Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HELP! what are the biggest and best clubs in NYC

Hello New York,

Im from Boston and I'm coming to NYC with a crew of people and just trying to get the 411. we've been to Exit and we liked it (im sure its played to you guys) can anyone give me the names of other clubs like Exit?? we like the big places.

Also whats the deal with the club closings? is this a normal thing in NYC? and if any of you come to Boston I'll hook you up

Ehh, well

Ny is kinda shitty as of late, alot of clubs are closing n shit, but alot have opened,

most of it has moved to Underground shit, n places in Brooklyn..

Big clubs are dead, the new thing is smaller clubs, n shit like that, Try Webster Hall".......?

Super clubs are dead...

Originally posted by dirtyepic18

oh, and nyc clubs dont close till the sun comes up... so you should have fun wherever you go

yes so unlike other clubs outside nyc who still work under the stupid conservative state laws...and close at 2am (which is actually the right time to go out!!!)

I doubt I'm supposed to do this (message to DaVe: this message board is much better except in this respect), but...

check http://www.naughtybooth.com, and go to Events calendar. Thare's a pretty decent listing of whaty's going on each day up there. This big clubs are:

Exit (pretty guido)

Soundfactory (very guido)

Webster Hall (Extremely Guido)

Arc (people for the music...no meat market scene, no drinks)

Roxy (Slightly smaller than Exit, but slightly better crowd)

Shelter (More diverse, holds about 800 people (about half the size of Roxy, but more rooms)

Filter 14 (tiny, but great sound system, good DJs, and decent pick-up scene)

Fun (Extremely Diverse, holds about 500 people...brings out the freaks)

Spa (Very mainstream, pretty people place, very costly for what you get)

China Club (mostly hip-hop, but another pretty people crowd...not like it used to be though)

Cheetah (mostly hip-hop, more like Ghetto Fabulous)

Limelight (haven't heard many good reviews since it reopened)

Centro-Fly (very good music, more of a Euro crowd....kind of a cross between the serious music places and the scene places)

There are a few other big(ish) clubs around that I'm either forgetting to mention or can't give a synapsis of....either way, check out what you like. If you liked Exit a lot, you'll probably like either Roxy or Soundfactory (if it's open)

Ok if you're looking for a typical-type cavernous type place--I'd check what's in starcapone's pants.

if you're looking for someplace a little dank, kind of underground-dirty-oldschool-feel, call njangel/jjbebebe

if you dig those big-gay-hoe-down-leather-chaps-junior-vasquez type of thing, i would have to go with teklord/phonkz

if you want like a place thats 'urban' but not 'ghetto'--bc you're scared of like 'thug types' but still want kind of like a saccharin ethinic type thing, spragga's your best bet

and you just want some Tina, call heretic.

:spin: Hope that helped! :spin:

Originally posted by ivehadit

Ok if you're looking for a typical-type cavernous type place--I'd check what's in starcapone's pants.

if you're looking for someplace a little dank, kind of underground-dirty-oldschool-feel, call njangel/jjbebebe

if you dig those big-gay-hoe-down-leather-chaps-junior-vasquez type of thing, i would have to go with teklord/phonkz

if you want like a place thats 'urban' but not 'ghetto'--bc you're scared of like 'thug types' but still want kind of like a saccharin ethinic type thing, spragga's your best bet

please do us all a favor and jump in front of a bus

Originally posted by ivehadit

Kill yourself (quick)

Thanks for all the 411 its much appreciated. Hopefully sound Factory will be open when we get up there, I've been to Webster Hall and me and my girl where not too impressed, lot of shady folk in that place but we had a goodtime. I can tell the best place in Boston is hands down the Roxy so if you guys are ever in beantown thats where to go on a Sat night.

Later