Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The S&G Party with Oscar G reviews....

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

Hey I finally get to review my own party....:laugh:

Though I'll be truthful.

Frist off, big thanks to Oscar for doing this. Its nice to know there is Djs out there who aren't all about the money.

Next guyman, without him, none of this would have happened. He did a great job...

The placed was the most packed that club have ever seen. It was a good crowd, lots of chicks, but in no way a Voodoo Lounge club crowd. I still can't figure out how voodoo does it?:confused:

We were really kept out of the loop. The things I wanted to changed were all not changed. Hell I couldn't even get them to turn all the speakers on in the club and Oscar G was spining:confused: When I asked them to turn them on, I was greeted with a flat out NO! So we book one of the best djs in the world, and they are worried about people being able to talk:confused: Now you guys understand Lauderdale has a long way to go, and I hope Lot 120 moves it forward.

We had issuse after issue but nothing we could do about it. We were rookies, and just had to bite the bullet. I am a little worried about what I post on here, but hey I won't BS anyone. I'll just post it.

For the longest time we had the hardest time getting Jimmy t to spin. They kept saying they didn't want him, and didn't need him, and the house dj was being a dick and wanted to open up for OG. Well exactly what I set out to avoid, happed, and I was pissed. The house dj cuts Jimmy T's set out, and bangs it out super hard at 11pm till og goes on. I'm sooooooooooooooo mad but nothing I can do. I almost went in the booth and smacked the guy. Totaly disrespected Oscar and this is why I hired a professional like Jimmy T....Make a long story short, by the end of the night they fired the house dj, and were asking for Jimmy T's business card... Even though they never heard him spin and after they fucked him out of his set.... So for OG, we do apologize, that dj should not of done that, but nothing I could of done. But you didn't seem to mind, considering we were in lauderale.

Oscar played a great set. Dropped fired up and some old school super sonic....

Highlite of the night was when some pigeon was naked on the stage dancing, and none of us up in the vip thought og could see her, but then out of no where he drops Missy Elliots Werq it.....It was sooooooooooo funny.... Andrew Thomas tells me later on, some dudes ran the train on her in the back vip room:eek: Serious hooker! Og had a great set. Though its evident that he needs a serious sound system. Matrix's system is just not up to par and doesn't do his skills justice. But the placed danced all night till 4am....

Big how you doing to the cpers who showed up. Even Ralph Falcon, Edgar V and Frank Lords came out to support. Frank Lords is a straight up pimp! Dude rocks the vip by having chicks all over him.... I gotta get a #1 billboard hit!!!!!!!:D Meli and matas thank you for going, it meant a lot for us. Hog, dui, da jew, angry allen his crew, chaos made an appearance. and anyone I left out.... oh and the lovey Natalia from 93.1. Talk about a beautiful chick!!!!!!!!!

We prooved it could be done. I was happy with the party, but not as happy as I would of been, if they let me run it. I won't be doing business with them again. We lived and learned and moved on. But the pary turned a profit. We each walked away with 80 bucks!!!!!!!:eek: < yes that not a typo...

S&G will return some time after march..... This time only with totaly control... I can't let people who never ventured to hear og at space run my party... Till then go check out mruk tonight, I can't make it i'm leaving for tampa for a wedding.

Guest saleen351

oh one last thing, it was sooooooo cool having edgar and ralph in the vip area. I didn't have to go finding track ids... They knew them all!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I bet Oscar and Jimmy can understand the resident dj for getting pissed, djs know to well there's a territorial instinct about having big-time dj come to your club and steal your thunder...still, being a dick is never justified.

Now I know what the S&G mistery was all about...Saleen & one of my favorite comedians Guyman...throwing their own party...genius!

