Clubplanet Nightlife Community

About getting to NJ from NYC after 1am..

How the hell? The port authority buses stop at 1am and I really can't take any trains to the area of Union City; North Bergen. I also don't want to have to pay a taxi $30. Seems like my only option is to wait til 6am when the buses start again.

Can I get some help from someone local please.

By the way anybody going to Arc tonight that think Talla is all that. He's not...trust me I've been in the scene since '94. Unless you want to reminiss(I think that's how you spell it) about 5-6 years ago, don't bother. He play that ohhh la la trance bs that is sooo done, and I'm not talking about new shit either. I saw him 2 or 2 weeks ago in a club in Miami that has also been closed called Spin. :( The sister club of Space. Spin just got sold, had nothing to do with any drug stings. By the way, I'm planning on going to Webster Hall, don't know if it's going to the best but since SF and Exit are closed seems like that is my only option. Once again opinions will be recognized. Peace. Miami.

:cool:

Either wait til 6 as i sometimes have no choice to do for njtransit

or just take the PATH train to hoboken or jersey city and from there maybe a cab home..which will prolly be less than 30 but i could be wrong cause im not entirely familiar with the area...in any event next time take nj transit..or drive to the path station in hoboken or newport/pavona and take the path in.

The "tart carts" that you can pick up on 42nd st, north side of Port Authority, run all night. I think it's around $2, definintely not too much more than that if at all. They run up Boulevard East all the way to Fairview...

Taking the PATH to Hoboken is an option, but it'll probably be more time consuming and frustrating. Take the train to Hoboken, the taxis are right there when you get out. I guell it'll run you around $10 to $15, but I'm not sure.

Sorry to hear that Spin is no more. I partied there NYE with George Acosta and had a blast there...

Thanks for all that replied. I ended up taking the "immigration bus", "tart cart". "3rd class truck"..you get the picture. It took us straight to NJ on Blvd East for just $1.75. We had to walk like 10 blocks in 18 degree weather to get to where our final destination was but I rather that, then $40 for a taxi. I ended up at Webster Hall that Saturday that Tallla was playing and I saw the review post in which many complained about what I warned about on this thread about Talla.

Anyway it was my first experience at Webster and me and my girl were on the Clubplanet guestlist which got us in for $20 instead of $30 each. There was a chinese looking Dj in the main floor which played two really good songs and mixed them really good.

One was the Dark beat remix which I had heard for the first time and the other was Iio "At the end", he peaked that song to perfection. Anybody know that Dj's name that was spinning that night?

Victor sorry I didn't make it to Float, it would have been cool to meet. If you ever come down let me know and I'll let you know what's up here and get you some comps.

By the way, Blizzards suck! Our Continental flight got cancelled and had to stay two extra days doing nothing and we had to settle for a connection flight rather then non-stop to Miami with one of Continentals "partners" Northwest. I guess it was a "cool" trip overall. Thank you all for your hospitality.

Originally posted by wildmiami

How the hell? The port authority buses stop at 1am and I really can't take any trains to the area of Union City; North Bergen. I also don't want to have to pay a taxi $30. Seems like my only option is to wait til 6am when the buses start again.

Can I get some help from someone local please.

By the way anybody going to Arc tonight that think Talla is all that. He's not...trust me I've been in the scene since '94. Unless you want to reminiss(I think that's how you spell it) about 5-6 years ago, don't bother. He play that ohhh la la trance bs that is sooo done, and I'm not talking about new shit either. I saw him 2 or 2 weeks ago in a club in Miami that has also been closed called Spin. :( The sister club of Space. Spin just got sold, had nothing to do with any drug stings. By the way, I'm planning on going to Webster Hall, don't know if it's going to the best but since SF and Exit are closed seems like that is my only option. Once again opinions will be recognized. Peace. Miami.

:cool:

:D :D