Clubplanet Nightlife Community

chex mix is wack!

weyes

gotcha, vic :tongue: !!!

:D

actually, i wanna ask you how you make it. now there are all these pre-made ones, but i know there used to be a recipe for some kind of chex mix, back in the day. do you know it and use it, or do you just buy the newfangled bagged ones?

Originally posted by vicman

i buy the already made ones. honey nut is the way to go. :)

that's kinda disappointing; i wanted the recipe that's in the commercial of the woman watching old family home movies that have shots of her making chex mix, as a child. d'ya know where i could find it, vic :) ?

and i've only had the morning mix, with the cranberries/raisins, or whatever. i didn't like the dried fruit in it.

okay- so first you take some butter and you melt it. add some soy sauce, worchestershire, some garlic powder,onion powder, and if you like it hot, some cayenne. now, in a big bowl, pour your chex (corn, rice and wheat) add some nuts (peanuts, cashews, whatever) and some pretzels, and some melba toast pieces, add your butter mixture, stirring as you pour to evenly coat the chex an stuff. spread this out onto a sheet pan and bake it at 300 or sofor like a 1/2 hour or until dry and crunchy.mmmmmmmm....and stir it every once in a while so it cooks evenly.thats it.

i dont know any exact measurments, it depends on how much youre makin,just play with it some. bon appetit.

thanks, hedonictonic!!!

wow - i went to the website, and there are sooo many recipes for so many things. they even have recipes in a "meal" category, and lots of stuff they consider "mexican" :shaky: . did you know about "chex-mex" cuisine, vic :laugh2: ?