You guys have to be patient about the profit thing...$80 beats $00...and believe it or not...parties sometimes go for months without breaking let alone becoming profitable...still, a good experience for you guys I bet...and of course, like you said...you stubborn crazy man, you proved you could throw Saleenfest in Laudy;)

To learn how to swim, you have to get your feet wet, they say...I'm sure you understand better how hard it is to throw a party and what assholes you can find along the way...still, I give Saleen props for taking action and throwing his own party...way to go Saleen!

peace

Funk:cool:

ps. I still think you're a dick! :laugh:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by funketeer

I bet Oscar and Jimmy can understand the resident dj for getting pissed, djs know to well there's a territorial instinct about having big-time dj come to your club and steal your thunder...still, being a dick is never justified.

Now I know what the S&G mistery was all about...Saleen & one of my favorite comedians Guyman...throwing their own party...genius!

You guys have to be patient about the profit thing...$80 beats $00...and believe it or not...parties sometimes go for months without breaking let alone becoming profitable...still, a good experience for you guys I bet...and of course, like you said...you stubborn crazy man, you proved you could throw Saleenfest in Laudy;)

To learn how to swim, you have to get your feet wet, they say...I'm sure you understand better how hard it is to throw a party and what assholes you can find along the way...still, I give Saleen props for taking action and throwing his own party...way to go Saleen!

peace

Funk:cool:

ps. I still think you're a dick! :laugh:

what i learned is that all club people use you for who you know or what you know, then they take the credit, and pretend its their doings that got the club packed, not the guys responsible... I didn't even get a good job or a thankyou, and I and guyman packed the place more than any party in the history of the club.... too bad, our next one will be at their competiton.. the money thing didn't matter to me, I told guyman to keep it and pay for his bottle, but he refused. We had fun and learned a lot and it was still all worth it in the end. People seemed to have a blast... it was really fun and great hanging with some peeps...

now all I gotta do is somehow weezel my way into lot 120.... cause no one will compete with them, once they get up and running. That space was the exact space we wanted to use for our party, but its not open yet...

None the less, our next big dj is already on board, we just have to wait till after march, since with so many spring breakers, clubs don't need us..... So come april, get ready... S&G will be back, and I'm shooting to make 160 bucks this time:laugh:

ps the party could be G&S... I don't want guyman thinking I named the party using my letter first...:D

congrats 2 nick and guyman!!!!!:D I would of gone out to support in a darkbeat, but the whole valentines thing made it virtually impossible!!!:( Too bad for the whole jimmy t incident as well:( Ill be present for his set tonite though!!!

Well good luck on your next party fellas, and dont stress the $80 thing, look at it this way, you did somthing youve been wanting to do, create your party(which totally didnt go as you planned but it rarely does) and you were part of somthing genuine, and got paid for it!!!!! Im sure you guys would of been happy just covering your costs, at least i would, it IS all about the music!!!!:D

CHEERS GUYS, see u in wmc2003

it was great party....club was pretty packed for such a venue...got lost getting there, u know us Dade County people...but thanks for a drunk hog getting us there...me and Meli had alot of fun...Meli got to meet Senor Oscar...he threw a great set, even for the Ft. Laud. crowd...i think they loved it, but didnt know how to react to the types of beats that Oscar was throwing down...great meeting Chaos!!! cool dude, we def. have arrange a meet up of some sort....got mad trashed, dont know how i made it home...had a really bad headache this morning...overall a good night at Ruth's Chris with Meli...then some partying at Matrix....saleen/guyman u know u can count on me and Meli to support ur ventures....thanks for everything...i had a blast in Lauderdale....Oscar even threw in Afrika Boombada:eek:

ps

Andrew-- ur cd so far is very nice...got a while to go, but the tracks are very good...thanks for the cd....:aright:

First, a big thank you to Oscar, Nick & everyone that came out. Nick is right and fair with his review. But, the main fact is that EVERYONE HAD A FUN TIME! To me, take that fact and couple it with Meli NOT falling down, the night was a huge success! And Funk is right... at least we made a few dollars and did not loose anything!!! I'm glad we popped our cherry and got this thing done. I can't wait until we do it again!

And, while I realize that "The Saleen" likes to portray himself as a dick on the boards, he really is a stand up guy. In fact, Nick is a gentleman (sorry Nick if this ruins the "asshole" reputation you have worked so hard to build). In my real life, my word is my bond and my career depends on that. I also expect people I work with to be the same. Nick is 100% solid. Oscar is 100% solid. Sorry I can't say that about some other folks that I've met.

