Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What really happened with Exit / Sound Factory / Arena

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

making drugs legal in clubs is not stupid at all if you think about it no matter how many clubs you shut down drugs won't go away but isn't it safer to have people do drugs in a club with security and medics nearby then at some house party where no one will even notice that someone od till the next day

Originally posted by danwilson

Wakeup, no you told me, you can never start a club using a classic name. I said tell that to Richard Grant. He took the name Sound Factory in 1995 and used it to start the new Sound Factory club in a different location.

yes but there was something else to it i forget and can care less

Originally posted by AlexGNcw

making drugs legal in clubs is not stupid at all if you think about it no matter how many clubs you shut down drugs won't go away but isn't it safer to have people do drugs in a club with security and medics nearby then at some house party where no one will even notice that someone od till the next day

yes agree this way i wont have to hide my crack pipe and black tar heroin anymore when i go out

Dude, I'd very much like to justify the whole drugs in clubs idea. But the shit you're posting is some of the dumber shit I've read on this board.

For real! That's where all the RAVE acts are coming from, they claim the clubs are modern-day and "upscale" crackhouses. I've seen a lot of cracked out folk gnawing on pacifiers and staring all retarded at glowsticks at Exit but this was a while ago. Imagine what the undercovers saw!

HEY DANWILSON YOUR INFO IS BULLSHYT..LEARN YOUR INFO BEFORE YOU TALK..IM ONE OF THE TOP GUYS WHO WORK AT EXIT AND IM NOT GOING 2 MENTION MY NAME B\C I DONT HAVE 2. BUT FOR YOUR INFO LIMELIGHT IS NOT ALLOWED 2 DO 18 AND OVER..SO STOP TALKING LIKE YOU KNOW YOUR SHYT. BECAUSE YOU ARE A FLAPPER. SO KEEP YOUR OPINONS TO YOURSELF. PEACE

nothing against lime light i mean it was the first nyc club i've ever been to but its shit compared to exit + it has 1/5 the capacity theres no way it can replace it

Limelight is/was not shit compared to Exit... Nothing is shit comared to Exit... Especially if your comparing the actual space of Exit and the L... The fact that L is much smaller then Exit means. nothing.. size means nothjing.. such as Vinyl, one of the smallest clubs i can think of yet look at its success, and all the great parties it has held.. Then theres exit.. i never really liked it myself.. cuz its rather too large, and never had a good time there.. And the vast amoount of criticizem from so many poeple.. anyway, limelgiht's space was one of the most orignal, and beautifully created space.. just my 2 cents

Originally posted by mikecp2

HEY DANWILSON YOUR INFO IS BULLSHYT..LEARN YOUR INFO BEFORE YOU TALK..IM ONE OF THE TOP GUYS WHO WORK AT EXIT AND IM NOT GOING 2 MENTION MY NAME B\C I DONT HAVE 2. BUT FOR YOUR INFO LIMELIGHT IS NOT ALLOWED 2 DO 18 AND OVER..SO STOP TALKING LIKE YOU KNOW YOUR SHYT. BECAUSE YOU ARE A FLAPPER. SO KEEP YOUR OPINONS TO YOURSELF. PEACE

LOL.. so your one of the sub-promoter's flier distributor huh? But for your info... MOST of limelight's were 18.. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays...

Originally posted by danwilson

mikecp2, I never said anything about 18 and over. I said, if Exit closes for a long time, they will move the Exit party to the Limelight. It doesn't matter if the new party will be 18 and over or 21 and over, there moving it to the Limelight.

i concur......... limelight is the proper and only place the party can move to.. and it doenst matter if it can fit Exits crew in there.. poeple = money = bussiness = better then no revenue from exit

Has this thread been reduced to a debate about the legality of drugs? Sure, we all have our opinions about it, but the fact is that they are illegal in our society today, and generally (and quite sadly and ignorantly) drug users are looked down upon by the 'majority'. They tried to legalize weed in Nevada last year and the ballot lost by a landslide. This is Nevada.. same place where prostitution is legal now, so if they didn't pass it there, I don't think it's looking too good anywhere in America anytime soon. We all have something to say about drugs.. those who use it are obviously gonna say that drugs are cool... those that used to use it, or refuse to try it.. well they're probably gonna look down on it. Honestly, I just wish we could all stop judging each other. I personally wish that drugs were legalized because the current system is a complete and utter failure. Why is everyone on Alex's ass about suggesting that drugs become legal? If you don't agree then suggest an alternative, but tossing out random insults like "that's the dumbest thing I've ever read" doesn't help the debate.. it just breeds hatred and insult. Why do that? Just my two cents.

