Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Any Frat kids or Soroity Girls On this board?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isn't it true that you have to pay some absurd amount of money per semester to be in a sorority / fraternity? like 3 bills or some shit? too funny.

i don't know jackshit about the "greek" scene b/c my school was a lil advanced for its own good -- they were not allowed. :idea:

Originally posted by sexxybabyd

So If they beg people to do it why would they make them do such stupid shit to pledge. I saw girls walking round NYU the other day just in t-shirts with the soroity name of the shirt and it was freezing cold out.

Because it's PLEDGING. And involved with pledging is a little thing called HAZING. :aright:

Wow, wearing t-shirts in the cold? damn I wish it was that easy for me...And yes, I pay, I pay 240 a semster and its not paying for friends, its paying for alcohol and events that we throw. I think it's well worth it.I guess it's just a matter of opinion, but drinking free thursday, friday and saturday dounds good to me!

:beer::clap2::pint:

Originally posted by sexxybabyd

So If they beg people to do it why would they make them do such stupid shit to pledge. I saw girls walking round NYU the other day just in t-shirts with the soroity name of the shirt and it was freezing cold out.

yea our sororities do that.

were u around promoting for your Vday party? got the flyer at my apt down at Water street, looks good! ;)

Originally posted by Codica3

Woot Woot (Tau Kappa Epsilon) :D

Hmmm....and I could've sworn teke was a fraternity....

Delta Chi, founding father of South Florida chapter. While some of the generalizations are still true, it's still good to get the lowdown. My chapter (colony when I was there really) didn't haze at all, weren't womanizers, got decent grades, and still partied like crazy....just goes to show that not all fraternities fit the evil mold.

lol i was referring to NYU in my previous posts...from my impression, a majority of the sororities are sorostitutes...i've even had frat guys tells me that...and i'm friends with a fair share of frat guys, a lot of them are dorks, some of them are trying to bust out of the NYU shell...

a lot of shady shit goes down in those frats though, sammie got kicked outta third north last semester

Phi Kappa tau

my house had our own full time cook.

a double room which we converted into a bar and could fit over 50 people.....

we had a dj booth and a dance floor with lighting.....

My house was sick. We had a house bill of about $1500 a semester. that would pay for our Formal, Food, Beer, Cook, and room for the entire semester. So every party we had our beer was already paid for.

I pledged for 7 weeks. Well worth it. i made some good friends in college.

In all honesty, Frats are different at every school and everyone is gonna have a different opinion on them. Just because a frat was looked down upon at your school doesn't mean that they are at others. Just like everything else in life people love to hate!!!!!!

Originally posted by lillizzy

lol i was referring to NYU in my previous posts...from my impression, a majority of the sororities are sorostitutes...i've even had frat guys tells me that...and i'm friends with a fair share of frat guys, a lot of them are dorks, some of them are trying to bust out of the NYU shell...

a lot of shady shit goes down in those frats though, sammie got kicked outta third north last semester

sammie was hazing kids with some ridiculous shit like push-up on bottle caps and glass...AND they made pledges sit around a fire in diapers....INSIDE THE DORMS

so what do u expect lol....but yea, nyu frats are kinda pointless cuz its hard to have an active greek life on a city campus

i was thinkin of pledging Pikes, just cuz i know like half of it already so i know they wont dick me around but...i dunno, its a lot of time and money

Originally posted by dolik

sammie was hazing kids with some ridiculous shit like push-up on bottle caps and glass...AND they made pledges sit around a fire in diapers....INSIDE THE DORMS

so what do u expect lol....but yea, nyu frats are kinda pointless cuz its hard to have an active greek life on a city campus

i was thinkin of pledging Pikes, just cuz i know like half of it already so i know they wont dick me around but...i dunno, its a lot of time and money

ive heard plenty of different stories, even from sammie guys...whatever you do, don't pledge fiji