Clubplanet Nightlife Community

did exit get shutdown tonight?

who in their right mind would open a club in this atmosphere. just to get shut down....shit will just start going underground...look at the old prohibition days of NYC. Supposedly this was Exit's second chance. But they did give an invasive pat down. what else can they do?

Originally posted by nafania

do you realize there will be NOWHERE to go anymore (my be Vynil once in while --and thats it ?!? ) ???

They gonna make New York some Hicksville with one shitty pub!!

wow.............you know so little

The best places aren't SF, Exit, or vinyl....those are the most well known.

Originally posted by zeeker

niether club?

I mean, thats a big part of NYC nightlife right there, love those clubs or hate them. I can't picture both places never opening up again. Who knows though. We'll find out.

Zeek, people prolly said the same things about twilo,tunnel, and Limelight.

while this is true, you need to look at the whole picture. were are all these people going to go now?..............not the place you go to, oh no they will never find another place to go. they will just stay home.

Originally posted by djjonstephen

wow.............you know so little

The best places aren't SF, Exit, or vinyl....those are the most well known.

Originally posted by mattm2o

Its not the Mayor, Bloomberg is PRO Night Club! its the police dept, Bloomberg is an Entertainment and Media mogul thats how he made his money so he pro NIGHT LIFE, this has nothing to do with him it has to do with people that do STUPID SHIT!

I wouldnt go that far. As a press conference on an unrealted topic (somethign to do with drugs tho) he mentioned that his administration was going to go after 'quality of life issues' such as nightclubs that 'destroy the neighiborhoods they are built in' and do his best to push them out of the city.' He might own a large media company but believe me he does not allow his interestests to get in the way of his running the city. Take for instance the HOV restrictions when there were talks of a transit strike- when Mayor Rudy was putting HOV restrictions in place after 9/11 any essential personal with proper media/press identification could travel into and out of the city alone- when mike was going to do it, he did not add that exception to the rule- now consider that all those news vans you see only have a crew of 2 on them- he expected these people to pick up strangers and let them in a vehicle with abotu $4 million worth of electionics in it and give them rides....YA RITE.

I an SO displeased with this mayor its not even funny- and I dont even live in NY!!

bern