .

it's pronounced "wise," as in wisdom. this is why i have had a series of owls as my avatar :) . i spell it the way i do because it is:

w + eyes eyes3.gif

it is often - though not always - through observation that one acquires wisdom; that's where the eyes come in.

the "wisdom of the day" column on the l.a. board is only titled as such 'cause i'm a tongue-in-cheek kinda gal; i do not profess to be wiser than the rest :D .

Originally posted by weyes

well, i'd say that only 1 out of 10 people get it without my having to explain it. i guess it could be interpreted as "we-yes," meaning that "we all" (whoever that is) are a group of positive people, but that's kind of odd :blank: . so here i am, to clear up any confusion :aright: .

it's pronounced "wise," as in wisdom. this is why i have had a series of owls as my avatar :) . i spell it the way i do because it is:

w + eyes eyes3.gif

it is often - though not always - through observation that one acquires wisdom; that's where the eyes come in.

the "wisdom of the day" column on the l.a. board is only titled as such 'cause i'm a tongue-in-cheek kinda gal; i do not profess to be wiser than the rest :D .

So much work...lol I like the meaning though...:)

Originally posted by dgmodel

what does tongue in cheek mean???

joking in an ironic fashion :D . let me also provide a definition of "irony", since i don't seem to know anyone who knows what that means :D :

the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning.

that's just one use of the word "irony", but the correct one that goes along with "tongue-in-cheek" :aright: .

all of this is to say that, when i write my "wisdom", i'm not delivering anything i think should be taken as any kind of gospel :laugh::D .