Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Info on SF.....

And we cant control what the kids do or in what condition they come in, we have to run a business as well. as long as we dont allow it being done in our club and i'm not saying that we do catch every kid that is in the club dealing or doing drugs, because it is a fairly large club with a lot of kids and its possible to have people slip by us.

You should say 'the only peple that slip by 'us' are the 200 or so sober people in our club'.

The above statement is total BS. I went to the Factory by myself one Sunday morning back in December when I was visiting my brother adn what I saw when I first walked in stunned me (both in a bad and a good way - how's that for irony?). Many people that I talked to while I was there bragged to me, a total stranger, what they had taken, etc...

I got there Sunday at 3:30 AM and 8 out 10 people were relatively to EXTREMELY fucked up. Illegal drug 'use' is one thing, but 'abuse' is another. It was so obvious from the moment I walked out into the second floor after paying cover charge and walking up the stairs that for 5 out 10 people SF is ONLY about a disgusting excess of drug 'use' and drug 'abuse' (the other 3 people are using, not abusing drugs for example). The vibe and the actions of 80% of the people there were UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE especially to me, a 'new-jack' from Denver, CO. On another note I had an incredible time and not for one second of the 4.5 hours I was there was I sober either.

It's just too much 'illegal activity'. There's limits. SF could only look the other way for so long before the NYPD and The Mayor got tired of that 'slap in the face' to them so to speak. Now SF is paying the price. Also do you actually think that the NYPD doesn't know that recreational, illegal drug use amongst its inhabitants out in public is probably only second to Miami? It's NYC for God's sake! The NYPD and The Mayor are only going to go after the most blatant offenders where the most, the easiest and best evidence for their case can be collected. If illegal drug use in and of itself was the issue, then they would go after 7 or 8 out of 10 bars/clubs/lounges in NYC, but they know they can't possibly do that. They went for the blatant offenders which were also the easist kills.

It's very simple.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just stating my opinion....

you know what..i feel like everyone is arguing back and forth about who is in deeper shit..factory or exit and trying to back up it up by all past things that were done. granted everyone is intitled to their own opinion...but what you are saying on this message board is not going to change when factory or exit are gonna be opened again..the NYPD and the courts will make that decesion. you are only making other people on the board annoyed. there is nothing we can do...we just gotta sit back and wait and see.

this is irrelevant but i was just wondering what you did when you worked at factory plasmiksf

also...when did someone die at factory?

i was there the night when that kid fell to the dance floor..scary stuff can be seen there.

Originally posted by berniec

Your right on the year, your dead wrong about everything else- as taken from the press release, which you can view on the NYC web site

"The nightclub was previously the subject of a nuisance abatement action, in September 2000. After extensive negotiations with the club owners at that time, Exit was allowed to operate after club management agreed to institute numerous anti-drug policies, including hiring an independent private-sector inspector general, or IPSIG, to monitor and report on club activities. The IPSIG agreement covered a nine-month

period, from October 2001 to June 2002."

Hopefully that will set you straight, and indeed exit is in much hotter water then factory is.

Bernie

don't even bother typing anymore to this person.. Hes been to factory twice, decided he didn't like it and thinks he knows all the politics that go down with the place when its just that he doesn't like it period....

Originally posted by pyrrosdimas

You should say 'the only peple that slip by 'us' are the 200 or so sober people in our club'.

The above statement is total BS. I went to the Factory by myself one Sunday morning back in December when I was visiting my brother adn what I saw when I first walked in stunned me (both in a bad and a good way - how's that for irony?). Many people that I talked to while I was there bragged to me, a total stranger, what they had taken, etc...

I got there Sunday at 3:30 AM and 8 out 10 people were relatively to EXTREMELY fucked up. Illegal drug 'use' is one thing, but 'abuse' is another. It was so obvious from the moment I walked out into the second floor after paying cover charge and walking up the stairs that for 5 out 10 people SF is ONLY about a disgusting excess of drug 'use' and drug 'abuse' (the other 3 people are using, not abusing drugs for example). The vibe and the actions of 80% of the people there were UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE especially to me, a 'new-jack' from Denver, CO. On another note I had an incredible time and not for one second of the 4.5 hours I was there was I sober either.

