Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Books I have to read

I have 4 books here I want to read. They are

Oral History of Hip Hop's First decade yes yes yall

Generation OF Ecstasy

Disco BloodBath

and Rave Culture " An Insider's overview

Did anyone ever read any of them?

I think I am going to start with Disco BloodBath. The one I am most excited to read.

Also did any one ever read "Last Night a DJ Save My Life?" It is a book about the history of Djing, it starts in the early 1900 thru the early 90's I think REALLY REALLY good book, a must read, in my book.

Damn, what the hell is Disco Bloodbath about? That Angel guy? I saw a documentary on that last year sometime.

Yes, Yes Y'all is a good book, so is Back In The Days. My friend Kevin Powell also wrote a book with Ernie Paniciolli called Who Shot Ya? An Illustrated History of Hip-Hop.

I'll be sure to look Disco Bloodbath up on Amazon, you guys do the same with the others I mentioned!

I also recommend David Sedaris to ANYONE....Naked is the shit, and so is Me Talk Pretty One Day.

Needful Things is also one of my favorites, (Stephen King), a zillion times better than the movie.

One of my favorite quotes is, "Never judge a book by its movie."

:)

Yo.....you are FUCKING ME UP with that avie and sig!! :laugh:

I just want to stare and stare at the eye.......

Anyhoo, I am on my way to Barnes and Noble shortly.....gonna get me a venti white chocolate mocha and post up in the cafe with a stack of books, that is my ritual....keeps me sane. I've taken note of the titles you all recommended and will check them out. ;)

Disco Bloodbath is a very good read, James St. James can make the most fucked up stuff seem light and hilarious....

Check out Ecstasy Club...about a group of squatters starting up their own club at a warehouse in England...has a weirddd ending tho