Clubplanet Nightlife Community

jaded

somebitch

sometimes i feel like i cant tell what is real anymore. i meet someone and they are wonderful one day and the next they are questionable. i go between thinking it is human nature and thinking everything is an act. evenutally i convince myself of the latter and stop things dead in their tracks... i am a lost cause.

:blah:

where is everyone? this place is :bored:

Guest gabo

most of the time when u first meet someone it kinda is an act. Not so much in a bad way though, I just mean people act differently when they dont know a person as well. then slowly you start to become comfortable with that person and start acting real..

so I just try to be the cranky baby at all times so there is no difference with me.:D

Originally posted by somebitch

sometimes i feel like i cant tell what is real anymore. i meet someone and they are wonderful one day and the next they are questionable. i go between thinking it is human nature and thinking everything is an act. evenutally i convince myself of the latter and stop things dead in their tracks... i am a lost cause.

:( i totally feel u on this concept.

a month & a half ago i broke it off with this guy i had been dating for almost a year (he was 28, i'll be 19 in may. i know, i know.... i lied about it for a while, telling my parents he was 26 but i guess it doesnt make it any better LoL)

well it ended really badly. i actually remember a post on CP a few months ago & people were sayin he was usin me & whatev b.c. i was young & turns out.... they were right. see im a virgin, ive dated lots of guys here & there but nothin ever serious & i never kissed any of them so u can imagine how long they lasted (my ex was my first kiss.... i had lotsa shit happen to me when i was younger that was fucked up so ive never been very trusting with guys) well this older guy comes along & treats me like a queen, u know how it goes. i find out he was only stayin with me to nail me b.c. i was a "hot virgin" but was bangin half the state left & right behind me back... & now i question everyones intentions.... im always on the defensive and its pretty shitty b.c. ive been that way BEFORE i had this lil experience so..... :blown::D

lately tho ive been noticing im more laid back & maybe all this shit w\ him had an adverse affect on me or somethin...... i just know how u feel b.c. ive been battlin it for a while now.

i can only say to u to keep puttin urself out there. u get hurt but thats life u know? no one knows the intentions of anyone else... u just kinda have to take a chance. hopefully itll work out. ill never shut myself off from people just because ive been fucked over. i wont let it get me down like that. i am still very much jaded in a sense but its nothin i cant handle & nothin time wont fix :D

I think everyone acts to some degree. Probably b/c they want to impress or "wow" the other person. I don't think it's good to do too often, cuz like somebitch, people can see through that.

There are real people out there, with less layers to peel back. I find it that in the beginning of meeting anyone, there is some type of "show" to put on. But after some time, you should get to see the real person.

Unless they are confused themselves, and rely on an act to define their entire selves, which is completely wacko :roll:

hehe. yeah but what if u have known someone a while & they are very unpredictable day to day??? their attitudes change so fast based on good day/bad day at work or whatever. is that acceptable or does that make them a mean person?

That;s the girl i've been with, and im still with her in a way

keyword: in a way

I don't really say we're in a relationship, since she's so up and down with her moods. I think a large part of it is that she's used to getting what she wants, and she's still immature.

SO maybe those kind of people need to grow up, show them that they can't be like that to you, and that it's unacceptable.

hehe. yeah but what if u have known someone a while & they are very unpredictable day to day??? their attitudes change so fast based on good day/bad day at work or whatever. is that acceptable or does that make them a mean person?

Doesn't make them a mean person...Just a pain in the ass to deal with....they are just more moody then others.... Instead of walking around with a "grin & bear it" attitude..They let you know they are in a bad mood...But the downside is...they often take it out on you (without realizing sometimes)....It's no biggie....Just a rather annoying characteristic trait....So it's your decision to put up w/ it or not..

Doesnt really matter if people that start a relationship are putting on an act, you can only keep up that "act" for so long, eventually after 4 months the real "inner" person comes out...

This post reminds me of a movie I saw recently:

"Ya know how it is with women, they fall in love with you and they make you change into something your not, then when you finally change into that person they want the person who they FELL in love with,and ya never you can never go back to that"

Jist: women never ever know what they want :idea:

the last guy i hooked up this same thing happened to me...i was thinking ok this is good i've finally met someone who is about as abnormal as i am...but i have a tendency to take tings to fast which was the case and it got a little weird but then it evened out...then he just started acting like a strange cat...everything just went bad and like there are only so my times when you can say lets hang out, hey lets screw again, or whatever before you are tired of making the effort...i think i'm a lost cause too bc no matter what i say or do or how honest i am, i always get the shaft...and then i think did i even really like this guy or was i just trying to convince myself i did bc i dont wanna be alone...and then my haed explodes and i'm back to feeling lost again...:confused:

Originally posted by snarfgirl22

the last guy i hooked up this same thing happened to me...i was thinking ok this is good i've finally met someone who is about as abnormal as i am...but i have a tendency to take tings to fast which was the case and it got a little weird but then it evened out...then he just started acting like a strange cat...everything just went bad and like there are only so my times when you can say lets hang out, hey lets screw again, or whatever before you are tired of making the effort...i think i'm a lost cause too bc no matter what i say or do or how honest i am, i always get the shaft...and then i think did i even really like this guy or was i just trying to convince myself i did bc i dont wanna be alone...and then my haed explodes and i'm back to feeling lost again...:confused:

I WENT THROUGH THE SAME THING.....Here I am 2 years after the fact left at square 1.......My ex was THE COMPLETE opposite of what he was when I first met him to when we broke up....I could deal with the idea of people coming off a little different than they are b/c they want to impress someone but to put on an act like they are this cool/nice person when in fact they aren't PISSES me off!!!