Originally posted by grtstprtyevr

Has this thread been reduced to a debate about the legality of drugs? Sure, we all have our opinions about it, but the fact is that they are illegal in our society today, and generally (and quite sadly and ignorantly) drug users are looked down upon by the 'majority'. They tried to legalize weed in Nevada last year and the ballot lost by a landslide. This is Nevada.. same place where prostitution is legal now, so if they didn't pass it there, I don't think it's looking too good anywhere in America anytime soon. We all have something to say about drugs.. those who use it are obviously gonna say that drugs are cool... those that used to use it, or refuse to try it.. well they're probably gonna look down on it. Honestly, I just wish we could all stop judging each other. I personally wish that drugs were legalized because the current system is a complete and utter failure. Why is everyone on Alex's ass about suggesting that drugs become legal? If you don't agree then suggest an alternative, but tossing out random insults like "that's the dumbest thing I've ever read" doesn't help the debate.. it just breeds hatred and insult. Why do that? Just my two cents.

Legalizing drugs would not solve any of the problems with the current system....You think that if made E legal than people would stop dropping 10 pills in a night???....Give me a break....

Originally posted by nycmuzik

In other words, you want clubs to become crackhouses...I'm having a hard time believing you dont do drugs.....

as you might've realized i run an advertising service for night clubs and the crackheads make me a lot more money then sober people cause there're a lot more of them i think drugs are bad but people should have a place to do them and what better place then clubs where they are already

Originally posted by grtstprtyevr

um, have you read what he has posted? That drugs should be legalized in clubs! Seeing as they're illegal now, and what goes on, what would clubs turn into if they legalized drugs???? I am not one to look down upon anyone for drug use, I would be a hypocrite if I did. But I go to clubs, first and formost, because I am obsessed with music. Behind that reason, is the fact that I have met some amazing people out, and I love seeing them every week. My Friday/Saturday night out, is my time to just be myself, and have fun. If drugs were to be legalized, it would no longer be about the music, or the vibe, or dancing, it would be about consumption of drugs, and kids would go just for the sake of doing them, and everything that is so great about being in a club you love, would get thrown out the window.

Originally posted by zeeker

If drugs were to be legalized, it would no longer be about the music, or the vibe, or dancing, it would be about consumption of drugs, and kids would go just for the sake of doing them, and everything that is so great about being in a club you love, would get thrown out the window.

If drugs were legalized all that would happen is that the economic and social demand that already exists among a large subculture of people would be legally satisfied, instead of resorting to the corrupt and useless system today that prevents nobody from drug consumption. If there is a demand for a drug-free club then there will always exist a drug-free club. Look at the one legal drug in our society.. alcohol. There are a lot of people that enjoy drinking when they go out... As such there are a lot of bars/clubs that make money off of meeting this demand. But then there's a place like Arc... a nightclub that doesn't serve alcohol. I'm sure some people go to Arc after huge pregame sessions, but the majority of its clientele are there for the music. That's their theme, that's the crowd they attract. My point is that legalizing drugs would only give those that use them a safe and enjoyable environment. It wouldn't impose on those that don't enjoy doing drugs. You'll never see a pothead telling an alcoholic to get out of his face...

as you might've realized i run an advertising service for night clubs and the crackheads make me a lot more money then sober people cause there're a lot more of them i think drugs are bad but people should have a place to do them and what better place then clubs where they are already

Drugs + Clubs = Them being shut down sooner or later

Clubs being shut down + Your business = You making no money

:blank:

What on earth are you saying? 95% of the clubs in NY are not heavily filled with drugs... Hence only 5% are filled with drugs... SF, Exit, Vinyl are basicly your top venues for drug use... then Almost THE REST OF THE CLUBS in NY are based on DRINKing alchohal... Like, Float, Saci, Park, Gustavinos, B52 to name a small percentage of clubs that do NOT need crack heads or drugs curculating in there parties to attract poeple to go there parties.. THere are so many more places that are filled with drinkers then there are drug users... Therefore i dont see how drugged heads make more money for you promoters.. And do you honestly think clubs ACTUALY want drugs in there venues? NOT AT ALL.. WHy? Cuz that attracts too much attention from the police amongst other investigations, poeple overdosing etc... And why on earth do you think you get searched for? FOr weapons and drugs.. but why would they confiscate your drugs if they supposedly want drugs in the clubs? ....