Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What really happened with Exit / Sound Factory / Arena

i though i would post this since my emailbox just got overfilled with questions about this

these clubs did not close because of terror threats or anything like that it was due to a police raid last night on a number of places along with a lot of drug and underage drinking evidnce that the pigs gathered over the past year (sound factory, exit, and arena were not the only ones that were raided there were over a dozen in ny and nj last night) but i won't mension the others since they are not being shut down yet i don't wanna start any rumors

arena will most likely stay open, sound factory is uncertain as of now, exit however is most likely done for a while since there was the most drug evidence on it

now my thoughts on this are:

a lot of people especially djs who lost their jobs are blaming all the e heads for this and while i understand why i don't agree with this. without the drugs these clubs wouldn't last a month drugs are what brings 2/3 the crowd through the door and its the way it will always be people just tend to like house music a lot more when they're high. i also think shutting down clubs for that is retarted theres no way that will stop drug dealing or usage people will go elsewhere to do it its much better to have them doing drugs in a controlled environment with doctors etc standing by (i don't do drugs myself when i go to clubs by the way)

so in conclusion i'm as pissed as anyone about this probably more because i've worked with all of these clubs for a while and them shutting down cost me about 25% of my income but i think dumb laws and police stupidity should be blamed for this not the patrons or the club staff

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ITS SAD TO SAY IT BUT I AGREE WITH U ABOUT 2/3 OF THE PEOPLE WHO GO TO CLUBS ARE ON DRUGS IT SICKENS ME THAT PEOPLE DONT KNOW HOW TO ENJOY MUSIC SOBER THE SCENE HAS BEEN IN A SLUMP FOR A WHILE BUT NOW I DONT KNOW IF ANY INTERNATIONAL DJS WOULD WANT TO SPIN HERE CAUSE OF THIS

ITS EMBARRASSING

Originally posted by drunkhunk

ITS SAD TO SAY IT BUT I AGREE WITH U ABOUT 2/3 OF THE PEOPLE WHO GO TO CLUBS ARE ON DRUGS IT SICKENS ME THAT PEOPLE DONT KNOW HOW TO ENJOY MUSIC SOBER THE SCENE HAS BEEN IN A SLUMP FOR A WHILE BUT NOW I DONT KNOW IF ANY INTERNATIONAL DJS WOULD WANT TO SPIN HERE CAUSE OF THIS

ITS EMBARRASSING

capslock.gif

sorry...had to do it!:D

Originally posted by AlexGNcw

these clubs did not close because of terror threats or anything like that it was due to a police raid last night on a number of places along with a lot of drug and underage drinking evidnce that the pigs gathered

. . You lost all credibility with that statement . . .

Originally posted by danwilson

...if Exit is closed down for a year, I can guarantee you, Marvisi will move the Exit party to the Limelight on Friday and Saturday.

This would seem like the most logical thing to do. Although, who knows about their financial standing over there. But, it seems to make sense.

I totaly agree with you. The best clubs have redic amounts of drugs in them it has always been like that. If people are complaining that they losing money or a job because of the drug users. Well its the drug users that have supported these people for your entire time in the nyc club scene. If it wasn't for them none of them would of even had jobs or any money in the begining. These people need to stop bithcing nobody is happy about what happened....

If you can't keep a business open without dealing in illegal drugs and you get your ass busted, that's YOUR problem, that's your PATRONS' problem.

You're blaming cops for doing their jobs? And yet idiots who run around getting loaded on pills and bumping K in the public is completely innocent. Who are you trying to kid?

its acceptable in clubs though its one thing to pop e in a restaurant and another to do it in sound factory cause in sf 2/3 the crowd is doing it too they don't effect people outside unlike when they do it elsewhere

drugs in clubs should just be legal and people who have a problem with that should stay out

its acceptable in clubs though its one thing to pop e in a restaurant and another to do it in sound factory cause in sf 2/3 the crowd is doing it too they don't effect people outside unlike when they do it elsewhere

drugs in clubs should just be legal and people who have a problem with that should stay out

Since when did the confines of a club become enchantedhappylegalnarcoticfairyland where all drug use became magically legal?

Drugs are illegal, deal with it. You want to not get busted for doing it? Here's an idea, HIDE IT!!!

If you're running about dropping pills and snorting shit for everyone to see and the clubs get busted for it? IT'S YOUR OWN FUCKING FAULT.

nothing against lime light i mean it was the first nyc club i've ever been to but its shit compared to exit + it has 1/5 the capacity theres no way it can replace it.

Alex, The Limelight would replace it for as long as Exit is closed. Right now at the Limelight, there is no party on Friday or Saturday. Since Marvisi owns the Limelight, it would make perfect sense for him to move it there.

(sound factory, exit, and arena were not the only ones that were raided there were over a dozen in ny and nj last night)

there were 2 clubs in nj i know this because i work with them and my friends were there last night they were raided by nj state police

and about the limelight idea yes it makes sense but lime light can't fit the amount of people that attend exit every week

nothing against lime light i mean it was the first nyc club i've ever been to but its shit compared to exit + it has 1/5 the capacity theres no way it can replace it

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: clueless rookie, u must be 20. to bad u didnt experience limelight in its heyday of 93/94

and about the limelight idea yes it makes sense but lime light can't fit the amount of people that attend exit every week

to bad your clueless about limelight cause they have an agreement with the locals to only operate certain hours a week, hence y they only have a sun party. so unless something is changed with the neighbors its not happening

Originally posted by danwilson

wakeup, your clueless. The Limelight when it first reopened was open on Friday with Eddie Baez as the DJ. No one showed, thats why it closed. I can guarantee you 100 percent, this Exit party will be moved the Limelight if Exit is closed for a year.

:laugh: :laugh: right dan. just like u told me goin back somethig about sf ownership and richard when it moved to 46st. cluesless,u still sweating corbett cause he has a new track :laugh: :laugh:

i though i would post this since my emailbox just got overfilled with questions about this

these clubs did not close because of terror threats or anything like that it was due to a police raid last night on a number of places along with a lot of drug and underage drinking evidnce that the pigs gathered over the past year (sound factory, exit, and arena were not the only ones that were raided there were over a dozen in ny and nj last night) but i won't mension the others since they are not being shut down yet i don't wanna start any rumors

arena will most likely stay open, sound factory is uncertain as of now, exit however is most likely done for a while since there was the most drug evidence on it

now my thoughts on this are:

a lot of people especially djs who lost their jobs are blaming all the e heads for this and while i understand why i don't agree with this. without the drugs these clubs wouldn't last a month drugs are what brings 2/3 the crowd through the door and its the way it will always be people just tend to like house music a lot more when they're high. i also think shutting down clubs for that is retarted theres no way that will stop drug dealing or usage people will go elsewhere to do it its much better to have them doing drugs in a controlled environment with doctors etc standing by (i don't do drugs myself when i go to clubs by the way)

so in conclusion i'm as pissed as anyone about this probably more because i've worked with all of these clubs for a while and them shutting down cost me about 25% of my income but i think dumb laws and police stupidity should be blamed for this not the patrons or the club staff

You are one of the stupidest people I have come across in my entire life....Making drugs legal in clubs....Blaming the cops.....Wake the fuck up.....If you cant go out without getting fucked up then you dont deserve shit....I'm actually glad SF/Exit got shut down so idiots like you can go out of business....