I'm no about acting differently to make a good 1st impression...I act like me @ all times take it or leave it...It's a waste to "put on an act" cause if you do that..Then you ultimately know that person isn't going to like the real you...I tried for a long time to accept the REAL deal & its no bother...Now I'm left back where I started

you're not a lost cause, you just know what you want...i went throught this a little while ago...

I met this great guy, things seemed to be going well, you know in the beginning everything is perfect

but then i started to feel stressed by all negative things going on in the relationship, most of the negativity coming from HIM, then I realized was it really worth it? Why must I be dragged down on account of him? I deserve better and i stopped everying like BAM, it was OVER! no questions!

The hardest thing about dating is finding the right person you can click with, and in the beginning everyone "clicks" because both of you are trying so hard to make things work, but eventually people's true sides come out and you realize what a basket case you're stuck with and how it's affecting you negatively...dealing with being alone is never easy, but it's better than being stuck with someone who isn't right for you

Originally posted by venusvixen

The hardest thing about dating is finding the right person you can click with, and in the beginning everyone "clicks" because both of you are trying so hard to make things work, but eventually people's true sides come out and you realize what a basket case you're stuck with and how it's affecting you negatively...dealing with being alone is never easy, but it's better than being stuck with someone who isn't right for you

yeah but it is really tough when one day you think everything is perfect and the next you cant tell if they other person even gives a shit... sometimes you have to force yourself to step back and look at the situation. it makes you question whether it could ever become anything because of the simple little things that take away from the feeling that everything is perfect.

Originally posted by nayohmee

:( i totally feel u on this concept.

a month & a half ago i broke it off with this guy i had been dating for almost a year (he was 28, i'll be 19 in may. i know, i know.... i actually remember a post on CP a few months ago & people were sayin he was usin me & whatev b.c. i was young & turns out.... they were right. see im a virgin.....

Hahaha... So, it was you huh... :D I thought that story sounded familiar... I wish I could find that thread... But hey, nothing for nothing, it was entertaining no less..;)

You are half way there girl...Just wait till you get to be really intimate and then break up ! Its a totally whole new world.... keep us posted missy...:)

Life is a learning experience.... welcome to our world :aright:

dont think

most people dont understand themselves

so its pointless to try to understand and make sense of other people's actions etc

overall do u enjoy the time u spend with this person

if so hang out

if not

then don't

simple...

Originally posted by magellanmax

Hahaha... So, it was you huh... :D I thought that story sounded familiar... I wish I could find that thread... But hey, nothing for nothing, it was entertaining no less..;)

You are half way there girl...Just wait till you get to be really intimate and then break up ! Its a totally whole new world.... keep us posted missy...:)

Life is a learning experience.... welcome to our world :aright:

i cant really tell if ur being serious or sarcastic..... but either way, yes it was a learnin experience & regardless of how stupid & naive i feel i dont regret it. life is life, the good & the bad, i just take it as it comes. im not going to consider myself just plain fucked b.c. i got played or b.c. i made a stupid decision.... it happens to everyone so.....:cool::D

im glad my situation entertained ya tho.... :blown:

jk ;)

Originally posted by nayohmee

i cant really tell if ur being serious or sarcastic..... but either way, yes it was a learnin experience & regardless of how stupid & naive i feel i dont regret it. life is life, the good & the bad, i just take it as it comes. im not going to consider myself just plain fucked b.c. i got played or b.c. i made a stupid decision.... it happens to everyone so.....:cool::D

im glad my situation entertained ya tho.... :blown:

jk ;)

Aaawwwwww....How could you say that ?? You actually thought I was being malicious?? I was just stating something that I observed.... It has happened to alot of peeps than you can imagine missy,...doesnt necessarily make you naive..but just like everybodys' learning curve...we all go thru that shit !! Its been said, the best teacher is "experience"...I believe that wholly ! I was just letting you know that it happens to even the most savvy in relationships.

You are learning....and for me, my "entertainment" is knowing you, just like everybody else is going thru the same shit we all did. Nothing wrong with that. I just hope one day you'll be like...I heard that shit on CP and I was one step ahead of that MoFo !! Best compliment ever..

Dont get all wound up.. nothing personal girl... just like I said...

"Life is a learning experience......welcome to our world"..:D

Good luck....live life like there's no 2morrow...;)

everyone has a PERSONA that "protects" the PERSON and usually tries to cover insecurities by acting like the extreme opposite. you have to get through the persona (that EVERYONE has) and talk to the PERSON.

to get there is sometimes tough, a good way i found is "opening up" and showing weaknesses and shortcomings yourself FIRST and that way make the other person feel comfortable opening up too.

okay, to be honest though, if i just wanna bed a girl i will open up with false "inside info", ANY inside info, weakness, whatever that comes to my mind at the time to get to her inner person to make her feel attracted faster. but usually, once one takes the effort to open up to you and show shortcomings of himself too, he is interested in how your "real" person is (which is basically a good thing cause he´s considering you as a potential girlfriend/friend).