Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Robbie Rivera Review @ Exit & Pics

Was a little hesitant because im not an exit fan but, I

Got there at 2:00 just as Robbie got on and was introduced by Anthony Lamont (My Favorite Queen)! It was my first time at Exit in more than a year and change, the crowd was filled with young-ins (Holla Back,Whoop Whoop) but they all behaved themselves! Robbies set was pretty FIERCE! Crowd was bumpin till around 5:30 when the place seemed to empty out! Robbie Spun 2-6 great set! The Exit dancers did their little show (See Pics Below) pretty cool! Not too many people there either, they never opened the second floor, very sparce crowd!

Set Re Cap (The Ones I Remember Off The Top Of My Head)

Sex

Feel This

Heavy Soul 2

Super Model DJs

Hum Melody

Come Into My World

Hypnotize

Widelife- 6 Feet Under

Pete Heller & Tedd Patterson- Big Room Drama

And Closed With

Layo & Bushwacka- Love Story (With Julie Mc Knight Finally Acapella over it)

(and a ton more but I cant remember right now)

ALL IN ALL

The Crowd Sucked Dident Seem Like Many People Were Feelin It!

The Music Was Awsome!

Thats My Review!Hope Ya Like The Pics!

Originally posted by xpander

I can tell he's happy to see you guys. :laugh:

He was really cool, but I don't think he had a good time (pic was taken after his set) because one of Junior's goons kicked him out of the booth at 6! I think he was a little miffed and wanted to spin longer!

What! They kicked him off at 4!!??? Wow, so he spun for like 2 hours then???? I was there from like 1 to 3:45. I thought Rivera did well, although nobody, myself included seemed to responding at all. The crowd was sooo hot, by far the best looking females I've ever seen in that place. When he came on, everybody went nuts, but then when he started playing no one cared. I think the whole concept of RR went over better than his actual music. I was tired and in a bad mood so I left early, and skipped out on Arc. A blah kind of night.

Originally posted by mattm2o

He was really cool, but I don't think he had a good time (pic was taken after his set) because one of Junior's goons kicked him out of the booth at 6! I think he was a little miffed and wanted to spin longer!

I thought Junior did let robbie spin longer and who were these goons?. Junior's time to go on was 6am and he let robbie spin till 7.45 .or did someone go on in the guest booth

after robbie ? maybe because that guy in the pic was def. not spining after 6 am.

I got there at like 5 and there was no energy in that place at all. The music was good but the sound was low almost seemed that robbie wanted out of there.

Did anyone stay for Junior ? He Kicked ass today!!

I don't know who came on after Robbie but he was pretty good he opened with Dolce- Sorrow, I caught about a half hour of his set. (Sorry that I called him one of Juniors Goons)

I do not think Robbie had a good time at all!

oh that must have been Rubin i thought it was robbie i really dident look to good. You should have stayed for Junior he played some sick beats all day.

I don't know who came on after Robbie but he was pretty good he opened with Dolce- Sorrow, I caught about a half hour of his set. (Sorry that I called him one of Juniors Goons)

I do not think Robbie had a good time at all!

i think that was a kid named mike brew..

parties till 4-5 on a regular basis?! damn!

i heard that there is some 'special' event night coming up for juniors party... is it this coming sunday? i would love to drop in for one of the parties there when i dont have much to do monday, if i dont end up at factory

:)

Originally posted by earthling

whats up! it all depends on the party most weeks 4-5 some go till midnight some later. When are ya comming to party?!

Hmm......that might be a good look President's day! Go straight from there to Vinyl for Danny and Saeed and Palash!! :rock::eek:

I'll definitely let you know!

All in all I had a good time. Saw some friends and it was fun. Rivera's set was ok........nothing stellar but decent. Otherwise though the place is a fat ripoff......20 bucks for two mixed drinks in lil dixie glasses......plus the 35 to get in. I mean i know it's NYC but gimme a break. Second floor was closed.....probably cause it was half empty. One more thing..........the sound is total garbage. My ears were tooting away when I left there. It's loud but too unclear and it echos........they really need to work on that. Didn't know what to expect b/c it's been over two yrs........but I don't think I'll be back for a while. Just too much money for too little.

haven't been to exit in about 3 years but really like Rivera so I decided to go.......Rivera was great I just wish the crowd was different.....left at 5 to go to SF ..... Exit just isn't the same AT ALL will not go back there imo

second time I have seen rivera and i don't understand why the crowd is never really into him....?? i just like his style

Originally posted by apotheosis

hey Matt! I was dancing next to you sayin "why the hell is this guy taking so many pics!?"

now i know why -LOL

yeah really good set. actually not opening the 2nd floor was the smartest thing i've seen Exit do.

I don't know but since Ive gotten my new camera ive been taking pics non stop! I look like one of those stereotypical Japanese Tourists (Even though Im Not Japanese)!