It's just too much 'illegal activity'. There's limits. SF could only look the other way for so long before the NYPD and The Mayor got tired of that 'slap in the face' to them so to speak. Now SF is paying the price. Also do you actually think that the NYPD doesn't know that recreational, illegal drug use amongst its inhabitants out in public is probably only second to Miami? It's NYC for God's sake! The NYPD and The Mayor are only going to go after the most blatant offenders where the most, the easiest and best evidence for their case can be collected. If illegal drug use in and of itself was the issue, then they would go after 7 or 8 out of 10 bars/clubs/lounges in NYC, but they know they can't possibly do that. They went for the blatant offenders which were also the easist kills.

It's very simple.

Ok, its easy for you to quote and speak your mind on this, but you dont know how it is to run a business like soundfactory, you only think you know and you say by what you go by, but the truth is that you open up an after hours club, what kind of scene do you think you are going to get, just music lovers, i dont think so, your gonna get the kids who like to party. And the majority of the people that we apparently get are kids who like to mess with G, which can make you look all mangled and f**ked up. So go on and preach what you think about all this, but you wouldnt be speaking if you knew how it is in the inside, none of you do, your so easy and quick to sh*t talk about the place before knowing true facts.

Originally posted by sfgirl21

just stating my opinion....

you know what..i feel like everyone is arguing back and forth about who is in deeper shit..factory or exit and trying to back up it up by all past things that were done. granted everyone is intitled to their own opinion...but what you are saying on this message board is not going to change when factory or exit are gonna be opened again..the NYPD and the courts will make that decesion. you are only making other people on the board annoyed. there is nothing we can do...we just gotta sit back and wait and see.

this is irrelevant but i was just wondering what you did when you worked at factory plasmiksf

also...when did someone die at factory?

i was there the night when that kid fell to the dance floor..scary stuff can be seen there.

That kid did not die, you got the nights confused. The night that someone died at the club, no one was aware that the kid was dead, he was just sitting somewhere and i guess had overdosed and no one apparently noticed it, until someone from security went to try and wake him up.

I still work for Soundfactory, and i work in the offices of soundfactory, but on the weekends i work doing almost about everything.

Originally posted by girly

don't even bother typing anymore to this person.. Hes been to factory twice, decided he didn't like it and thinks he knows all the politics that go down with the place when its just that he doesn't like it period....

seriously, get a fucking life..

you started clubbing like 2 years ago and sit here trying to talk shit.. i bet you weren't even there before they added the 4th floor and catwalk...you dont' even know what the fuckign club was like in '98 and '99 so do yourself and everyone else here a favor, and dont' talk anymore.. my only point was that they're in just as much hot water if not more b/c of their past then exit, not that one club is better or worse...

Originally posted by sfgirl21

thanks for clearing that up.. :)

i think people are making their opinions based on what they see or hear..and you cant really do that cause you dont see everything and you dont know how true everything you hear is.

Exactly my point. Its very easy to judge and criticize the way something is being runned or to easy comment on how things should be and so on, but its alot easier to say all you want to say than it actually is to do. I thought the same myself, i been in the club scene for many years, and have been working in the scene for going on 10 years and when i first started working at factory i started realizing how things work and why certain things arent done a certain way, even though it may seem easy to run it a certain way, but if it hasnt been done, obviously there is a reason for it. Do you think that the owner of SF or Exit or Tunnel wish for their club to be shut down by the city.

Originally posted by PFloyd40

you started clubbing like 2 years ago and sit here trying to talk shit.. i bet you weren't even there before they added the 4th floor and catwalk...you dont' even know what the fuckign club was like in '98 and '99 so do yourself and everyone else here a favor, and dont' talk anymore.. my only point was that they're in just as much hot water if not more b/c of their past then exit, not that one club is better or worse...

Can i ask you why are you so nasty, i mean ok, so maybe the person hasnt been around the scene for as long as you have, that doesnt necessarily mean that they dont know the deal behind everything that is going on, from a person who has been around the scene. I have met people who have been around the scene way longer than i have and they dont know the true facts about alot. I just think that you should keep the attitude to a minimum, i mean if you talk to people in a respectible way, maybe people can have a good conversation instead of saying go f**k off or shut the f**k up, you dont know sh*t and all that other stuff.