Oh. One more big thing. NICK - HOW COULD YOU NOT MENTION THE CHICK THAT STRIPED NAKED IN FRONT OF THE ENTIRE CLUB????? AND, NO, she was not part of the staff.

Guyman... sorry I left even before Oscar got on, I just forgot what the lauderdale crowd was like.... add to that I felt like an overdressed idiot (even w/ just jeans and nice shirt).... I wish I had a t-shirt with me.

then to find out that Jimmy wasn't going on was just the last straw. (I wanted to hear him more than Oscar.. again)

Props to you guys for the efforts, but the lauderdale crowd & clubs still give me a rash.

It would have been different if they were just playing decent music outside so we could have chilled a bit or at least sat down since I was so not feeling the music or like dancing.

I wish I could have talked with some of the crew...

but c'est la vie.... next time.

P.S. I don't care if in person saleen thows hundred dollar bills at me before washing my car.... he is still a prick.

I had a great time at the bash

Big thanks big time to Saleen, Guyman and OG.

A big fuck you:peeright: Matrix for not kicking that shit head off the decks and not letting Jimmy play.

Glade I could guide Matas and Meli to the club in my drunken haze:laugh: :laugh:

Og played some nice tunes and Good call playing the hip hop booty music when that girl was naked and doing pervers movements.:D :D

I had a great time regardless of the little incident... Ive learned not to stress ... Guyman and Saleen thank you much for your hospitality... You guys went out of your way...

I think you should give it another shot soon, and you can definately count on me... A big shout out to the crew it was fun hanging with everyone last night...

Jimmy

p.s. - Oscar threw it down!!!!

Saleen and Guyman ....

Big ... CONGRATS ... for having the balls to take action and throwing the party you believe in ... outcomes can always be better ... what you achieved is the most important ...

Sorry I couldn't make it ... it would have been a pleasure to hang out ... party w/u guys ... and obviously check out Jimmy T and Oscar G ... two of my fav down here ... :)

Keep us posted ... I know we will support in greater numbers next time ... I had to be at the other party ... just cause we helped organize it ... even though we were not part of it in the last six days ... and obviously to show some love to RW and 3 ...

Overall ... it takes the first step to walk ... and then to run ...

Peace,

Vip:hat:

Originally posted by andrewthomas

i see we both up same damn time 8 freggin 30 in the amm

this suckss i cant sleep hahahaa

not that i gave you the wrong cd its just that it was a request kinda by someone , but if i had a choice i would have givin anyone else the other cd

knaaa meann??;)

i hear ya bro...btw--its not that i cant sleep, its that i fawkin start work at 730....just trying to look busy while i surf the net...;)

GOT LOST GOING TO MATRIX. MAYBE IT WAS THE BOTTLE OF WINE WE HAD AT RUTH CHRIS.....I START CALLING SALEEN, GUYMAN, AND THE HOG. WHO PICKS UP? THE DRUNK ONE OF COURSE. THANKS STEVE BUT YOU DIDN'T DO SHIT FOR US. :laugh: FINALLY, GUYMAN CALLS BACK AND GAVE US DIRECTIONS.

WE GET THERE AND I WAS SURPRISED TO SEE SO MANY PEOPLE IN LAUDERDALE. I HADN'T BEEN THERE IN YEARS. OSCAR G WAS GOING OFF AS USUAL. IT WAS GREAT FINALLY MEETING HIM. REAL NICE GUY. IT WAS NICE TO SEE EDGAR V THERE AS WELL.

I'M GLAD EVERYTHING TURNED OUT WELL FOR THE MOST PART. YOU CAN COUNT ON MATAS AND ME FOR SUPPORT. ;)

Guest saleen351

HEY I GOT SOME FAN MAIL FROM A VIPER...

Wanted to thank you Focker for the hook up Friday

night. Had a great time.

OG was awesome! Congrats

Peace

AHHHHHHHHHHHH MY FIRST FAN MAIL.....:)