Clubplanet Nightlife Community

whats up with soulseek?????

Originally posted by brooklynkid

I fear the RIAA has got them.:(

a campaign of people wrote to them threatening legal action about copyright infringement. They are shut down and trying to transfer to offshore servers, basically to operate in a shadier distributed manner like Kazaa

Got this from another message board.

Striaght from the top. . . . .

Over the last couple days many users have complaied about not being able to connect to the soulseek network, or even their website. Some people fear that Soulseek may have gone the way of the buffalo. Well nothing could be further from the truth. I contacted the developer of soulseek earlier to get the low-down on whats going on.

steve says: Hey, I've had several users e-mail me and msg me on AIM/MSN asking if Soulseek was down, since a lot of users seem to be having problems connecting to the network. Was wondering if ya could tell me whats up so i can have something to tell them other than "i dont know, check back later to see if we find anything out"

Nir Says: Yeah, it's gonna be down for about three days. We're switching providers

Originally posted by barvybe

you know there ARE valid uses for file sharing other than "stealing" music and violating copyrights.

for example, there are tons of live sets that have never been released by any labels that you SHOULD be able to share legally.

true. thats the main reason i even use p2ps. you can find a crapload of live sets you wouldnt be able to find elsewhere

Originally posted by nifer

true. thats the main reason i even use p2ps. you can find a crapload of live sets you wouldnt be able to find elsewhere

me too. i need a bigger harddrive or one for just music... everytime i go on soulseek i download a gig or 2 of live sets