LOL.. don't worry about when i was there.. you still only went twice. My point, no need to type these big paragraphs as if you know the politics of everything thats gone on.No one really does.. :nopity:

buhbye

Originally posted by plasmiksf

Can i ask you why are you so nasty, i mean ok, so maybe the person hasnt been around the scene for as long as you have, that doesnt necessarily mean that they dont know the deal behind everything that is going on, from a person who has been around the scene. I have met people who have been around the scene way longer than i have and they dont know the true facts about alot. I just think that you should keep the attitude to a minimum, i mean if you talk to people in a respectible way, maybe people can have a good conversation instead of saying go f**k off or shut the f**k up, you dont know sh*t and all that other stuff.

like i said before this person has been there twice and has a serious distaste for the place.. everytime a thread comes up about this particular club he has something to add as if hes been going forever... He doesn't like it, thats it..

like i said before this person has been there twice and has a serious distaste for the place.. everytime a thread comes up about this particular club he has something to add as if hes been going forever... He doesn't like it, thats it..

Yea i hear ya, they all about the drama i guess.

but the truth is that you open up an after hours club, what kind of scene do you think you are going to get, just music lovers, i dont think so, your gonna get the kids who like to party. And the majority of the people that we apparently get are kids who like to mess with G, which can make you look all mangled and f**ked up.

So now you admit that you run an after hours club and the majority of the people (kids) are walking around G'D out?

So you knowingly run an after hours club full of drugs (after hours in Denver is the same way, just not as open, obvious or blatant), but on the one hand you act like people 'slip' by and the other you admit the use is all over? That's a bit hypocrtical there isn't it?

I'm not judging the point of after hours or the drug use that goes on.

The point I am making (and you made it did so indirectly yourself) is that you run the rsik of what happened (being shutdown and/or areested) by being in that business. If you can't handle the downside, then it's time to get out of the business. Certainly SF's lawyers had advised them all along of what they can and should do to mitigate the chances of something this ever happening right?

Just giving my opinion on the subject. No need to get defensive. I was/am not preaching. I simply stated my viewpoint of what I saw in SF and what I thought The mayor and The NYPD probably think too. Relax. My opinion is not one an expert; it's Just my observation.

Just giving my opinion on the subject. No need to get defensive. I was/am not preaching. I simply stated my viewpoint of what I saw in SF and what I thought The mayor and The NYPD probably think too. Relax. My opinion is not one an expert; it's Just my observation.

LOL.. don't worry about when i was there.. you still only went twice. My point, no need to type these big paragraphs as if you know the politics of everything thats gone on.No one really does.. :nopity:

buhbye

gimme a break.. where the hell are you coming up w/ this shit?

i had already been going to the fucking place for a good 2.5-3 years before i even met you, so try again... funny that you tell me not to be concerned w/ how long you've been going there, when you choose to pull shit out of your ass about how long i've been going there...

and this shit is getting old.. every time something comes up here regarding factory you tell me i've been there twice or some other stupid shit... like i said its why i dont' bother responding to you b/c its a waste of time since you apparently can't comprehend anything..

goodnite :cool:

i know i never really post here any more but cum on sf is shity these days and its full of ugly or fat people and most of the time the people are both ugly and fat LoL so i say fuk it we need better places in nyc to club at and hope fully with sf turning to shit it will make some other place better

who do you think your kidding?

jeez.. twilo wasn't even as bad.. at least there bouncers were like the fucking gestapo trying to keep shit out.. and they STILL got shut

Very true Twilos bouncers did everything they could to keep shit out. In factory it really was like the shit was legal.

I love factory! Been goin there for years. I think the only aspect everyone can agree on is that if it reopens it definitely is goin to lose what it had. In the end SF basically got way too sloppy. I can remember when I first went there back in 99' all I could think was, "Wow, people are so fucking blatant about drug use in here." Eventually I noticed that security started to tighten up because there was a pretty long period (year and half) it seems like they were constantly busting everybody's balls. But I can honestly say that the last 6 months or so factory was the worst it has ever been seen I started going there. Everything was way too open. I think any factoryhead knew that this day would eventually happen. It's ashame because I still think its a great club. Just my thoughts anyway.